Speculation: Whos #1?

Bure All Day

Mar 29, 2012
Vancouver
You couldnt be more wrong. No way Schneider should EVER be in net considering Luongo's play and Schneider's injury.

Its on AV. Anyone with eyes could see that.

this i agree with..

why start schneider in our most important game of the year when he hasn't played in weeks..

AV needs to be the first to go, followed by other key players and even gillis, who is incapable of making big trades

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Luongo should be the starter in these playoffs but Schneider is our guy moving forward. Don't think that should be up for debate because of one bad game. Luongo's had his bad games too. It was not a good position to put Schneider in, in the first place. He was injured, likely not 100% and this screamed of desperation the moment I heard it. Why replace the guy that was probably the best player through our first two games? What's the possible upside?

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Well Schneider's meltdown cost us the game tonight. Though, as I've always maintained, this team has much bigger problems than the goaltending.

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
luongo ship has sailed

go with schneider and hope he hasn't inherited the yearly playoff meltdownitis

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Luongo should be the starter in these playoffs but Schneider is our guy moving forward. Don't think that should be up for debate because of one bad game. Luongo's had his bad games too. It was not a good position to put Schneider in, in the first place. He was injured, likely not 100% and this screamed of desperation the moment I heard it. Why replace the guy that was probably the best player through our first two games? What's the possible upside?

This exactly.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Well Schneider's meltdown cost us the game tonight. Though, as I've always maintained, this team has much bigger problems than the goaltending.

it's almost funny how one bad goal.. and boom, breakaways, two on ones left right and center. team is so weak mentally.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Trade Schneider. He'll be easier to move, and IMO, we won't be winning anything for a while. I would rather develop Lack / Cannata and when we have another window to win, hopefully one of them will have developed well and be in their prime / close to it

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
Schneider, he has had a good year and he just got back from a injury he just needs a fresh start for next season and hopefully our team has different players.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
it's almost funny how one bad goal.. and boom, breakaways, two on ones left right and center. team is so weak mentally.

Exactly. Been saying this for years now. Yes, Schneider melted down, but his meltdown tonight was the result of the team in front of him melting down. Should the blame be fully on Schneider? Hell no. For one he shouldn't have been starting tonight to begin with, but the team in front of him needed to be much better than they were. It was a disgusting effort from everyone not named Corrado tonight. Where was the Kesler beast from game 2? Where was the Sedins AGAIN?? Poor coaching AGAIN.

Luongo should be our starting goalie for the remainder of his career, but the ship has unfortunately sailed. Oh well. That's the way it has always gone for this organization.

thebigbea

Jun 14, 2011
Rumor say Cory wasn't injured... He's was stressed and sadden due to Boston bombing.. Not sure if true but someone say he and his gf were best friend with that girl that passed away at the bombing, they had a tough time dealing with it...

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
I don't get why people are pointing to Schneider's injury or time off as the reason for his implosion? If it happened early in the game, then sure, I could see it. But he played 40 min of fairly solid hockey before he let in 2 weak goals in less than 10 seconds. That had nothing to do with his injury or his time off. He was fully into the game by that point.

That said, the goaltending is the least of this team's issues.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
He got back from a injury and hey our team can't score or support and well pretty much the series is lost.

At 2-1, this game was winnable. Let in 3 soft as butter goals, and you can't blame offense. If Schneider makes the routine saves, Hamhuis ties it 2-2 later in the period. Goaltending cost us the game tonight. The 2 weeks off excuse is bs, why was Luongo solid in the first two games and half of the 3rd period of this game after not playing for weeks there down the stretch?

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
At 2-1, this game was winnable. Let in 3 soft as butter goals, and you can't blame offense. If Schneider makes the routine saves, Hamhuis ties it 2-2 later in the period. Goaltending cost us the game tonight. The 2 weeks off excuse is bs, why was Luongo solid in the first two games and half of the 3rd period of this game after not playing for weeks there down the stretch?

Im not going to disagree with you tonight, but lou did play against oilers and ducks before the series.

Schneider had a bad game for sure though simple as that.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010

Pretty much this.

AV+Gillis have created quite the mess for themselves here though. Edging closer and closer to a 'no win' situation with the way this goaltending situation has been handled and developed this year.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
What the **** is wrong with you guys? A three game sample size and Luongo is the guy again? I though everyone saying Schneider will be run out of town in a couple years was over exaggerating but guess not, we don't deserve players of Schneider and Luongo's caliber we are the worst fans in pro sports.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
What the **** is wrong with you guys? A three game sample size and Luongo is the guy again? I though everyone saying Schneider will be run out of town in a couple years was over exaggerating but guess not, we don't deserve players of Schneider and Luongo's caliber we are the worst fans in pro sports.

:handclap:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Still no way you can keep Luongo after the fiasco with trading or not trading him. Still Schneider.

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
I think Luongo has played himself into the Starting Goalie spot for next year like Schneider did last year. Also it would be easier to move Schneider than Luongo.

Schneider, clearly.

2 okay games for Luongo doesn't change that. Luongo should be gone.

Should have been gone a year ago, but whatever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad