Who you think gonna play the 3rd 1st line spot in game #2, vs Sharks; Nylander, Caggiula or?

Who will play in the 1st line with Toews&Kane vs Sharks?

• Total voters

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Kane should notch pt #1000 this season & hopefully before the AllStar farce 'er I mean, game.

The captain, I think. would like to get there eventually too himself and having 88 on his line VERY helpful that milestone. Kaner too, prolly up for a C can finish his beauty setups.
Win-win for both future HOFers.

Furthermore, I think Jonny thinks - and rightfully so - he's gotten his share of scar tissue already, "did his time" puck retrieving & blue paint mud wrestling - let somebody else now i.e. the other winger on the line, do the dirty work.

But ...
- Nylander won't touch that job w/ a 10ft stick.
- Perlini w/ an even longer one.
- Saad used to but ... daddy got paid, "Thanks no thanks. boss. I'll slay bums for a living." (One more contract anyway Who cares what club GM signs the check.)
- Caggs will but the physical wear & tear will get him sooner rather than later.

So who slots in LW1?
No clue, any suggestions please feel free ...
Maybe Kubalik ...
And oh my it must be pretty tough getting some scar tissue along with the 10 mil every year .. I mean I get your point about Toews maybe wanting to change it up and prolong his career and all but he is built for it .. at least a lot more than Kaner is.

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Kane should notch pt #1000 this season & hopefully before the AllStar farce 'er I mean, game.

The captain, I think. would like to get there eventually too himself and having 88 on his line VERY helpful that milestone. Kaner too, prolly up for a C can finish his beauty setups.

Furthermore, I think Jonny thinks - and rightfully so - he's gotten his share of scar tissue already, "did his time" puck retrieving & blue paint mud wrestling - let somebody else now i.e. the other winger on the line, do the dirty work.

But ...
- Saad used to but ... daddy got paid, "Thanks no thanks. boss. I'll slay bums for a living." (One more contract anyway Who cares what club GM signs the check.)
- Caggs will but the physical wear & tear will get him sooner rather than later.

So who slots in LW1?

Are you saying that the country club was not disbanded when Q was let go? Sadly, it seems you're probably right.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

But ...

So who slots in LW1?
They need a Tom Wilson. An absolute bastard who has a body that can withstand the punishment and skilled enough to not drag down elite linemates.

Shaw is probably the closest thing on this roster, but isn’t nearly as big as Wilson and is more prone to injury as a result.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
They need a Tom Wilson. An absolute bastard who has a body that can withstand the punishment and skilled enough to not drag down elite linemates.

Shaw is probably the closest thing on this roster, but isn’t nearly as big as Wilson and is more prone to injury as a result.
Lucic is available.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
John Dietz wrote that it will not be ling before we see Caggiula Shaw Kane...so wouldctgat be his that us the new line #1?

So that means line 2 (because we cannot denote real-statate magnate Toews to the bottom six ...except he should be benched for his lousy intensity he showed in Prague) has hit to be :

Nylander Toews Perlini

Line #3 is then:Saad Dach Kubalik

Line 4:D-Cat Strome Kampf /Smith/Carpenter*

* these last 3 plating RW on line 4 would battle each other to show who wants it more and who can save D-Cat Nd Stromevin theirvown end..Surely 1 of the 3 willemergege as conpentent in that role.

The beauty of my new lines formation s and designations is that no line 4 on any other team could match D-Cat and Stromevin talent ...so they should outscore tgeirbopps line.

The advantage of Caggiula Shaw and Kane is that hoops team will take the line seriously... Kane can do it all himself,he can play on any line and be productive.. Caggiula will energize any line he plays with and dare the others on the ki ecto match his intensity and speed. He himself may not score but he createsxchances forctgem on his forecheck game.

The advantage if demoting Toews to 2C is to get him to wake up and play harder..cause what he showed in relaxed midevin Prague was franklybunacceotable from a supposed leader.

Challenge Hinton prove he still deserves the C and that hewill notvabandon ship so easily again.

Also Perlini needs to prove he can be a top six guy...because if he is only a nothing burger then useless to keep...we already hav 3 RW
vying forza 4th line spit I the unusual designation of D-Cat Strome.. So he has to beca lector fill the spitwith Nylander Toews...since none of Kampf Carpenter orcSmith could possiblyvpkay with Toews sincectgey lack any offensive potential at all.

Besides this co figuration of the lines allows the 3rd libretto get Dach with hiscalkegrdctalentvto actually create for Saad and Kubalik.

This set of lines will confuse tgebooos..they will not be able to cope with such a strange new look Hawks.

The lines and line designations would be so different you basically could not recognize the Hawks ..

Well...JC already went to his line blender..so why not go all out and do the unusual?

Of course it would be better if D-Cat Nd Strome had a more talented RW than any of Kampf Carpenter or Smith...but they need a checker to help them in the d-zone ...a 3way battle for thisblast 12th spotseems like a good idea to get these 3 to compete hard to stay I tfe lineup. Tgeir some job is to rescue D-Cat Nd Strome when they get hemmed in the Hawks d-zo e..They don't need to score...cause D-Cat and Strome do not need a RW to provide offense...like Kane...the duo can score as a duo ...the 3rd guy has to play like Bob Gainey...be goidcdefebsively. A simple role..but can any ofvthec3 do it well?

NYWAY...when Dietz threw outvthevudea of Caggiula Shaw Kane ,it made be think about what tgecitger lines should be and how to designatectge lines ..

The opps will of course try to stick their che king line on Kane ..but if we get an intensity game form Caggiula and Shaw feedongnof eachbother's compete level then Kane is free to create and score by himself of need be ..
We would get on a mission Kane as his intensity also gets ramped up.

There would be an enthusiasm...a "pep in the step"given by such a line instead of the half-hearted lousy effort we saw from Toews secure in his 1C title but playing like s**t in Prague.

Denoting Toewsxto line 2C Woukd sends signal that he cannot rely on Kane for cheap points as an on shift linemate but rather for $2 0 5 is required to do something himself...

Also a challenge for him..make NylanderxNd Perlini produce and provide N example how to play the game hard(which he certainly did not do in Prague but by a new chalkengectfat things ain't gonna be do easy with no Kane o his line...so he had better ,play upto hs high pay level and drag whoever plays on his kibe with him...message would be that he cznnot be a passe ger but must lead again..

Now the oops may the n think if we stop the Jane line and tgexTiews libe ,we win..

But Now instead with Dach giving sobecavtual offe sive talentvatc3C that line can take-off and so if D-Cat Nd Stro exare line 4 then that presents all kinds of problems for lesser players of lone 4 of the oposctovtry to stop..or if they go to checkers for tge Kane and Toews kibes it leaves less enthusuasticcheckers for the Dach and Strome lines ..and so it will all confuse tgevoois trgubg to stop this very unusual set of line combos.

If this works we can all than John Dietz who set my mind in motion as to what JC might do with the itger lines if only hexstartedxwith the idea Dietz suggested(notcsurevifvseriousvir in jest) that Caggiula Shaw,Nd Kanexahoukd ge a libe.

If they are a kibe..merely desiginatevin public that this is the Hawks line #1 Nd then everything else falls I order.

Instead of having a zero offensive line 4 with
Smith Carpenter and Kampf which would be fine as a "normal" checking line where you want to munch minutes and do not expect them to score but merely to be sort of Even in 5x5 play and since they can't score you would expect the Even from only good defense and goal prevention from them,you would have a completely different proposition in 2/3 of line 4 ahereD-Cat Nd Strome.

This would not be explained as a demotion for D-Cat Nd Strone butvratgerxz brilliant way to have 4 potential total scoring threat lines now ..

So a simple moving of the pieces and proper role for actions could give a new look Hawks re-formed hope and purpose..

It actually makes sense Nd has tve benefit of more Team structure than the usual load up 2 lines of "stars" and 2 bottom lines you expect to mainly check and chip in a bit .

Tge 3 take-aaays from thus new Master Pkan are:

1.Seprate Toews and Kane to get best checkers off them.

2 Play 4 lines all with offensive threat talent.

3. TEAM concept...not pamper tge "stars"of tgectop 2 lines idea supported by the "bottom six"...which is the usual standard garbage idea we have seen since the Q days and sobwhowcgotcwritten into the coaches manual ..

For this new concept to work Dach has to make libec3 click and produce where Kamof cannot do that..

And also Toews has to drop the lapses of complacency we saw in Prague and stop talingbhis 1C "star"staus fro granted..Demote hinto 2C and DJ it publically saying even the HreatxToews has to get back to WoRK.. A bit f shamexNd a Challenge shoukd go a long way.

Hawks can't be the same predictable stop Kame and Toews and also their 2nd line and it is easy to beat the Hawks lineup.

Rather present a 4 line match-up problem for the opps.. Present less pamperingof the 'core"and the mere "it doesn't matter about the bottom six" support forwards

Get all the forwards on all 4 lines to feel equally important to team success.

None of this addresses the D-group issues..but you gotta fix 1 problem wexsawxib Prague first.Fix the forwards in proper lines and roles and strategies to beat the opps. First..

With thatxresolved..then trycto fix the D .

DeHaan and Murphy will of course help the D group ..but tgerexare 2 elephants in the room...Seabs is so slow that playing him catcall invites defensive problems ....Keith alsovadvanced now in age...getting his attitude to compete hard .. to check harder ...to get his effort upto A level,so goibgvto be tough for 82 games...Keith has toveantvit badly ...If he does not ,then wee will see onlyvspiradic or maybe only half-season of good play from him..Consistency of attitude ..thatcis the issue I have with him now I think he still can de defe sivekyveffectivexwhen he puts in the effort..but we just do not see it consistently anymore...like in his glory days.

In Seabrook's case we know he is incapable of playing better.. it is not a matter of more try...he just cannot move fastxenough to be effective anymore..But his co tract means they must play hom notvsit hom. SO we have this huge albatross when he comes on shift.

With Keith ..he is not what he used to be.. BUT when he tries hard he is still effective...when he goes into punch tge clock mode,when his intensity is not there,he reverts to another liability.

Because wexalready are behind the
ball with Seabropk and whoever he drags to his level that pairs with him,when in addition Keith goes into no hustle mode,that is a double whammy be because now 2 d-pairs are weighing the team down.

Only Keith can fox Keith..he has to want it more..he has to ramp up his intensity mission...cannot just show up in uniform,play out the collect...collect his check ....and tell the press Hawks and himself have to play better...nope...he himself has to compete hard with intensity of fire er checking ..only he can convince himself to do that.

As to goaltending...CC was very uneven I Prague ..some say 2 ...some say 3 goals wre soft let ins he could shoulder had if in top form.But he also did save 3-4more that ordinarily might have beaten other goalies.

Overall though,we need top form not uneven play from him.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
John Dietz wrote that it will not be ling before we see Caggiula Shaw Kane...so wouldctgat be his that us the new line #1?

So that means line 2 (because we cannot denote real-statate magnate Toews to the bottom six ...except he should be benched for his lousy intensity he showed in Prague) has hit to be :

Nylander Toews Perlini

Line #3 is then:Saad Dach Kubalik

Line 4:D-Cat Strome Kampf /Smith/Carpenter*

* these last 3 plating RW on line 4 would battle each other to show who wants it more and who can save D-Cat Nd Stromevin theirvown end..Surely 1 of the 3 willemergege as conpentent in that role.

The beauty of my new lines formation s and designations is that no line 4 on any other team could match D-Cat and Stromevin talent ...so they should outscore tgeirbopps line.

The advantage of Caggiula Shaw and Kane is that hoops team will take the line seriously... Kane can do it all himself,he can play on any line and be productive.. Caggiula will energize any line he plays with and dare the others on the ki ecto match his intensity and speed. He himself may not score but he createsxchances forctgem on his forecheck game.

The advantage if demoting Toews to 2C is to get him to wake up and play harder..cause what he showed in relaxed midevin Prague was franklybunacceotable from a supposed leader.

Challenge Hinton prove he still deserves the C and that hewill notvabandon ship so easily again.

Also Perlini needs to prove he can be a top six guy...because if he is only a nothing burger then useless to keep...we already hav 3 RW
vying forza 4th line spit I the unusual designation of D-Cat Strome.. So he has to beca lector fill the spitwith Nylander Toews...since none of Kampf Carpenter orcSmith could possiblyvpkay with Toews sincectgey lack any offensive potential at all.

Besides this co figuration of the lines allows the 3rd libretto get Dach with hiscalkegrdctalentvto actually create for Saad and Kubalik.

This set of lines will confuse tgebooos..they will not be able to cope with such a strange new look Hawks.

The lines and line designations would be so different you basically could not recognize the Hawks ..

Well...JC already went to his line blender..so why not go all out and do the unusual?

Of course it would be better if D-Cat Nd Strome had a more talented RW than any of Kampf Carpenter or Smith...but they need a checker to help them in the d-zone ...a 3way battle for thisblast 12th spotseems like a good idea to get these 3 to compete hard to stay I tfe lineup. Tgeir some job is to rescue D-Cat Nd Strome when they get hemmed in the Hawks d-zo e..They don't need to score...cause D-Cat and Strome do not need a RW to provide offense...like Kane...the duo can score as a duo ...the 3rd guy has to play like Bob Gainey...be goidcdefebsively. A simple role..but can any ofvthec3 do it well?

NYWAY...when Dietz threw outvthevudea of Caggiula Shaw Kane ,it made be think about what tgecitger lines should be and how to designatectge lines ..

The opps will of course try to stick their che king line on Kane ..but if we get an intensity game form Caggiula and Shaw feedongnof eachbother's compete level then Kane is free to create and score by himself of need be ..
We would get on a mission Kane as his intensity also gets ramped up.

There would be an enthusiasm...a "pep in the step"given by such a line instead of the half-hearted lousy effort we saw from Toews secure in his 1C title but playing like s**t in Prague.

Denoting Toewsxto line 2C Woukd sends signal that he cannot rely on Kane for cheap points as an on shift linemate but rather for $2 0 5 is required to do something himself...

Also a challenge for him..make NylanderxNd Perlini produce and provide N example how to play the game hard(which he certainly did not do in Prague but by a new chalkengectfat things ain't gonna be do easy with no Kane o his line...so he had better ,play upto hs high pay level and drag whoever plays on his kibe with him...message would be that he cznnot be a passe ger but must lead again..

Now the oops may the n think if we stop the Jane line and tgexTiews libe ,we win..

But Now instead with Dach giving sobecavtual offe sive talentvatc3C that line can take-off and so if D-Cat Nd Stro exare line 4 then that presents all kinds of problems for lesser players of lone 4 of the oposctovtry to stop..or if they go to checkers for tge Kane and Toews kibes it leaves less enthusuasticcheckers for the Dach and Strome lines ..and so it will all confuse tgevoois trgubg to stop this very unusual set of line combos.

If this works we can all than John Dietz who set my mind in motion as to what JC might do with the itger lines if only hexstartedxwith the idea Dietz suggested(notcsurevifvseriousvir in jest) that Caggiula Shaw,Nd Kanexahoukd ge a libe.

If they are a kibe..merely desiginatevin public that this is the Hawks line #1 Nd then everything else falls I order.

Instead of having a zero offensive line 4 with
Smith Carpenter and Kampf which would be fine as a "normal" checking line where you want to munch minutes and do not expect them to score but merely to be sort of Even in 5x5 play and since they can't score you would expect the Even from only good defense and goal prevention from them,you would have a completely different proposition in 2/3 of line 4 ahereD-Cat Nd Strome.

This would not be explained as a demotion for D-Cat Nd Strone butvratgerxz brilliant way to have 4 potential total scoring threat lines now ..

So a simple moving of the pieces and proper role for actions could give a new look Hawks re-formed hope and purpose..

It actually makes sense Nd has tve benefit of more Team structure than the usual load up 2 lines of "stars" and 2 bottom lines you expect to mainly check and chip in a bit .

Tge 3 take-aaays from thus new Master Pkan are:

1.Seprate Toews and Kane to get best checkers off them.

2 Play 4 lines all with offensive threat talent.

3. TEAM concept...not pamper tge "stars"of tgectop 2 lines idea supported by the "bottom six"...which is the usual standard garbage idea we have seen since the Q days and sobwhowcgotcwritten into the coaches manual ..

For this new concept to work Dach has to make libec3 click and produce where Kamof cannot do that..

And also Toews has to drop the lapses of complacency we saw in Prague and stop talingbhis 1C "star"staus fro granted..Demote hinto 2C and DJ it publically saying even the HreatxToews has to get back to WoRK.. A bit f shamexNd a Challenge shoukd go a long way.

Hawks can't be the same predictable stop Kame and Toews and also their 2nd line and it is easy to beat the Hawks lineup.

Rather present a 4 line match-up problem for the opps.. Present less pamperingof the 'core"and the mere "it doesn't matter about the bottom six" support forwards

Get all the forwards on all 4 lines to feel equally important to team success.

None of this addresses the D-group issues..but you gotta fix 1 problem wexsawxib Prague first.Fix the forwards in proper lines and roles and strategies to beat the opps. First..

With thatxresolved..then trycto fix the D .

DeHaan and Murphy will of course help the D group ..but tgerexare 2 elephants in the room...Seabs is so slow that playing him catcall invites defensive problems ....Keith alsovadvanced now in age...getting his attitude to compete hard .. to check harder ...to get his effort upto A level,so goibgvto be tough for 82 games...Keith has toveantvit badly ...If he does not ,then wee will see onlyvspiradic or maybe only half-season of good play from him..Consistency of attitude ..thatcis the issue I have with him now I think he still can de defe sivekyveffectivexwhen he puts in the effort..but we just do not see it consistently anymore...like in his glory days.

In Seabrook's case we know he is incapable of playing better.. it is not a matter of more try...he just cannot move fastxenough to be effective anymore..But his co tract means they must play hom notvsit hom. SO we have this huge albatross when he comes on shift.

With Keith ..he is not what he used to be.. BUT when he tries hard he is still effective...when he goes into punch tge clock mode,when his intensity is not there,he reverts to another liability.

Because wexalready are behind the
ball with Seabropk and whoever he drags to his level that pairs with him,when in addition Keith goes into no hustle mode,that is a double whammy be because now 2 d-pairs are weighing the team down.

Only Keith can fox Keith..he has to want it more..he has to ramp up his intensity mission...cannot just show up in uniform,play out the collect...collect his check ....and tell the press Hawks and himself have to play better...nope...he himself has to compete hard with intensity of fire er checking ..only he can convince himself to do that.

As to goaltending...CC was very uneven I Prague ..some say 2 ...some say 3 goals wre soft let ins he could shoulder had if in top form.But he also did save 3-4more that ordinarily might have beaten other goalies.

Overall though,we need top form not uneven play from him.
What is this?

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Id prefer Caggiula cause he’s a better puck retriever. At this stage of his career, Toews is oddly a better finisher than anything and obviously Kane is an amazing play-maker. Take some of the load of getting the puck back off them.

Nylander can play finisher further down the lineup. Winning loose pucks and winning puck battles isn't his forte.

That said, I think Nylander will get as many chances to fail as humanly possible.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I'm beginning to think that Nylander and Perlini have the same issue. They both need to play in the top 6 to be most effective but neither fits with 19/88 and 12/17.
Starting to think that if Dach sticks, the lines should be the following:
92-19-20
8-77-88
12-17-65
91-64-11

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
nylander give him a sufficient tryout time there. eventually i think someone else takes that spot just because of the style of play he has right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad