Who would you have drafted? 2022 edition

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
I see a lot of people prefer Wright to Slaf, and some would like that we keep the #13 pick instead of trading for Dach. Most of us would take Hutson at #62. And so far, no one wants to pick Beck at #33.

1) Cooley
13) Nazar or Kemmel
26) Howard
33) Mesar or Firkus
62) Hutson
75.) Rohrer
92) Dumais

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
1 - Slafkovsky (without the Dach deal, then Wright)
26 - Howard
33 - Hutson (wouldn't have expected him to be around at 62)
62 - Sykora
75 - Rohrer

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I see a lot of people prefer Wright to Slaf, and some would like that we keep the #13 pick instead of trading for Dach. Most of us would take Hutson at #62. And so far, no one wants to pick Beck at #33.

1) Cooley
13) Nazar or Kemmel
26) Howard
33) Mesar or Firkus
62) Hutson
75.) Rohrer
92) Dumais
I didn't pick Bech at 33 'cause I'm picking him at 26.

Mister Hab

Nov 21, 2018
1- Wright
13 - Nazar
26 - Kulich
33 - Firkus
62- Hutson
Same (except I would have gone with Dach instead of picking Nazar at #13).

I see a lot of Wright/Kulich/Firkus/Hutson here (those were also my choices...and/or Hutson anywhere between 25 and 35!). And, some (here and there) wanted Goyette (as a 2nd rnd pick), but mostly Kulich and Firkus came up.

Basically...

Slaf/Dach/Mesar/Beck/Hutson/Rohrer VERSUS Wright/Romanov+picks/Kulich/Firkus/anyone you prefer over Hutson/anyone you prefer over Rohrer.

(Will also be fun to do a 2023 version of this one...next summer!!).

Go Habs Go!!

Last edited:

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Hutson is the most unanimous pick in years. Going back to Sergachev maybe? What a legend.

AAZmRrP.img

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Surprised there wasn't a thread already, but what? You think you're some kinda wise guy? Post your picks.

1.) Shane Wright
26.) Isaac Howard
33.) David Goyette
62.) Mats Lindgren
75.) Danil Zhilkin
92.) Simon Forsmark
127.) Josh Filmon
130.) Otto Salin
162.) Alexis Gendron
194.) Tyson Dyck
216.) Spencer Sova
I like that you're high on Goyette because it seems everybody in the draft thread shat on this guy big time. He was one of the most dynamic OHL eligible forward prospects imo.

Sure, there's a strong chance he's just another Bournival at the pro-levels if everything goes wrong... otherwise, he's a speedy, mobile top-6 forward with solid finishing abilities.

Mister Hab

Nov 21, 2018
Hutson is the most unanimous pick in years. Going back to Sergachev maybe? What a legend.

AAZmRrP.img
Yeah...for sure. Hutson is the one that's making all Hab fans super happy!! (we all agree with Hutson). And, all of us are hoping he gets lots of healthy sleep, healthy food (the best for growing...healthy bones!) and healthy weight gain!

Hoping for 5'10 or 5'11 (180lbs...185lbs) within 1 1/2 - 2 years!
(Heck...even 5'9 1/2 is not the end of the world, especially with his talent).

Really looking forward to seeing Hutson in a Hab jersey one day! (super pumped-up! 2024 maybe? end of 2024 season?).

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I like that you're high on Goyette because it seems everybody in the draft thread shat on this guy big time. He was one of the most dynamic OHL eligible forward prospects imo.

Sure, there's a strong chance he's just another Bournival at the pro-levels if everything goes wrong... otherwise, he's a speedy, mobile top-6 forward with solid finishing abilities.

Goyette in the last half of the season was almost as productive as Shane Wright, and he's one of the best skaters in the draft. Actually David Goyette produced more since January 1st than Owen Beck did in his whole season, led his team in scoring by a country mile. He was really good value for Seattle.

However, I should say that the top guy on my list was Luca Del Bel Belluz (you can check my list which I also posted here). But in my fantasy draft, I already took Shane Wright so another center wasn't my priority. Luca and David are going to have huge years in the OHL this year, IMO. Luca looked like the most dangerous player at the WJC 20 camp.

Reactions: Mrb1p and Toene

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Goyette in the last half of the season was almost as productive as Shane Wright, and he's one of the best skaters in the draft. Actually David Goyette produced more since January 1st than Owen Beck did in his whole season, led his team in scoring by a country mile. He was really good value for Seattle.

However, I should say that the top guy on my list was Luca Del Bel Belluz (you can check my list which I also posted here). But in my fantasy draft, I already took Shane Wright so another center wasn't my priority. Luca and David are going to have huge years in the OHL this year, IMO. Luca looked like the most dangerous player at the WJC 20 camp.

I have a lot less concerns about Beck's ability to think and play at an NHL level.

Goyette seems like less talented Drouin to me. He's gonna breeze by on skills and then get to a level where he has to think and get exposed.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
I would have picked any of the other 3 players in the top 4, besides the one we took

Drafting is just something that this organization is not good at, and I don't think that changed with this draft

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
1) Juraj Slafkovsky (W)
2) Jiri Kulich (C)
3) Jagger Firkus (W)
4) Lane Hutson (D)
5) Michael Fisher (D)
6) Kirill Dolzhenkov (W)
7) Matthew Morden (D)
8) Vladimir Grudinin (D)
9) Gustav Karlsson (C/W)
10) Petteri Nurmi (D)
11) Logan Morrison (C)

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Surprised there wasn't a thread already, but what? You think you're some kinda wise guy? Post your picks.

1.) Shane Wright
26.) Isaac Howard
33.) David Goyette
62.) Mats Lindgren
75.) Danil Zhilkin
92.) Simon Forsmark
127.) Josh Filmon
130.) Otto Salin
162.) Alexis Gendron
194.) Tyson Dyck
216.) Spencer Sova
1- Cooley. Fast offensive center hard to find. But I think all top 5 picks will be good players

26- Kulich. Impressed me at U18.
33- Goyette. Really came on late in year.
62- Hutson. Who we took at 62.
75- Torrie Robertson. A19 year old but only because of Covid.
92-Dumais. High end offensive skill

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
I won't lie, I am pretty happy with the Slaf pick after all but at the time of the draft I wanted Wright

1. Wright
26. Kulich
33. Havelid
62. Hutson (never thought he would be available)
75. Persson
92. Brennan

After that I don't know them enough

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad