Who won the the PLD/Laine trade?

Who won the PLD/Laine trade?

• Total voters

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I like it more for Columbus, but it sort of reflects the disparity in value between wingers and centers on the trade market. Especially ones under the age of 23. Neither PLD or Laine are guys who are typically on the market.

Reactions: Flair Hay

BudRobinson53

Sep 5, 2020
Yup, Winnipeg gets the better player (long term). I have a feeling that Torts has negative affect on Laine and he's back to wanting out sooner than later.

Reactions: TopCheese

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
I always value Centre above wingers. So, I like that part for Winnipeg.

However, just looking at pure value - I think clearly Columbus makes out well here (especially from a being in a weakened state-trading wise)

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Columbus right now... but a year from now when Laine is demanding a trade... different story.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Value? Columbus. That said, there are so many things that can't be answered yet. Will both players (sry Roslovic) extend and for what money/term? How does Laine fit CBJ system? Can Dubois reach that next level now that he's not the #1 center, but gets to play in a more open system? How will CBJ look now that they don't have that #1C and arguably not even #2C (unless Domi gets himself going)?

It will probably take a couple years to evaluate this trade (this one more than most). That said, given what situation PLD put Kekäläinen in by his antics and Torts benching him, CBJ made out like bandits IMO.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Columbus got the better offensive talent and Winnipeg rounds out their team more. Columbus really needs to hope Roslovic finds some of that potential Winnipeg fans were excited about a couple years ago

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Winnipeg got a true 1B/2A center with a big frame and upside to become a Top10 C. They had a plethora of wingers and upgraded a need.
Columbus got the best player for now and one of the best snipers in the league. They also got a serviceable middle-6 player in Roslovic. Columbus lacks C-depth now, but got the better value. Not to mention the value Laine will bring in PR and merchandise sale...

I`d say Columbus won the trade but Winnipeg got a player they needed. This trade could eventually be a win-win in the end.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Columbus ended up with the best player with the most talent and upside so I guess hey won that trade but it still remains to be seen whether he can realize his potential in Columbus

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
On paper Columbus won. But Laine's character issues won't sit well with Torts.

the paisanos guy

the hell do i know about cooking a shirt?
Dec 6, 2010
Shouldn't the players in this trade play even a single game before anyone can even think about who won the trade?
Early predictions, a trade of this magnitude will be fun to revisit a couple years down the road.

Reactions: jonlin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad