Series Discussion: Who would you rather play in the first round?

Who would you rather play in the first round?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I think Dallas as a revenge story from the bubble playoffs.
Probably the weirdest constructed team out of the three too.

Reactions: Ainsy01

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
As long as Markstrom doesn't soil his goalie pants I don't think it really matters too much.

Dallas is an old one line team that hasn't looked on the same page for most of the year and are inexperienced in goal. They would be my top choice even if they'd be the most boring opponent. I don't think they're very good even if their blueline is probably the most impressive here.

Nashville I don't really know what to make of. They have some dangerous players in the top 6 and play very physical. Structurally they're not very impressive, bang average all around. Saros has that it factor though and Josi and Forsberg can be hard to contain.

Vegas has been utter shit. They might be the easiest opponent if we're going by how each team has played the last couple months. But they'd likely be playing with a roster 20 million over the cap and you never know when a spark could come.

HitterD

Apr 25, 2022
Calgary
I think I’d prefer Dallas, but i preferred Colorado the season the Flames lost to them in the playoffs a few years ago and that turned out awful. I think the Flames will beat whichever team they play in the first round (finally!), but Dallas is a team that scares me less than Nashville, as I don’t think they have the offensive horse power to keep up with Calgary.

a little revenge to the Stars from our last playoff series would be nice as well

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
I'm going to say Nashville as Dallas always seems to have our number. With that said if we can't beat any of those teams we shouldn't be in the playoffs
Charting new territory - nonchalantly wading through the ploffs and burning villages, after not having to face Vancouver for a 1st round 7 game series.

Reactions: TheHudlinator

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I don't believe that Vegas will make the playoffs so that leaves Dallas and Nashville. Out of those two I have a very slight preference for Dallas.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I'd take my chances with the pedos.

wait-what-gif.gif

tarapoto2006

Mar 2, 2018
I voted Preds just for something different. But with Pred's schedule vs Dallas' muffin schedule, it seems like they could easily switch wildcard spots. I don't really wanna play Dallas again. I'll be more comfortable about playing the Preds too, if we win tonight. I think if we play our game we can take either of them in a series, regardless.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
I'm genuinely scared of Nashville. I think they have the makings of an upset. They have one of the top D in the league in Josi, and he starts and creates so much offense it's insane. They have a pretty solid top 9 forward group, and Duchene has had a real bounce back year. And Saros is the most underrated starter in the league.

Reactions: Ainsy01

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I put Vegas. I could be wrong but it seems Dallas is still defensive low-scoring hockey. Nash will be rough and it could take a big toll on us.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
I'm genuinely scared of Nashville. I think they have the makings of an upset. They have one of the top D in the league in Josi, and he starts and creates so much offense it's insane. They have a pretty solid top 9 forward group, and Duchene has had a real bounce back year. And Saros is the most underrated starter in the league.
Me too as in I’m also scared of the upset potential with these guys

Reactions: CamPopplestone
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad