Who would you rather have your team sign this off-season, Hall or Pietrangelo?

Who'd you rather

• Total voters

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Pietrangelo quite easily for the Pens. I think Pietrangelo added to the defense with the Pens' current forward group moves them a lot closer to Cup contender status than adding Hall to the forward group while maintaining the same defense corps does.

Roasted Nuts

Feb 6, 2018
Behind you
Petro. Not close.
How? Hall is a top 3 RW as voted on by Hfboard voters in the Team Canada poll. He is a dynamic player capable of carrying a team to playoffs, as shown in the 2017 season. You can't say that about many forwards, much less a RW.
On the other hand Petro isn't even considered a top five D-men. Unlike Hall, he isn't capable of putting the team on his back. Sure, he may have leadership and other "intangibles," but those don't come close to making up the talent gap between him and Hall. Petro needs to win a Norris trophy just to be in the conversation with Hall. And this is coming from a Sharks fan. Even though Burns and Karlsson have Norris' on their resume, I wouldn't compare them yet to Hall.
Hall's outsized impact as a forward is more impressive than Petro's impact as a D-men. I wouldn't consider Petro to be the most important on his own team. I'd take Tarasenko and ROR before him.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
How? Hall is a top 3 RW as voted on by Hfboard voters in the Team Canada poll. He is a dynamic player capable of carrying a team to playoffs, as shown in the 2017 season. You can't say that about many forwards, much less a RW.
On the other hand Petro isn't even considered a top five D-men. Unlike Hall, he isn't capable of putting the team on his back. Sure, he may have leadership and other "intangibles," but those don't come close to making up the talent gap between him and Hall. Petro needs to win a Norris trophy just to be in the conversation with Hall. And this is coming from a Sharks fan. Even though Burns and Karlsson have Norris' on their resume, I wouldn't compare them yet to Hall.
Hall's outsized impact as a forward is more impressive than Petro's impact as a D-men. I wouldn't consider Petro to be the most important on his own team. I'd take Tarasenko and ROR before him.

My team is flush with high end forwards, we need the high-end dman.

Reactions: Julio Jones

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Hall, and it’s not close because my team has Burns and Karlsson. Even if we didn’t though, I’d take Hall because he’s a little better as a player.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
For the Ducks easily Pietrangelo who doesn't have the injury history problems Hall has and who would solve our RD problems.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013

I pick Pietro. Defensemen tend to age better than wingers, and I especially think this will be true for Pietro, which is why i prefer him. Not particularly super high on either player personally though.

But also - lots of issues with your posts. On recent top 31 winger ranking on HF this summer, Hall was voted 10th best winger. Pietro was voted 7th for defensemen. You seem to be trying to spin it as though Hall looks better vs other wings than Pietro vs defenders, which isn't what HF decided this summer.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Hall will demand 11, especially after his Hart season but he shouldn’t get it based on his injury history and most egregiously his breakaway fails. Dude can almost never score 1v1 except at a bar.

Reactions: McCanovin

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Hall is a little better player imo, or at least has the higher ceiling, but his injuries and play style (which doesn't seem like it will age well) make this a pretty risky contract for him. Pietrangelo rarely misses time and looks like the type of player who will still be effective in his mid-30s. I don't think Pie gets that much though

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida

Am I missing something or you new to hockey? When is/was Hall a RW? He’s been a LW all his Oilers career. Did N.J. switch him to the other side?

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Pietrangelo is one of my favourites in the game but -
Hall would be the ideal 2nd line winger in Boston. Probably not at $11M but a Hall-Krejci-DeBrusk/Heinen line with whomever dropping to the 3rd would give them about as much high end talent and depth as we've seen in awhile.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia

this is an hf hall of fame level post lmaooooo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad