Who'll be the first D-Man to go?

MarkMM

Jan 30, 2010
Delta, BC
I went with Edler since the oversupply of lefties, his (probably) high value in return but disappointing (to me) performance since his contract. I know he has a NTC but there seems to be some question if it's limited, and even NTC players are still traded. Otherwise, I could see it being Tanev, good player that is young and could get good value, with Diaz and the arrival of Corrado the right side is better able to afford a loss (though still worse than the left), and Tanev's greatest value was his low cap hit. Given last season's contract negotiations, I don't think he'll be cheap going forward.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
First d-man to go where?? A bit of clarification would be nice.

Mystery_spot.PNG

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Edler makes the most sense.

Lots of left-handed d-men, Edler should still have the most value of all the left handers based on age.

He's the one d-man, this season, that when he was out the Nucks were actually noticeably better. Not to say he's bad, he just isn't fitting with any other d-men on this team.

Stupid because they should have moved him last year at the draft...

McHortton

Accidental Tank 2016
Jun 28, 2013
Vancouver
Obviously the smartest choice is Edler , but knowing Gillis he'll probably not get the offers he wants for Alex and then end up trading Tanev instead who we much rather keep. Kind of like the whole Lu/Schneider fiasco.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
i'm gonna vote for a 4th quarter post olympic turn around winning 14-15 of the final 20 games.. And aquare Thomas Vanek at the Trade Deadline, but really whatever happens im OK with

yoss

May 25, 2011
Wow I figured Edler would be winning the poll but that's an overwhelming majority I didn't quite expect

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
This thread isnt really a surprise. Edler is by far the most scapegoated canuck. people expect top 10 picks for him but says hes a pylon #5 dman.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
This thread isnt really a surprise. Edler is by far the most scapegoated canuck. people expect top 10 picks for him but says hes a pylon #5 dman.

Pretty much. Trying to move a struggling player while expecting a huge return is the norm around here.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Correlation does not = causation. Remember the time where the penguins placed top in the east without crosby and malkin? ya.

I'm not saying the Canucks are bad because they have Edler...

I'm just saying they went a huge stretch showing Edler was not a fundamental need to the team...

For reference they went 9-2-1 without Edler.

The 13 games prior to his injury they were 4-5-4

The 13 games back after were 4-7-2

We've had pretty much every other d-man injured during the times with all the losses.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
bieksa and hamhuis have simultaneously expiring contracts, and while bieksas older i think they might keep him around for a couple more years

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
I think it's going to be Tanev. He's being showcased pretty hard on the top pairing, his CF% falls off when he's not paired with Hamhuis, and no NTC for him means the bidding war for him could get *high*.

Plus, negotiations for his contract last summer seemed to be a bit tense and his salary will probably jump into the $4M range this summer, so he's not as cheap as everyone seems to think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad