Who would've had more Art Ross trophies if both were fully healthy, Crosby or Jagr?

Who would've led the league in points more without injury?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
He had a viral infection for a month that saw his PPG go from 1.42 to 1.09.
McDavid had the flu twice in the last 2 seasons vomiting and lost several pounds (a nasty viral infection) and still played and still produced. As you like to say, great players produce no matter what, right?. If Sid is healthy enough to play he's healthy enough to produce he doesn't need your excuses... on second thought it appears here he does.

Tweed

Jun 25, 2006
McDavid had the flu twice in the last 2 seasons vomiting and lost several pounds (a nasty viral infection) and still played and still produced. As you like to say, great players produce no matter what, right?. If Sid is healthy enough to play he's healthy enough to produce he doesn't need your excuses... on second thought it appears here he does.

I believe this is the viral infection he's referring to:

sidney-crosby.jpg

People typically experience non-specific symptoms at first, like muscle pain, headache, and a low-grade fever, says Dr. Marty. "Then, in about a day or two, they'll start to notice the swelling of the parotid glands—glands in the cheek," she says. "Usually both [cheeks] are affected, although one side usually swells up bigger than the other." Patients may also experience pain, difficulty swallowing, loss of appetite, and a general sense of being unwell.

Complications can include hearing loss, testicular inflammation (orchitis)—even inflammation of the brain and spinal cord. "This virus loves brain tissue," says Dr. Marty. "As many as 50% to 60% of infected people experience a high rise in white blood cells in their cerebrospinal fluid, which can sometimes lead to someone manifesting symptoms of meningitis." In rare cases, patients could also suffer seizures or paralysis.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
Crosby had 63 points in 45 games at the time of his injury in 07-08. Which is higher than Ovechkins 1.37 ppg. He returned rusty and it dropped to 1.36. Healthy Crosby likely takes it. And there’s no room for Crosby would have slumped because he maintained an 110 point pace in 20 playoff games

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
Crosby had 63 points in 45 games at the time of his injury in 07-08. Which is higher than Ovechkins 1.37 ppg. He returned rusty and it dropped to 1.36. Healthy Crosby likely takes it. And there’s no room for Crosby would have slumped because he maintained an 110 point pace in 20 playoff games
lol Highly unlikely.

Reactions: KoozNetsOff 92

Tweed

Jun 25, 2006
Well enough to play, well enough to produce. Great players produce regardless as per daver's mantra. McDavid does, Crosby should have been able to as well. Daver needs to stop making excuses for Crosby's lack of production.

Yeah, I was just making sure that you weren't mistaking mumps for a tummy-ache.

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
Yeah, I was just making sure that you weren't mistaking mumps for a tummy-ache.
Why would I mistake the mumps for a tummy ache? Oh I get it, you said that because you think a guy with the mumps who is clearly well enough to play should be given a pass on not producing while being well enough to play.

Tweed

Jun 25, 2006
Why would I mistake the mumps for a tummy ache? Oh I get it, you said that because you think a guy with the mumps who is clearly well enough to play should be given a pass on not producing while being well enough to play.

No, because you compared it to McDavid throwing up.

Tweed

Jun 25, 2006
Healthy Connor McDavid lifting Oilers with return to dominant self - Sportsnet.ca

McDavid had a flu, and then some strep throat. Then another flu. So he was weak, and unable to get the kind of sleep necessary to run the most efficient hockey skating machine in the word today. He played through it without missing a game — and somehow remained at a point-per-game pace — but only now that we see him reach his familiar level do we realize how far below his best he’s been so far in 2017-18.

:biglaugh:

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
Lol at some of the absolute pathetic reaching going on in this thread for Crosby.
Agreed, it hints at a lot of insecurity which I find quite strange. Ever since McDavid came on the scene and usurped their favorite player's position as the best prospect since Mario, and the best player since Jagr, they've been in non stop damage control. It's both amusing and sad.

Tweed

Jun 25, 2006
Agreed, it hints at a lot of insecurity which I find quite strange. Ever since McDavid came on the scene and usurped their favorite player's position as the best prospect since Mario, and the best player since Jagr, they've been in non stop damage control. It's both amusing and sad.

:lol:
Crosby's done nothin' but win Cups & Conn's "ever since McDavid came on the scene".

Tweed

Jun 25, 2006
Not to mention won the mvp of the only best on best tourney Mcdavid has ever played in.

Ya, I didn't bother to mention it... minor achievement in the grander scheme of things. Just another notch on his bedpost ;)

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
I voted Jagr but I can see a reasonable case for Sid to reach to 6 Art Rosses. I wouldn't put too much stock on it, but it's not completely absurd.

That said, the reason I rank Sid ahead of Jagr is not offense. They're pretty comparable in that regard with Jagr having better health and Sid being tad more consistent in the games he's played.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
Ya, I didn't bother to mention it... minor achievement in the grander scheme of things. Just another notch on his bedpost ;)
Not really in a way. The World Cup replaced the Canada cup. Gretzkyesque in a way. Both have been mvps of the same tourney. Cool way to look at it

Reactions: Tweed

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013

McDavid was not a better prospect than Crosby

Tweed

Jun 25, 2006
Not really in a way. The World Cup replaced the Canada cup. Gretzkyesque in a way. Both have been mvps of the same tourney. Cool way to look at it

The wink emoji was me letting you know that I was being facetious. It was definitely a nice feather in his cap, in the middle of four other major accomplishments, and yet another highlight of a career that is testament that there is no cause for "damage control".

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
There were reports saying at the same age McDavid was ahead( pre draft)

Really? You sure it wasn't just part of the media hype to get people excited about McDavid?

I definitely remember Crosby being a higher prospect and general consensus around here has been so too. All the lists of people ranking the best prospects/1st overall picks almost always have Crosby at #1 above McDavid.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site

Crosby was arguably closer to Wayne and Mario as a prospect than to McDavid. McDavid got some hype from playing as 15 year old, something that was denied to Crosby that looking back now made zero sense. He could won the Q scoring title at age 15.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007

He had a lot of hype, probably more so than Crosby. I remember reading online articles, reading magazines, etc that all said he was a better prospect than Crosby.

Im sure there were other articles that said otherwise, but there were many analysts and outlets who said he was a better prospect.

SouthWest

Apr 16, 2013
Canada
He had a lot of hype, probably more so than Crosby. I remember reading online articles, reading magazines, etc that all said he was a better prospect than Crosby.

Im sure there were other articles that said otherwise, but there were many analysts and outlets who said he was a better prospect.

McDavid was not a better prospect than Crosby.

The difference was going from 2005 to 2015, we experienced the expansion of the internet and social media. Way more avenues for media creation and media consumption. The change in society led to outlets looking to create sensationalist headlines where ever possible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad