OT: Who's getting NHL 14 tomorrow? :)

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I'm buying it today.

I know it's the same game, slightly tweaked graphics, a few new engines that don't really make or break a game and EA in ALL of it's glory but, God damn... I love playing online with the gang. I've made quite a few friends because of it, got to meet Hannibal in person as well and it's just fun. As much as I complain about EA, I'll still buy NHL every year just to have some fun with everyone and get a few good laughs.

Maybe this season I'll get a shut-out in EASHL, if my own teammates don't ruin my SO with less than 30 seconds in the game.

My brother doesn't understand what you're talking about! :sarcasm:

This year, i'll missed playing with the boys... But too many good games coming up and i don't want to be mad at EA with this game...

I'll missed you guyz! :( Maybe later...

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I gave up on GTA after the last one, when they took all the fun out of the sandbox modes. No great cheats like GTA SA etc, just way too much unimportant tasks to complete to get anywhere etc.

I'm hearing it's sort of the same in GTA V, tedious player switching and not enough sandbox etc.. I hope I'm hearing wrong.

Actually, from what I've seen, it's supposed to be a lot like San Andreas, minus Frisco and Vegas, but besides the missing cities (which is a shame actually), there's supposed to be more sandbox content than any previous edition.

GTA IV lacked content in single player, but for anyone like me who played a lot of PC online games in the late 90s and early 2000's, and was also a great fan of the GTA series, the lack of single player content was nicely compensated by the online play, which had been a long time coming on console games.

I've spent countless hours playing GTA IV, and 99% of it was multiplayer.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Actually, from what I've seen, it's supposed to be a lot like San Andreas, minus Frisco and Vegas, but besides the missing cities (which is a shame actually), there's supposed to be more sandbox content than any previous edition.

GTA IV lacked content in single player, but for anyone like me who played a lot of PC online games in the late 90s and early 2000's, and was also a great fan of the GTA series, the lack of single player content was nicely compensated by the online play, which had been a long time coming on console games.

I've spent countless hours playing GTA IV, and 99% of it was multiplayer.

I will be unimpressed if you have to constantly switch characters to complete missions.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
I will be unimpressed if you have to constantly switch characters to complete missions.

You do I think, if you saw the extraction mission. But it might be optional, a in if you don't switch the AI will just do whatever is needed anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad