Who Would You Rather The Leafs Pay: Raymond vs. Kulemin

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
I doubt the Leafs will have the room to keep both of these players. Pretty different skill sets, but both are effective in their own right. Kulemin is the superior defensive player and is more physical, but Raymond has fantastic speed and hand. Both kill penalties and will most likely produce similar numbers.

The question is, if the price tag for both Kulemin and Raymond is 3.5 million for 3 - 5 years, who would you rather the Leafs sign?

Baarle*

May 29, 2010
28.294194, -39.07612
I'd let them both go for 3.5.

But to answer your question I'll keep Kulemin because I think we have enough scoring throughout our lineup, plus I think Raymond will hit some long cold streaks. I like Kulemin's physicality and defensive awareness more than Raymond's speed. That being said, I hope we can keep both if they play the way they have been.

Egoclapper

Dec 21, 2010
Always liked the last minute bargain free agents. MacArthur was great for us. Raymond will be solid. Maybe someone new next summer?

StringsAttached

BPD Nation!
Oct 1, 2013
Vaughan, ON
Tough, Raymond's speed is fun to watch and very effective and his IQ is high too. He lacks in his defensive game though and he's a little body. Kuli is easily the best two-way forward on our team > Bozak. Kuli's a big body who protects the puck very well and can hit. Toss a coin if I could vote i'd go Kulemin.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Why is so necessary to make a thread every frickin day asking fans to choose one leaf over another?

Bernier or Reimer
Rielly or Gardiner
Raymond or Kulemin
Frazer or Ashton

Can we not just enjoy having them here?

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Tough, Raymond's speed is fun to watch and very effective and his IQ is high too. He lacks in his defensive game though and he's a little body. Kuli is easily the best two-way forward on our team > Bozak. Kuli's a big body who protects the puck very well and can hit. Toss a coin if I could vote i'd go Kulemin.

Raymond has been solid defensively imo.

Egoclapper

Dec 21, 2010
Why is so necessary to make a thread every frickin day asking fans to choose one leaf over another?

Bernier or Reimer
Rielly or Gardiner
Raymond or Kulemin
Frazer or Ashton

Can we not just enjoy having them here?
Well I gotta do something while I refresh TSN waiting for the standings to update to 6-1.

Larry Hoover

Sep 16, 2012
Classic knee-jerk reactions in this thread. Raymond is hot, Kulemin is injured. Raymond is off to a great start for us but I'd be surprised if he wasn't neutralized by the better, tight checking teams. I guess that's why he's a great fit in the East, really on Boston is an EC team that we should be worried about for Raymond.

I voted for Kulemin, the guys a work horse, Raymond will go on a cold streak and the regress to the mean.

goguls

Feb 8, 2009
Markham, ON
Kulie. Raymond's playing great, hope he keeps it up. Steal at $1mil, but still a just stopgap for me.

If he had a higher cap hit or even went on a little cold streak, he'd be Jason Blake 2.0 and the fans would turn on him.

Garbs

Jul 2, 2005
London, Ontario
c7NJRa2.gif

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Hard to say. Is this really Raymond or is it the one year wonder we'll end up overpaying to keep down the line? Kulemin also has his flaws, so it all depends on what the price is.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
I find Kuli more relevant to our team, him and McClement are our top PK guys, and he's a great forechecker, MayRay brings some scoring, but I don't think we lack that. With that said, I hope we keep both, and I hope Kuli doesn't bolt to the KHL.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
Kuli. much more consistent. raymond is hot right now but I imagine he will taper off soon

Consistent in what way? Kulemin can barely carry the puck these days, he gets it and gets rid of it instantly (not in a good way), he's completely lost all confidence with the puck.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Kulemin. He's arguably one of our best defensive forwards and the stats don't lie. He faced the highest quality of Competition amongst ALL forwards. Guys a gem.

Ace88*

Id like to keep them both for ideally 5-6 million, dont care how thats split up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad