Who's being traded?

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I know there are no longer waivers for being called up. But I haven't heard anything that would exclude all players from waivers if its before the season starts.

Section 13.2 of the CBA defines the "Playing Season Waiver Period" as starting 12 days before the start of the regular season and ending on the last day of a team's playing season. Waivers only apply during this period.

If we call the player up for a reason other than an emergency recall (having less than the minimum roster players due to IR or suspension), then they will have to go through waivers if we decide to send them back down, unless they are otherwise exempt.

So as an example, if we send MPS to the AHL on September 25th, he does not have to clear waivers and we save $925k. Let's say we are carrying an extra forward and extra D for 20 skaters (18 minimum). If we place 3 on IR, we can bring Paajarvi up, as we would be below the minimum. Then we have to send him back down as soon as one player comes off the IR. However, if we only have 2 or less on IR, he can be brought up. However, when he is sent back down, he has to clear waivers. So if we send him down prior to the waiver period, he will pretty much stay down unless someone gets hurt on IR or we make a trade to make room for him to be up permanently.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Thanks for pulling that up, that's what I thought it was from my vast nhl14 play lol. MPS won't be seeing much Ice time. I view this as a good option, he actually plays and we save money without having to trade him. Those on 2 way deals can be called up instead to avoid waivers

Deko

Jul 14, 2011
Helsinki
Getting rid of Cole would make absolutely no sense whatsoever because his cap hit/salary is peanuts. The saving would only be about 0.1-0.2M since the Blues would have to sign another 7th d-man.

I'm confident Army will get decent return for Berglund.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad