GDT: Whoevers @ Whatevers, 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Great goal by McMichael. That might be the highlight of his career (past present and future lol). I don't think we've ever seen him do anything like that before??
Maybe those who watched him in AHL saw individual efforts like that?
Not so much with the dangles, but he did manage a fair amount of breakaways, just struggled to convert on a lot of them.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Not so much with the dangles, but he did manage a fair amount of breakaways, just struggled to convert on a lot of them.
Yeah I didn't want to be a dick but that's why I said might be his NHL highlight reel goal - never seen him do anything like that before and it reminded me of that one moment I did something amazing in a hockey game lol.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Yeah I didn't want to be a dick but that's why I said might be his NHL highlight reel goal - never seen him do anything like that before and it reminded me of that one moment I did something amazing in a hockey game lol.

I recall McMichael doing something like this once before. He does have some dekes in his arsenal.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
I recall McMichael doing something like this once before. He does have some dekes in his arsenal.
I think its the slight beard he came in with this season. he looked like a young man, almost an actual NHLer

before he looked like a boy, played like a boy among men .. .. last night he shaved and had a 5 oclock thing going and not the beard he had to start the season but

its the f***ing beard man.

If this were a movie .. him coming into his 3rd season but with a beard would be a symbolic move by the director to say "and then the boy became a man"

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I said it earlier — I still think Ovi can hit 30 goals this season. It’s not going to be easy, but one never bets against Ovi.

Isn’t his amount of 30g seasons like one behind Gartner or something? Or maybe he’s tied? I need to look it up

Agreed. 14 more goals in 28 more games is more than reasonable for Ovechkin.

Reactions: SherVaughn30

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
So overrated. Way more offensive talent than us on paper, and yet they're on track to miss the playoffs. Their fans know it too, you can read their thread. They're absolutely furious and we would be too in their position.

This is one of the most important division games of the season and they laid a massive egg.

Kuznetsov was arguably the worst regular player in the NHL this season, I think he needed help much sooner than he got it.
Devils need a #1 goalie to make up for letting Severson go and losing Hamilton for the season. They have plenty of offense. Also think Lindy Ruff could be upgraded for someone better.

Vilica

Jun 1, 2014
I said it earlier — I still think Ovi can hit 30 goals this season. It’s not going to be easy, but one never bets against Ovi.

Isn’t his amount of 30g seasons like one behind Gartner or something? Or maybe he’s tied? I need to look it up
The Caps have 28 games left - if Ovechkin averages as many shots per game in those that he has averaged this year (178 shots in 51 games, 28 games 98 shots), and shoots 14% (what he's basically averaged since scoring started going up in 17-18), he will score 13.68 goals the rest of the year.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
The Caps have 28 games left - if Ovechkin averages as many shots per game in those that he has averaged this year (178 shots in 51 games, 28 games 98 shots), and shoots 14% (what he's basically averaged since scoring started going up in 17-18), he will score 13.68 goals the rest of the year.
It would be very very cool to see him hit 30 again.

He’d break the record for most 30 goal seasons (currently tied w our old friend Mike Gartner), with 18 such seasons.

If he hits 20 goals, he’d tie PuffNuts for 2nd most all time of those seasons, with 19 (Gordie Howe had 22 of those!)

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

The 13 is achievable but I can't see Ovi doing the .68 goals no matter what his shooting percentage is :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad