Who would you rather have your team sign this off-season, Hall or Pietrangelo?

Who'd you rather

• Total voters

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Pietranglo for me, and it's not even close. I hate a 7 year term on a 30 year old player, but i'm sure that'll be the market. He's the more valuable player and better fit for the Canucks right now, and despite being a couple years older...i have more faith in the smart, efficient defenceman holding on to a serviceable game longer than the hard-charging winger whose game is largely built around speed.

Reactions: BlueMed

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
The day Hall was traded for Larsson, there was a rumour (no idea if it was true) that he'd be mived for Pietrangelo, and I was excited.
I don't think that was ever a serious possibility. Shattenkirk for Hall was agreed upon by both sides but Shatty wouldn't waive his NMC.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
I get that I'm underrating Petro here, but on his own team, he doesn't have the same impact that Hall does. Petro isn't as important to the Blues as Letang is to the Penguins, Burns/Karlsson to the Sharks, or Hedman to the Lightning. Taking away any of those players from their respective teams will weaken them dramatically. Whereas taking Petro away from the Blues wouldn't have a big impact. You could argue that he provides much in terms of leadership, but the talent would still remain on the Blues. They would still have a strong D on the likes of Dunn, Parayko, and Faulk alone. Petro on the Blues is like Pavs on the Sharks as they provide leadership and play a core role (scoring/ Defense). On the other hand, Hall to the Devils is like Barkov/ Seguin on their team- can carry their teams on their back.

Just because the devils have a crap roster doesnt mean Hall > Pietro

Swap them and Hall immediately has Tarasenko with him while Pietro instantly becomes the best Dman to have ever played in NJ since Niedermeyer left

Roasted Nuts

Feb 6, 2018
Behind you
Just because the devils have a crap roster doesnt mean Hall > Pietro

Swap them and Hall immediately has Tarasenko with him while Pietro instantly becomes the best Dman to have ever played in NJ since Niedermeyer left
I take back my initial comment that Hall>Pietro, but Pietro isn't on the level of all time great D-men himself. He isn't close to the status of Niedermeyer, and wouldn't be the best D-man on the Devils. That would be P.K Subban, who has won a Norris trophy while Pietro hasn't.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I take back my initial comment that Hall>Pietro, but Pietro isn't on the level of all time great D-men himself. He isn't close to the status of Niedermeyer, and wouldn't be the best D-man on the Devils. That would be P.K Subban, who has won a Norris trophy while Pietro hasn't.

Yeah I don't see you getting much support for Subban being better than Petro but I wish you good fortune in the wars to come.

Reactions: stl76

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Hall, and it’s not close because my team has Burns and Karlsson. Even if we didn’t though, I’d take Hall because he’s a little better as a player.
I feel the same way. Pietrangelo is pretty great, but Hall is a legit superstar. In a vacuum, it's Hall. In our circumstance, it's definitely Hall.

Roasted Nuts

Feb 6, 2018
Behind you
Yeah I don't see you getting much support for Subban being better than Petro but I wish you good fortune in the wars to come.
Maybe not now since Subban peaked relatively early, but he was traded for Weber who I view as Pietro's equivalent. You gotta admit, had the Blues not won the cup, then Pietro wouldn't be viewed as the top player he is now. He is just basking in the glory of the recent cup win.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
NYI is pretty set for awhile on D. Good starting 6 that doesn't even include Dobson, plus other prospects like Wilde and Aho. Also Hickey is still here as good depth. 5 of the current starting 6 are under 30.

We're in need of high end talent up front.

So yeah, Hall please

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Maybe not now since Subban peaked relatively early, but he was traded for Weber who I view as Pietro's equivalent. You gotta admit, had the Blues not won the cup, then Pietro wouldn't be viewed as the top player he is now. He is just basking in the glory of the recent cup win.

Petro has always been regarded as a top player. Perhaps YOU just became aware of it but most people already knew he was top 10 in the league and has been for years.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
Pietrangelo for sure. Hall is too much of an injury concern, he'd have to sign for way less than what he wants to even think about getting a deal done

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I get that I'm underrating Petro here, but on his own team, he doesn't have the same impact that Hall does. Petro isn't as important to the Blues as Letang is to the Penguins, Burns/Karlsson to the Sharks, or Hedman to the Lightning. Taking away any of those players from their respective teams will weaken them dramatically. Whereas taking Petro away from the Blues wouldn't have a big impact. You could argue that he provides much in terms of leadership, but the talent would still remain on the Blues. They would still have a strong D on the likes of Dunn, Parayko, and Faulk alone. Petro on the Blues is like Pavs on the Sharks as they provide leadership and play a core role (scoring/ Defense). On the other hand, Hall to the Devils is like Barkov/ Seguin on their team- can carry their teams on their back.
You have no idea what you're talking about.

It depends on your team's needs. Buffalo is pretty solid on D right now but still has Sobotka playing on the second line. Hall would improve this team much more than Petro
Could always take Pietrangelo and trade risto for a good forward...jus sayin

Who would you bump out of the top 6 to fit Hall in, I'm assuming Olofsson despite the hot start? Hall - Eichel - Literally Anyone would be a sick top line haha

:biglaugh:

Reactions: rumrokh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad