GDT: Whoevers @ Whatevers, 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010
The New Jersey Devils are not a serious hockey team.

Serenade to the Devils during a game at the Cap Centre in the early 80s, after the Great One referred to the franchise as a Mickey Mouse organization. [see Gretz Mickey Mouse] Former Caps coach McVie was the Devils coach then, and former Caps GM Max McNab was their GM.

to the tune of the Mickey Mouse Club theme song

Who's the leader of the club that plays so awfully?
T-o-m-m-i-e M-c-V-i-e
Tom McVie (Max McNab)
Tom McVie (Max McNab)
...[and I forget what came next]

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
1708483631770.gif

A tough call tonight between McMichael and Ovechkin, but I'm giving tonight's game puck to Connor McMichael as he also led the team with a stout 67% xG share on top of his 2 goals. Ovechkin gets the first honorable mention of course, but Charlie Lindgren, Dylan Strome, and Rasmus Sandin were also on my honorable mentions.

Last edited:

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
View attachment 823049

A tough call tonight between McMichael and Ovechkin, but I'm giving tonight's game puck to Connor McMichael as he also led the team with a stout 67% xG share on top of his 2 goals. Ovechkin gets the first honorable mention of course, but Charlie Lindgren, Dylan Strome, and Rasmus Sandin were also on my honorable mentions.
Figured Matty Phillips would get an honorable for playing 13 minutes tonight with 2 shots!

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Back from game. Good times. We might have just killed the Devils tonight. Kinda sucks becausse it is one less team to buy. We are still sellers but like to see players play.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Travelling for work again so only just watched the highlights.

What a game! Didn't expect that. Caps looked really good. Hope Dowd isn't out too long.

Great goal by McMichael. That might be the highlight of his career (past present and future lol). I don't think we've ever seen him do anything like that before??
Maybe those who watched him in AHL saw individual efforts like that?

Awesome to see Ovie playing so much better.

Reactions: Neil Racki

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Devils are so bad. Hope they give Lindy Ruff another extension soon.

Can't believe we scored 6 goals in a game. Without any empty-netters.
Not just that, the game was 2-1 going into the 3rd. Very close game. And we completely dominated them in the 3rd.

Reactions: Neil Racki
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad