Speculation: Who's going to start in Goal tonight - register your prediction !

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Reimer is 1-8-0 with a .822 save % in his last nine
Now that's AHL goalie.

Looks like we are starting an AHL goalie tonight regardless.
I say start the AHL goalie that sulks less.
Reimer can be the backup.

Beyonder91

RASMUS
Oct 13, 2006
Toronto
It is a lot more likely the goalie who has been playing like garbage under pressure continues to play like garbage under pressure. It is also back to back games, the team is coming off four straight losses riding Reimer and Reimer's brain is toast.

The Leafs cannot afford to play Russian roulette starting Reimer again when the teams playoff lives are on the line.

So put all that pressure on a 30 year old AHL goalie with 4 games of NHL experience? Not to mention the additional pressure of knowing this could be his last shot at any future in the NHL.

Makes no sense...

The only real argument is the back to back games.

But, I can't see Caryle playing Mac. Much easier for him to place the blame on Reimer than his decision to play a career AHL goalie at the most critical time of the season.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Really? MacIntyre has 4 career NHL games. Much more likely he ***** the bed than Reimer.

Reimer is already pooping the bed. We know this with a 100% certainty.
MacIntyre could be just as bad. But I have some hope with him. I have zero hope in Reimer. He looks like he has mailed it in.

nussell

Nov 29, 2013
Ontario
this fanbase lol. reimer has a stretch of a bad couple weeks after singlehandedly dragging us to the playoffs last year and we want to give up on him.

yes he had a ****** game. every goalie has ****** games from time to time.

that said, given that it's a b2b, starting mac would be okay i guess, but imo a tired JR is better than mac any day

Reimer got lucky because toronto had no good goalies in there system if Pogge would of worked out reimer would of be gone long ago. Turco says Reimer sucks Glenn says he sucks his old goalie coach even said he sucked

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
So put all that pressure on a 30 year old AHL goalie with 4 games of NHL experience? Not to mention the additional pressure of knowing this could be his last shot at any future in the NHL.

Makes no sense...

But, I can't see Caryle playing Mac. Much easier for him to place the blame on Reimer than his decision to play a career AHL goalie at the most critical time of the season.

At 30 years old you'd take any shot. **** the pressure. By that stage you got nothing to lose.

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
But, I can't see Carlyle playing Mac. Much easier for him to place the blame on Reimer than his decision to play a career AHL goalie at the most critical time of the season.

But after the 4th loss in a row ?
And Reimer's weak goals being the difference in the game ?

He's gotta try something.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Why is it ok to give Reimer full credit for getting Toronto into the playoffs last year with 31 starts, but absolute him of all blame after his 31st start of this year?

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I expect Reimer to start, but I'm hoping it won't make any difference and the Leafs dominate to the point where he can't be a factor.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
I expect Reimer to start, but I'm hoping it won't make any difference and the Leafs dominate to the point where he can't be a factor.

Don't understand the logic here. Another back braking goal and it's lights out. Teams are up tight. There is no room for 1 or 2 bad goals per game.

I don't trust Reimer at all. His body might be there but this guy is gonzo mentally. Just keep him warming the bench and his body will be gone next season too.

Right after that Nonis needs to send Carlyle packing. Playoffs or not. Just too many relationship problems with players.

This team needs to start resembling a unit. If anyone has a problem with that and Nonis has a sniff then ship them out too.

Last edited:

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I'm sure Carlyle's logic will be that Reimer is an NHL goalie and Mac is not. I don't necessarily agree, but I'll be shocked if we see Mac get the start.

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
attachment.php

Attachments

• poll.results.reimer.vs.macintyre.jpg
    poll.results.reimer.vs.macintyre.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 15

rrc1967

Jan 9, 2014
Houston Texas
Why is it ok to give Reimer full credit for getting Toronto into the playoffs last year with 31 starts, but absolute him of all blame after his 31st start of this year?

because of simple math? 31 starts out of 48 games versus 31 starts out of 72 games?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Remember when Raycroft was awful and Aubin had to come in and clean up the mess? That's what I think you'd be looking for McIntyre to do for a game or two before Bernier comes back. I also expect the team's spirits to lift when Bernier comes back.

Durkin67

I wanted to see Reimer moved pre deadline, not because I dislike him, but because he will be wearing another team's jersey next season, and I wanted to see Drew MAc get some time before the playoffs. Some of you will recall he was pretty awesome in the pre season. He reminds me of Dwayne Roloson in some ways. He likes to challenge shooters and he has some confidence. Reimer has none at this point. He's fighting the puck on every shot. It's clear that he's beating himself on half of these really questionable goals.

Last edited by a moderator:

cack

Jul 30, 2013

Makes no sense...

Leafs are down 1-0 again and already playing catch up. Make that 2-0. Lol make that 3. Thank you Reimer.

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
Carlyle is a gutless turd for not starting MacIntyre.
GUTLESS.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad