Series Discussion: Who would you rather play in the first round?

Who would you rather play in the first round?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I can't be the only one that isn't comfortable playing either team, right?

The joys of being a fan of this team for 25 years.

Not even going to think about having to face the bloody Oilers in the second round.
Oh yeah, I definitely have some skepticism of getting beyond the first round. That's just a sign of me being a fan for much too long.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC

Not even going to think about having to face the bloody Oilers in the second round.
Well considering it's been what 30 years since we have made it to the 2nd round unless we beat the Canucks we should be afraid of every team

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012

I’ve always been one of the more vocal people on this board defending our players andprospects. Definitely feel vindicated this year. We’ve had a pretty pessimistic fan base for a while now.

But at the same time, we have Sutter. He almost dragged Jerome Iginla, Robyn Regehr, Miika Kipprusoff, Craig Conroy and 17 grinders to a Stanley Cup.

I enter these playoffs with no expectations. Hopefully the Flames understand the test at hand because i think they have shown a tendency to be overconfident in the past. Until they show elite play in the playoffs it’s kinda hard to feel any sort of confidence.

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Saros is out until the playoffs looks like we will most likely be playing Dallas
Exactly. Big save Dave up against Colorado tomorrow and Dallas is up 3-0 on Arizona tonight so they leapfrog for the time being. I doubt the preds win tomorrow.

Blah. Can see Dallas being a super frustrating series.

Reactions: TheHudlinator

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Aaaaaaallright. Yotes tied stars at 3 in the third and knights are in ot 3-3 vs hawks. Hahahaha. What is even happening. I mean I'd laugh if stars lost in reg and Vegas won.

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
I'm uncomfortable with any first round matchup that isn't the Canucks. Also uncomfortable with a first round matchup that is the Canucks.

:dunno:

The life of a Flames fan.......

........even after the year they've had, with great underlying stats, I still have zero confidence in this team when the rubber hits the road.

Shame on them!!

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
The Avalanches decided they prefer Dallas so we get Nashville

It’s going to be a battle of goalies. I am not that confident in Markstrom on tight games but that’s just me

But Nashville can still decide they prefer the Avalanches after the last physical beating lol

Last edited:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I remember wishing for Colorado in 2019…

That was the last time I played this game. Idgaf who we get, we have to find a way this time.

This team needs to just show up.
If Calgary plays to the level they've played this season, then they should win regardless of who the matchup is.

However, Calgary always finds a way to Calgary things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad