OT: Who's getting NHL 14 tomorrow? :)

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
I'll probably get it tomorrow. I've played the early release.
Honestly this is the least excited I've ever been for an NHL game.
Not happy about it.. but honestly.. I'd rather have a latest version of NHL.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
No ty, I'll never buy another one, virtually nothing is added, a roster update is all that is required. EA sucks.

We Want The 25

Go Habs Go
Sep 7, 2006
I'll probably get it tomorrow. I've played the early release.
Honestly this is the least excited I've ever been for an NHL game.
Not happy about it.. but honestly.. I'd rather have a latest version of NHL.

same here. usually I really look forward to this game but other than the hitting and new menu this game looks exactly the same as nhl 13 . only reason Im getting it is to play gm connected

Sthabs

Apr 7, 2006
Nope GTA V for me
was disappointed the last 2 years, I probably only played 13 10-15 times
12 I did play it more tho, probably because everytime after a Habs loss lol

Analyzer*

Happy birthday buddy

I'm also getting NHL14 shipped from Futureshop. Don't know when I'll get it but it should be this week.

Thanks man :yo:

I only buy the NHL games every 2 years. You can tell there's a difference then.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

Since I'm not buying it (for now), the only thing that I'll miss about this game is my EASHL rage :laugh: even though I was a defensive beast...

beaverBFP

Dec 24, 2008
Winnipeg
Hell yea i am! Have to wake up at 430 to go work at my school but dont have class for the rest of the day :handclap:

beaverNBFD on ps3

Never

Can you hear me now?
Sep 16, 2009
Calgary
I'm getting it tomorrow morning around 9am. I didn't go to Calgary's midnight launch. Dennis Wideman. Who the **** cares? Might've gone if it was Cammy. :P

KazeNoKoe23 on PS3 btw.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
IF the rumor I hear that there's only two offline tournaments in HUT and that you always play the same teams in them is true...

Well, I won't be able to do much because I pre-ordered it on PSN and EA already has my money. ****!

But still, I just beat the demo so I got my free packs from preordering and an upgraded free pack from beating the demo.

Shooting from between the blue line and around the top of the faceoff circles seems to go in a lot. And I don't bother deking in shootouts, I just shoot high from around the hashmarks.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Im gunna pick it up. I know that ea makes only minimal changes and repackages the same game year after year, but the new game is usually enough to get me excited enough to play it for a while.

still better than call of duty!

Strat

Nov 24, 2011
Toronto
Got my copy for the 360.

EA did add the NHL 94 mode which is basically a 2nd game in itself. I'm not a huge fan of EA myself but am objective enough to give credit where it's due.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Got my copy for the 360.

EA did add the NHL 94 mode which is basically a 2nd game in itself. I'm not a huge fan of EA myself but am objective enough to give credit where it's due.

Not quite sure if you know what the meaning of the word 'objective' is when you're giving credit for that ********. The 94 mode is a joke.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
NHL 94 mode is a joke. It remindes me of the PC days where people would mod the ice. It's cool when modders do it.. but when your the actual developer and then you market it as it's something special... when its really just the same ****ing gameplay... it's embarrassing.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Unless Be A GM is upgraded to AT LEAST Madden 2005 level, not sure I'm going to waste my time.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
The 94 mode is a joke.

How so? I'm curious, because I haven't bought a copy of NHL XX since the Genesis days (guilty of pirate downloading instead over the years), but I'm considering buying this one primarily to support the inclusion of the anniversary '94 mode. I love the evolution of control, graphics, and "feel" over the years, but games were never as fun for me as back in the "simple" '93 (blood, broken/bent limbs)/94 days. There's a reason why '94 is the only version of the game with a dedicated website for playing an online version of it.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
KazeNoKoe23 on PS3 btw.

Cool username. Lots of possible translations into English (literally "voice of the wind", but "whispering wind" and other variations are possible without using different characters), but much cooler in its Japanese form. Works awesome in haiku. :)

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Sooo in your starter pack you are given 3 players from your favourite team.

On my first account, I got White, Moen & Desharnais. Fair enough.

On my second account, I got White, Moen.... & Benoit Pouliot.

Huh?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad