Who would you rather have your team sign this off-season, Hall or Pietrangelo?

Who'd you rather

• Total voters

Roasted Nuts

Feb 6, 2018
Behind you
this is an hf hall of fame level post lmaooooo
I get that I'm underrating Petro here, but on his own team, he doesn't have the same impact that Hall does. Petro isn't as important to the Blues as Letang is to the Penguins, Burns/Karlsson to the Sharks, or Hedman to the Lightning. Taking away any of those players from their respective teams will weaken them dramatically. Whereas taking Petro away from the Blues wouldn't have a big impact. You could argue that he provides much in terms of leadership, but the talent would still remain on the Blues. They would still have a strong D on the likes of Dunn, Parayko, and Faulk alone. Petro on the Blues is like Pavs on the Sharks as they provide leadership and play a core role (scoring/ Defense). On the other hand, Hall to the Devils is like Barkov/ Seguin on their team- can carry their teams on their back.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Canucks need a lot of pieces. I'd take pietrangelo, but at 11m x 8years, I'd probably prefer neither and spend my large contract money on younger players. I think 11m is too much for players from age 30-38.

filinski77

Feb 12, 2017
For the Caps I would rather Hall. Also worth considering that Hall will be 28 to start next season, and Pietrangelo will be 30 to start next season. I'd rather pay Hall until 35 than Pietrangelo to 37

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
For the Caps I would rather Hall. Also worth considering that Hall will be 28 to start next season, and Pietrangelo will be 30 to start next season. I'd rather pay Hall until 35 than Pietrangelo to 37

Caps problem isn't scoring goals, it's our GA. Having 2 top 10 D is going to help our GA, not adding a 1 dimensional injury prone LW like Hall. When it's playoff time we'd have the luxury of having at least one top 10 D on the ice basically all game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hustlr

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
I get that I'm underrating Petro here, but on his own team, he doesn't have the same impact that Hall does. Petro isn't as important to the Blues as Letang is to the Penguins, Burns/Karlsson to the Sharks, or Hedman to the Lightning. Taking away any of those players from their respective teams will weaken them dramatically. Whereas taking Petro away from the Blues wouldn't have a big impact. You could argue that he provides much in terms of leadership, but the talent would still remain on the Blues. They would still have a strong D on the likes of Dunn, Parayko, and Faulk alone. Petro on the Blues is like Pavs on the Sharks as they provide leadership and play a core role (scoring/ Defense). On the other hand, Hall to the Devils is like Barkov/ Seguin on their team- can carry their teams on their back.

I like how you say you're under rating Pietrangelo then say a bunch of wrong things about him.

COHawk

Sep 16, 2015
Petro easily for the Hawks. Unbiased to my team's needs, I take Hall.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Pietrangelo is the better and more valuable player, but assuming no trades, Hall for the Avs. See ya, depth issues.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Even with positional need, I still take Petro. He's just a much more reliable player, find a way to build around him.

The Bruins can only pay the defense so much and McAvoy, Carlo, Vaakanainen (possibly Krug) is going to be an expensive top four eventually.
I think we need the offense Hall provides more.

I do like Pietreangelo a lot but only if the B's trade a defenseman for a forward.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I do like Pietreangelo a lot but only if the B's trade a defenseman for a forward.
Make it work that way then. If we're talking about paying a player $11 million, you build around them, not try to jam them in. And I would take Pietrangelo over Hall 100 times out of 100.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Let's just say all that is true.... What does that have to do with the actual player - Pietrangelo? Blues having a decent group of defenders over the years and not needing him to carry the team doesn't diminish the player. Please don't say you would take Letang over Pietrangelo.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Today it's a toss up on team needs. In another 3 years it will be Pie in a land slide forwards don't tend to age as well as Dman. Hall has an injury history as well. I'm taking Pie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad