OT: Who's getting NHL 14 tomorrow? :)

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
i totally agree.. i have spend 2h last night re-adjusting the players rating so i can start a 30 team full control season. I love playing with every team.. I also put the top CHL players with their AHL teams (Scheifele , Strome ect..) I will also adjust the Goalie equipment before starting my season....

Gorges is rated 86... i guess his dad created the game this year... LOL

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
i totally agree.. i have spend 2h last night re-adjusting the players rating so i can start a 30 team full control season. I love playing with every team.. I also put the top CHL players with their AHL teams (Scheifele , Strome ect..) I will also adjust the Goalie equipment before starting my season....

30 team full control? for GM Mode? or just playing through a season?

Yeah Gorges needed to be bumped down a bit, mainly his shooting category was way, way too high. It's like they've never even looked at his real life stats let alone seen him play.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Wanted to start an offline GM mode but its going to take me two weeks to edit the players and prospects properly. I'm 100% confident that EA could pick up the average hockey fan and pay him for 1 day and they could make more realistic ratings and rosters. (Especially when it comes to prospects and young players.)

Bro, a buddy of mine that I used to play with all the time and I used to take a LONG time adjusting all the ratings and rosters to better reflect "reality". I haven't played any of the NHLs since they've started having "full" minor league control, so I can only imagine how much longer something like that would take. Actually, I'm willing to be he's doing that right now, haha.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Things like this is why it would be awesome if you can download rosters online.
If that was the case.. I'd probably stay with NHL 13.

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
30 team full control? for GM Mode? or just playing through a season?

Yeah Gorges needed to be bumped down a bit, mainly his shooting category was way, way too high. It's like they've never even looked at his real life stats let alone seen him play.

30 teams season mode... i play full controle on the rosters and keep up to date with the real trades of the NHL.. I usually don't get a chance to finnish the season because i play about 500 to 600 games per year (wife and kids) lol..

I have toned done

Gorges from 86 to 83
Gionta from 82 to 80
decreased Markov speed from 86 to 80

Boosted

Galchenyuk from 82 to 84
Subban from 88 to 91
DD from 79 to 82
Prust from 79 to 81

Budaj 78 to 82 ( i boost every goalie ratings... like top goalies like quick and lundqvist a put them around 94 and averege goalies like Reimer and mason to 84's

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
Things like this is why it would be awesome if you can download rosters online.
If that was the case.. I'd probably stay with NHL 13.

you actually can.. but those roster the player ratings are awefull.. and for NHL14.. ou have to download the first roster update or you will get the rosters from the last game of the season..

I have created about 10 players missing from the game: Kuznetsov (might play after the khl season, Kristo, Trouba, Nickushkin, Merrill and a few other NCAA or European prospects not in the game... Im a hardcore NHL fan and love the authenticity of the rosters.. so be a gm or be a pro is not my type of game.. and i don't play online (find the paste of the game too slow and my rautor sucks too

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
you actually can.. but those roster the player ratings are awefull.. and for NHL14.. ou have to download the first roster update or you will get the rosters from the last game of the season..

I have created about 10 players missing from the game: Kuznetsov (might play after the khl season, Kristo, Trouba, Nickushkin, Merrill and a few other NCAA or European prospects not in the game... Im a hardcore NHL fan and love the authenticity of the rosters.. so be a gm or be a pro is not my type of game.. and i don't play online (find the paste of the game too slow and my rautor sucks too

I meant to say download user-created rosters! My bad.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax

And you know, we've been saying this for years. It would be awesome to jump onto a forum, find a guy who updates and uploads rosters that have received good feedback, and be able to download and apply the changes somehow without impacting the current seasonal play/accumulated points, stats/whatever. It's common enough practice around the internet these days that it just seems like it should be a capability. Think of the time it would save countless users, and how much happier the more serious users might be with the product.

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
I bought 12 months of Xbox Live + NHL 13 last year. It cost me $130. I played for about two months and then I completely stopped. All their freaking patches and tuner updates pissed me off. Oh and there are the ****ing 13-years-old annoying kids.

This is the first NHL game I won't buy since NHL 2004. I had them all since 2004. I even played NHL 99 & 2001 as a kid.

This game is not worth another $130, far from it.

PS: For those who think the NHL 94 mode is a new one and it's incredible...***** please, it was in NHL 2006.

Drunk World Order

Jun 22, 2003
Toronto
Simulated my first full season I only made one move which was a offer from the Islanders John Tavares for Galchenyuk, DD and a 2nd Round pic...We went all the way to the cup and one it in 6 games against the San Jose Sharks. Price won the Heart, Playoff MVP and Vezina! Subban won D Man trophy and Louis Leblanc was called up after the trade and had 22 points in 28 games! GO HABS GO!!!

Bud2790

Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
In the NCAA football games, you can download user created rosters and have been able to do so since at least the 09 version of the game. I believe this year's Madden also has that ability. It definately can't be that hard to implement!

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
I might get it just for the new Be a Pro mode, but I'm not rushing into it. GTA V is what I'll. be playing for the next few weeks.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
There's really nothing new about it.

I don't think the new text options is anything close to innovating or change the gameplay too much (or even at all)... But the mode is MUCH better off with this new feature. Be a Pro got stale fast... I assume the questions will too.. Im very curious to see if they repeat..

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
I'll get it somewhere before next year, I always have to wait til they do the rosters correctly, and anyway, GTA V will take too much of my time. And those automatic 'drop the mitts' when a big hit is made, damn annoying, I'm hitting everything that moves, I don't want to always get into fights, makes no sense...

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
I'll get it somewhere before next year, I always have to wait til they do the rosters correctly, and anyway, GTA V will take too much of my time. And those automatic 'drop the mitts' when a big hit is made, damn annoying, I'm hitting everything that moves, I don't want to always get into fights, makes no sense...

Ive only played 3 games since I got the early release/disc.. and I had maybe two or three fights in total.. it's toned down alot. Atleast for me.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I don't think the new text options is anything close to innovating or change the gameplay too much (or even at all)... But the mode is MUCH better off with this new feature. Be a Pro got stale fast... I assume the questions will too.. Im very curious to see if they repeat..

As someone who has already completed 1 season + winning the cup, the questions are just ****ing annoying. I've already answered each one about 5 times. Why the **** would I want to be interrupted everytime I want to play a new game to do something that has little to no consequence on the game experience? It's game design 101. EA vancouver failed this course, it seems.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I'll take my 70$ and buy something from a company that actually cares about its fans.

70$ every year for a game that evolves oh so slowly. A real cashcow. I'll get GTA V instead. 5 years and 260 million in the making. The mother of all sandbox games.

How much do you think EA puts into the development of NHL?? 10, 20, 30 mil per year?

Don't get me wrong, I used to be a huge fan of the NHL series. Been playing since the very first edition on Sega Genesis. But the A.I. has always been crappy, no intuition, not an ounce of creativity, and they've always compensated by using randomized per-game boosting of player and team attributes. Same weak strategy they use in all their competition games, from sports games to Monopoly Streets. Anything EA that sets-up a player against another will be like this. It's always the same way of favoring a player against another from the start of the game. If at least they'd square off the A.I. when playing online or offline multiplayer, but no.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I'll take my 70$ and buy something from a company that actually cares about its fans.

70$ every year for a game that evolves oh so slowly. A real cashcow. I'll get GTA V instead. 5 years and 260 million in the making. The mother of all sandbox games.

How much do you think EA puts into the development of NHL?? 10, 20, 30 mil per year?

Don't get me wrong, I used to be a huge fan of the NHL series. Been playing since the very first edition on Sega Genesis. But the A.I. has always been crappy, no intuition, not an ounce of creativity, and they've always compensated by using randomized per-game boosting of player and team attributes. Same weak strategy they use in all their competition games, from sports games to Monopoly Streets. Anything EA that sets-up a player against another will be like this. It's always the same way of favoring a player against another from the start of the game. If at least they'd square off the A.I. when playing online or offline multiplayer, but no.

I gave up on GTA after the last one, when they took all the fun out of the sandbox modes. No great cheats like GTA SA etc, just way too much unimportant tasks to complete to get anywhere etc.

I'm hearing it's sort of the same in GTA V, tedious player switching and not enough sandbox etc.. I hope I'm hearing wrong.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
I'm buying it today.

I know it's the same game, slightly tweaked graphics, a few new engines that don't really make or break a game and EA in ALL of it's glory but, God damn... I love playing online with the gang. I've made quite a few friends because of it, got to meet Hannibal in person as well and it's just fun. As much as I complain about EA, I'll still buy NHL every year just to have some fun with everyone and get a few good laughs.

Maybe this season I'll get a shut-out in EASHL, if my own teammates don't ruin my SO with less than 30 seconds in the game.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I'm buying it today.

I know it's the same game, slightly tweaked graphics, a few new engines that don't really make or break a game and EA in ALL of it's glory but, God damn... I love playing online with the gang. I've made quite a few friends because of it, got to meet Hannibal in person as well and it's just fun. As much as I complain about EA, I'll still buy NHL every year just to have some fun with everyone and get a few good laughs.

Maybe this season I'll get a shut-out in EASHL, if my own teammates don't ruin my SO with less than 30 seconds in the game.

Only reason I buy it. Offline really isn't worth it. I could just play EHM for a much more rewarding experience. Met a bunch of awesome HF'ers because of EASHL. Also trolling the PS3 team was excellent.

I just want another developer to come out of nowhere and actually challenge EA for the NHL titles. It'll never happen, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad