Who would be a better 3C, Blueger or Suter?

Who would be a better 3C, Blueger or Suter?

• Total voters

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
i think blueger is washed and suter is more of a wing. can i vote neither?

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I don't really like either as a 3C, though I am really interested how the lineup shakes out. If I was just to take a guess for now, they slow-play Mikheyev's return and have Suter as a wing in a top-six role to start.

That leaves Aman & Blueger as the bottom two centers, with both probably getting around the same ES minutes but Blueger being a PK staple.

So, maybe that makes Blueger the '3C' by default.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Based on pur glut of scoring wingers, we should have 3 scoring lines, one of which would include Suter. Blueger can anchor the defensive/energy line

Yeah. This is what ultimately kind of seals it for me.

We need someone in that "3C" spot who can distribute the puck and play with the surplus of skill guys wingers we have. A third "scoring line". That's Suter. Doesn't mean he's "better" than Bluegers per se. But just the way people inherently draw up a roster card works that way.

I think we could ultimately see a very even split of icetime between the two. Call it a 3a/3b or maybe more accurately 4a/4b platoon.

Suter runs with Garland stapled to his hip. Some mix of Hoggy/Podz/Beauvillier on the other wing depending on what happens with the Top-6.

Bluegers runs with Aman. Plus someone defensively responsible and physical on the other wing.

AlainVigneaultsGum

Holidays in two days
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2012
Calgary, AB

thatsthejoke.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Son of Petter

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
Yeah. This is what ultimately kind of seals it for me.

We need someone in that "3C" spot who can distribute the puck and play with the surplus of skill guys wingers we have. A third "scoring line". That's Suter. Doesn't mean he's "better" than Bluegers per se. But just the way people inherently draw up a roster card works that way.

I think we could ultimately see a very even split of icetime between the two. Call it a 3a/3b or maybe more accurately 4a/4b platoon.

Suter runs with Garland stapled to his hip. Some mix of Hoggy/Podz/Beauvillier on the other wing depending on what happens with the Top-6.

Bluegers runs with Aman. Plus someone defensively responsible and physical on the other wing.
Good take. I still don’t love the mix up front but it will take another 1 - 2 years to sort that out. Raymond Wellwood and Bernier wasn’t an ideal 3rd line but they bought us a bit of time till we could roll Torres, Malhotra and Hansen out there.

The team is better than last year. I see 94-100 points with a couple of breaks and decent health.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Blueger easily *IF* he can regain the form he had from 2019-2022 when he was a legitimate quality hard-minute, high-production 3C for Pittsburgh.

If we get the Blueger that struggled in Pittsburgh last year then it's probably Suter by default.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
I think Blueger is a better player.

If we are looking at last year specifically it looks a lot closer but Blueger had a huge down year and it crushed his contract this year.

Blueger is a better skater, more tenacious on the forecheck, uses his body well and overall has a more explosive game - he's built to be an NHL player. I don't think it's really all that close and I'm quite surprised Suter is winning this poll.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I think Blueger is a better player.

If we are looking at last year specifically it looks a lot closer but Blueger had a huge down year and it crushed his contract this year.

Blueger is a better skater, more tenacious on the forecheck, uses his body well and overall has a more explosive game - he's built to be an NHL player. I don't think it's really all that close and I'm quite surprised Suter is winning this poll.

Yeah, I don't get it at all.

Blueger is a guy who popped to me watching Penguin games a couple years back and was playing basically Malhotra-type minutes getting 30% zone starts with the likes of Brock McGinn and killing those minutes. He's a proven commodity who has played the 3C role for a good playoff team and played it well. He's a bigger, harder, more powerful player than Suter better suited for that role.

Suter is a guy who has been mostly a bad top-6 C on bad teams or a middle-6 winger. He isn't a 3C and has rarely played that role.

The question with Blueger is obviously whether he can bounce back from a poor year but he's only 29 and if he can then he's the better player and the better 3C and it isn't really close.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Yeah, I don't get it at all.

Blueger is a guy who popped to me watching Penguin games a couple years back and was playing basically Malhotra-type minutes getting 30% zone starts with the likes of Brock McGinn and killing those minutes. He's a proven commodity who has played the 3C role for a good playoff team and played it well. He's a bigger, harder, more powerful player than Suter better suited for that role.

Suter is a guy who has been mostly a bad top-6 C on bad teams or a middle-6 winger. He isn't a 3C and has rarely played that role.

The question with Blueger is obviously whether he can bounce back from a poor year but he's only 29 and if he can then he's the better player and the better 3C and it isn't really close.

Suter is the analytic darling and comes from a mediocre team so I think his abilities are being exaggerated. I do like the acquisition and think he will fit in nicely as a Dries replacement but talk that he's a Roy, Staal type player is a bad take - he would have to have a break out year for that.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
Suter is the analytic darling and comes from a mediocre team so I think his abilities are being exaggerated. I do like the acquisition and think he will fit in nicely as a Dries replacement but talk that he's a Roy, Staal type player is a bad take - he would have to have a break out year for that.
I think when you mean analytic darling, you mean his jfresh charts looks blue or something.

Those things are meaningless.

If I had to guess, its the fact people assume if someone can be a borderline top 6 forward then he's naturally a good bot 6 forward. Which is not how teams are constructed.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
blueger was terrible for vegas. lost his spot in the lineup to amadio in the playoffs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad