Who you think gonna play the 3rd 1st line spot in game #2, vs Sharks; Nylander, Caggiula or?

Who will play in the 1st line with Toews&Kane vs Sharks?

• Total voters

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I'd say Carpenter.

I'm not sure why some in the media are so down on Kampf though. I get one was Chief and he's a *****e, but Zawaski was "bashing" him in his latest podcast too, saying he would take him out if Dach is going in.

I wouldn't even consider taking him out (Kampf). I would slot him down to the 4th line though.

Reactions: Pez68 and bwana63

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I wouldn't even consider taking him out (Kampf). I would slot him down to the 4th line though.

Zawaski seemed to be in a mood during his last pod. Like he felt certain guys deserve the blame for blocking spots, and they are the reason he’s not seeing Boqvist and Dach in a Hawks sweater.

I get the sense Zawaski is willing to throw just about any non-core player under the bus if it means playing either of those two kids.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Zawaski seemed to be in a mood during his last pod. Like he felt certain guys deserve the blame for blocking spots, and they are the reason he’s not seeing Boqvist and Dach in a Hawks sweater.

I get the sense Zawaski is willing to throw just about any non-core player under the bus if it means playing either of those two kids.

Jay is one of the better Hawks podcasters out there but he still has some bad takes. James pushes him that way more often than not.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
I'd say Carpenter.

I'm not sure why some in the media are so down on Kampf though. I get one was Chief and he's a *****e, but Zawaski was "bashing" him in his latest podcast too, saying he would take him out if Dach is going in.

Yeah it's strange. I can only guess it's coz what Kampf does well can go pretty unnoticed sometimes. But listening to any JC interview about him, he really likes him and his explanations why make a ton of sense.

He's a pretty good forth liner and definitely not the same spectrum as Carpenter and especially Smith.

Reactions: Hawkaholic

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Yeah, I'm not high on Kampf myself, but he would easily be our 4th best C if Dach is in the line up at C.

For the record, Zawaski was by himself on this podcast.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Agree. Don’t rush him, let him get up to speed after his concussion. Sure send to me that they are taking the right steps with dach and it is also likely that this is a good indication that the hawks feel he my need to buy an apartment/house and stay in Chicago and not head back to sask

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
We have literally played 1 game this season. Why do we need Dach? Lol.

Naster Okan

Jan 8, 2019
I’m waiting for the Wedin call up. I want to see Saarela get a chance too if he starts buzzing.

Edit: I think that third line combo Wedin centered in preseason was pretty energetic and created a lot of chances. They seemed to always get the puck.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I’m waiting for the Wedin call up. I want to see Saarela get a chance too if he starts buzzing.

Edit: I think that third line combo Wedin centered in preseason was pretty energetic and created a lot of chances. They seemed to always get the puck.

What would a more skilled fourth line with Wedin and Saarela do for this team?

Do we need a fourth line that has Smith and Carpenter types in order to win, or can you put skilled guys with Caggiula on the fourth line?

Looking at the way Colliton used the fourth line in Prague, that wasn't a dungeon defensive zone shut down line. The Kampf-Saad line was that.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Agree. Don’t rush him, let him get up to speed after his concussion. Sure send to me that they are taking the right steps with dach and it is also likely that this is a good indication that the hawks feel he my need to buy an apartment/house and stay in Chicago and not head back to sask

Hopefully he’s just staying with one of the core guys like Toews or Seabrook.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
What would a more skilled fourth line with Wedin and Saarela do for this team?

Do we need a fourth line that has Smith and Carpenter types in order to win, or can you put skilled guys with Caggiula on the fourth line?

Looking at the way Colliton used the fourth line in Prague, that wasn't a dungeon defensive zone shut down line. The Kampf-Saad line was that.

Replying to my own post like a nutsack but I was thinking more about this.

If the fourth line isn't going to be used as a shutdown line, what's the point of having a line full of low or no skill dudes?

We have a lot of young forwards with promise, why not use the fourth line as more of a development line for them? They get 8-10 sheltered minutes a game and are more likely to chip in goals during that time.

Nylander/Caggiula-Toews-Kane (prime scoring line, also faces top competition)
DeBrincat-Strome-Shaw (sheltered scoring line that puts up first line production)
Saad-Kampf-Kubalik (dungeon start matchup line that takes on scoring lines, can also score themselves)
Developmental fourth line

Potential guys for a skilled developmental fourth line: Nylander (if Colliton decides to drop him down the lineup), Saarela, Dach, Perlini, Kurashev, Sikura

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

If the fourth line isn't going to be used as a shutdown line, what's the point of having a line full of low or no skill dudes?

We have a lot of young forwards with promise, why not use the fourth line as more of a development line for them? They get 8-10 sheltered minutes a game and are more likely to chip in goals during that time.

DeBrincat-Strome-Shaw (sheltered scoring line that puts up first line production)
Saad-Kampf-Kubalik (dungeon start matchup line that takes on scoring lines, can also score themselves)

Potential guys for a skilled developmental fourth line: Nylander (if Colliton decides to drop him down the lineup), Saarela, Dach, Perlini, Kurashev, Sikura

Such a nutsack...lol.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017

Why would you want to develop young kids by only playing them 8-10 minutes a night in limited rolls in the NHL? That doesn't sound like a development line to me.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Why would you want to develop young kids by only playing them 8-10 minutes a night in limited rolls in the NHL? That doesn't sound like a development line to me.

Because too much icetime before their ready could hurt them or the team. It creates more of a low to no pressure scenario where they get NHL time and provide more offense than Smith getting more than 50% offensive zone starts.

This is very much a throwing shit at the wall idea that I came up with while letting my mind wander while at work. So this has little to no statistical evidence to back it up.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Because too much icetime before their ready could hurt them or the team. It creates more of a low to no pressure scenario where they get NHL time and provide more offense than Smith getting more than 50% offensive zone starts.

This is very much a throwing **** at the wall idea that I came up with while letting my mind wander while at work. So this has little to no statistical evidence to back it up.

I get it's just throwing stuff out there but I don't think any NHL team would employ this strategy for young players that should be getting 20 minutes a night in the minors/juniors.

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
If Dach comes in and takes the 3C role, who does that push out of the lineup? Kampf, Carpenter, or Smith?

Preferably all three - and I'm a Kampf guy but lately Kruger provided more offense.
Personally looking forward to some Hogs getting called up. Can name 2-3 even 4 would be if Bowman's contract genius didn't prevent that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->