Who's a better player Kucherov or Drai? ignore position

Whos better

• Total voters

apollo18

Oct 20, 2018
Who do you think is the better hockey player? Kuch or Dra? ignore positions

i am going to be flamed for this but i do not think drai is a top 3 player in the chel, I would say hes top 10 for sure but hes definitely inflated due to mcdavid
Players easily ahead imo:
McD, MacK, Kuch, Marner, Rantanen, Matthews, Schiefele, Crosby, Kane, Maybe Marchand, etc

i wanted to see what yall think for the 3rd spot, is it kuch or dra

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
It’s tough. Somewhat similar peaks but I would probably lean Kuch purely due to how dominant he has been in the playoffs.

Faryn

Dec 11, 2009
Calgary AB
Not easy either way... two very different styles. I would give Dri the edge in size and position (he is also younger) and Kuch in skill. Overall the edge to Dri but that could change by next year. Also you cannot discount Dri without also also discounting Kuch with all that skill on Tampa. Kuchs style would be more aligned with a McDavid, McKinnon, Kane, Marner, Scheifele even Point - players that more rely on skill rather then their size and physical gifts. The way Dri uses his body to protect the puck is one of the best in the NHL, the guys is a beast in the corners.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Went with Draisaitl. I think Draisaitl would have a peak higher than 128 points if he played on Tampa.

Over the past 3 years, Draisaitl’s production rivals McDavids, and blows away the rest of the competition.

Reactions: spot

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Can't really measure Kucherov against anyone without talking about playoffs, and that makes close cases pretty hard to assess.

Kucherov is 27 (almost 28) and already TB's all time leading playoff scorer.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I don’t think Draisaitl's position matters too much anyway as he's not good defensively and I don't think he offers any more in transition in terms of driving play either. Both are elite mainly due to their ability within the offensive zone and both are great passers and finishers. I might give Kucherov the edge due to his playoff performances but it's pretty close.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Not even Kucherov can carry Edmonton when McDavid is so bad in the playoffs.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Draisaitl. More complete player, more important position (which shouldn’t be ignored), and just a better overall player.

It’s close though, the poll answers are kind of dumb. Both guys are top 5 forwards in the NHL.

Reactions: spot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad