Who would you choose at this point. Toronto or Montreal ?

Which organization would you choose for the next 10 years?

• Montreal Canadiens

Votes: 111 78.2%
  • Toronto Maple Leafs

Votes: 31 21.8%

• Total voters

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
200w.gif

5goNVU.gif

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
The Leafs have a 65g scorer and the Habs don't even have a 65 points player.

Sit the f*** down Habs fan. The cope we go through is insane. Yeah the Leafs are a failure, but were even worse. Stop.
The question is for the next 10 years. Toronto already has peaked and can’t get past the second round. For once we have management that look like they know what they are doing and our current core has far from peaked (actually our core is not even complete yet). BTW Suzuki had a 66 points season last year and currently at 61 project for an easy 70+, while Matthews never hit 65 goal once in his career, don’t know what the hell you are blabbing about.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Montreal because they have promise. Toronto ruined their rebuild with the Tavares signing. I said it at the time and I'll continue to say it. When they signed a FA at 11 mil before any of their young stars were locked up long term, that made them want similar money. Not only that, they for their stars and decided that they no long needed to stack their pipeline. After Matthews, they're like "were food let's start competing". Ridiculous. Their cap situation is awful, have no flexibility. Never made trades to get those core players in positions of need. Got unlucky with goaltending. Just an overall mess of a rebuild.

Reactions: Cournoyer12

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
The Leafs have a 65g scorer and the Habs don't even have a 65 points player.

Sit the f*** down Habs fan. The cope we go through is insane. Yeah the Leafs are a failure, but were even worse. Stop.
Absolute garbage. Leafs have too many guys on big contracts. They can't add good enough pieces to do the job. They have few good prospects and few draft picks. They have a couple of years left and they aren't getting by teams like Florida and Vegas. Habs will be a contender for most of the next 10 years.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Toronto has a better NHL roster today, no doubt about it...

But I think we have significantly better organization leadership in place, a significantly better prospect pool & U25 NHL roster players, and a much more favorable cap situation (especially once Anderson/Gally/Price deals end or are moved).

2024-2034... Easily pick the Habs to have a better record & better shot at winning a cup over the course of that window.

If the Laffs can't pull it off this year or next, the cup contention window around their Big 4 is done (they seem like the weakest of the cup contending teams currently imo)and Treviling is not a GM whose going to successfully guide a quick re-tool... If recent track record is any indicator

KFlint

Sep 27, 2010
Toronto at the moment for me but that could change. The core is still pretty young and with Tavares big contract coming off the books in a year they will have the cap space to improve their D.

If Matthews leaves after his contract, they will obviously have a tough time recovering from that.

If we get lucky and draft Celebrini, than I can support Habs being in good place to overtake them in 2 years.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
It really comes down to if you think TO will win a cup in the next ten years. I used to say yes and now I’ll say no. The talent is there but they haven’t been able to put it together so far.

I like what Montreal is building so I’ll say Montreal.

But the question is pretty meaningless right now. :)

Reactions: rve24

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
This is how I break it down

Potential Hart Winners:
MTL: Suzuki, Slafkovsky, Dach, Hutson, Xhekaj, Montembeault, 2024 1st Round Pick
TOR: None

Potential Norris Winners:
MTL: Guhle, Hutson, Reinbacher, Struble, Xhekaj
TOR: Edmundson (during his Habs tenure)

Potential Selke Winners:
MTL: Suzuki, Slafkovsky, Armia
TOR: None

In conclusion: Habs in a walk

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
It really comes down to if you think TO will win a cup in the next ten years. I used to say yes and now I’ll say no. The talent is there but they haven’t been able to put it together so far.

I like what Montreal is building so I’ll say Montreal.

But the question is pretty meaningless right now. :)
It's not meaningless. If you are talking about chances to win the Cup in the next 10 years. It is definitely Montreal.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
It's not meaningless. If you are talking about chances to win the Cup in the next 10 years. It is definitely Montreal.
The Leafs have a cup winning core that could be tweaked to win. Honestly they could win it at any time. Add a strong blueliner and they’d be legit contenders. Tavares is coming off the books soon too.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Would you like to go on a date with another pretty girl after you haven't closed the deal on five prior dates, or would you rather download tinder even though you look like Auston Matthews and might look better once you decided to shave off the receding hairline or get a hair transplant ?

OMG ! HAIRTRANSPLANT BRO.

Habs fan are f***ing delusional, both in the assessment of their own team and the hate they have for the Leafs. Its embarassing, really, were flirting with Senators fans level of delulu.

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
Would you like to go on a date with another pretty girl after you haven't closed the deal on five prior dates, or would you rather download tinder even though you look like Auston Matthews and might look better once you decided to shave off the receding hairline or get a hair transplant ?

OMG ! HAIRTRANSPLANT BRO.

Habs fan are f***ing delusional, both in the assessment of their own team and the hate they have for the Leafs. Its embarassing, really, were flirting with Senators fans level of delulu.

Stfu, ya stat-inflating dweeb

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
I'm not sure what we are really supposed to be choosing, but I can see some valid reasons for thinking the Habs are in a better position then Toronto. If you believe that Toronto's team is built on a bad foundation then the fact that it's a "finished house" instead of a half built one isn't a good thing because if they have to gut the "finished house" in order to address the foundation then that's more work and harder to do then finishing a half built house that is on a good foundation.

Now I personally don't believe Toronto's foundation is so flawed that it requires a complete teardown but at the same time my faith in their management staff to identify and correct the issues they do have with their foundation is a lot lower then my faith in MTL's management.

Reactions: Morgoth

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
All that money locked into 4 players that don't give a shit about their team... yeah, they're better players than what we have but Montreal. Toronto is going to be screwed until they deal one of those four.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013

In the next ten years, Toronto may not win a cup, but they will stay in the upper third of the league. They draft better than the Habs and they can survive because they can also spend money on free agents willing to go there.

However, the Hab's future is not as bright as you may think. They are stuck in the bottom third of the league and that is with the players they now have. They are what they are and aren't going to get much better relative to other teams than they are now. Any other players the Habs acquire from the draft will be be around the level they would draft now, around 7 to 9th, and one of those will never be enough to magically raise the team to playoff contender status. Montreal is in that "stuck in the lower middle" spot of not good enough to be good, and not bad enough to get worse. They have become the new Buffalo and will need close to ten years to get out of it. To beat it, they have to scrap all to date, and do a complete rebuild by dropping to the bottom and starting all over again.

About the only other way is to have Kent get his kids Quinn, Jack, and Luke to move to Montreal on favorable contracts. Just need more number 43's available.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad