Who won the the PLD/Laine trade?

Who won the PLD/Laine trade?

• Total voters

tomi2

Mar 1, 2007
Wpg won that trade by far. Laines gonna thrive under Torts. Honestly its a little bit sad, cause I always imagined Laine playing his whole career in Winnipeg.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Winnipeg, and it's not close for me.
Their centre depth is going to be disgusting this season, and moving forward. People just casually forget that PLD slapped around the Leafs last summer and was the best player on the ice for either team... he's a guy who can take over a playoff series at the age of 22; that's... not common.

Which series was this?

Reactions: tacogeoff

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Which series was this?

The one he lined up against Auston Matthews and John Tavares and took both to school over the series.
That guy surrender 1 goal 5-5 in that series, and overall was 6-1 in that playoff win.

He then went and had a solid performance against Tampa. Last years' playoffs was like his coming out party.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
The one he lined up against Auston Matthews and John Tavares and took both to school over the series.
That guy surrender 1 goal 5-5 in that series, and overall was 6-1 in that playoff win.

He then went and had a solid performance against Tampa. Last years' playoffs was like his coming out party.

I dont think that was technically a playoff series but in any case it was the goaltending that won them the play in series. Not to take away from PLD he was solid but I wouldnt overexaggerate.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Even when Columbus wins, they lose, because I don't think Laine + Roslovic are going to be as good as PLD was for them.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

This Jackets fan must admit that Dubois didn't "take Matthews to school". It's more like they went toe to toe in a heavyweight tilt. Matthews was insanely dynamic in that series just couldn't get away from Dubois/Jones and couldn't beat Korpisalo. IIRC Dubois did most of his scoring against Tavares or Kerfoot's lines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad