Speculation: Whos #1?

Bure All Day

Mar 29, 2012
Vancouver
only reason I would keep lu over schneider is that Lu is looking almost impossible to trade, mainly for his contract, meanwhile the ability between the two is pretty equal..

Seem to choke at the wrong times

canucksfan100

Apr 3, 2007
I agree, if we move Edler + Schneider, we can get a great offensive return that we need.

corker

Aug 11, 2007
I have always wanted to trade whoever we could get more in return for, and that is probably Schneider. My feeling on the goalies is they are both great. Schneider i think is more consistent, but I think Luongo has a higher level.

My heart also says Lu. Lu definitely should be the number 1 for the rest of this playoffs. I threw a hisser when I heard he wasn't starting tonight.

Fa Ci La

Mar 2, 2012
Well, Schneider always should have been the one traded. If you're not winning with Luongo in net, you're not winning with Schneider in net. Meanwhile because he's younger, hasn't got the contract etc, Schneider was always more likely to get the resources we needed, and more teams would have gone after him. But it's too late now. Our window is probably closed even if we do trade Schneider and get a winger etc. So. Yeah.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Uhhh.. this is seriously classic Canucks fan thread right here.

Schneider absolutely DOMINATES for us the entire year and is the reason we even make the playoffs while covering up major holes in the team and Luongo struggles.

Then Schneider gets hurt, doesnt play for 2 weeks, AV puts him in to the heat of a series in a must win game and he plays poorly.

Im sorry but what the hell do you expect? Schneider has been absolutely stellar the entire year minus 2 games (first game of the year and tonight after not playing for weeks) and all of the sudden its like he's Dan freaking Cloutier around here. Give the guy a damn break.

PS: we have the WORST fans in all of pro sports.

/end rant

canucksfan100

Apr 3, 2007

Schneider absolutely DOMINATES for us the entire year and is the reason we even make the playoffs while covering up major holes in the team and Luongo struggles.

Then Schneider gets hurt, doesnt play for 2 weeks, AV puts him in to the heat of a series in a must win game and he plays poorly.

Im sorry but what the hell do you expect? Schneider has been absolutely stellar the entire year minus 2 games (first game of the year and tonight after not playing for weeks) and all of the sudden its like he's Dan freaking Cloutier around here. Give the guy a damn break.

/end rant

lol why did Luongo lose his job in the playoffs followed by the regular season? Thats whats happening now imo, or what should.

corker

Aug 11, 2007
/end rant

I completely blame Vigneault for what happened tonight. No way you take a goalie coming back from injury, hasn't played in two weeks, and put him in goal over a guy who has been playing as fantastic as Lu has the last two games. I don't fault Schneider, he never should have been in the net.

My feelings on the goalie situation have been the same since last year. I think they are both top notch goalies. Trade who can bring more value back to your team.

Bure All Day

Mar 29, 2012
Vancouver

/end rant

a break? were down 2-1, down 2-0 in the series, 3rd period...

NEED to be better than that... simple as that

if he stops couture on that simple shot, this game would be completely different

Love

Feb 29, 2012
lol why did Luongo lose his job in the playoffs followed by the regular season? Thats whats happening now imo, or what should.

I dont know what you're trying to say because your comment is difficult to understand, but I'll assume what you're asking is, "Why the **** did Schneider start tonight?"

Answer: Because AV is a dumb ass.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
a break? were down 2-1, down 2-0 in the series, 3rd period...

NEED to be better than that... simple as that

if he stops couture on that simple shot, this game would be completely different

This is not on Schneider, this is on AV. Why was Schneider even playing?? He hadnt played in 2 weeks and Lu has been awesome this series!!

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
This is not on Schneider, this is on AV. Why was Schneider even playing?? He hadnt played in 2 weeks and Lu has been awesome this series!!

This is on Schneider, and anyone with eyes could see that.

We took a bazillion penalties, and it was still a close game until Schneider's collapse.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
This is on Schneider, and anyone with eyes could see that.

We took a bazillion penalties, and it was still a close game until Schneider's collapse.

You couldnt be more wrong. No way Schneider should EVER be in net considering Luongo's play and Schneider's injury.

Its on AV. Anyone with eyes could see that.

dc

May 11, 2010
Monterrey, Mexico
qm.gif

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
You couldnt be more wrong. No way Schneider should EVER be in net considering Luongo's play and Schneider's injury.

Its on AV. Anyone with eyes could see that.

You think the reason he played badly was because he was injured?

Really?

AV can't predict that Schneider would look great for 2 periods and then suddenly let in 3 softies. No one could.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad