Who won the the PLD/Laine trade?

Who won the PLD/Laine trade?

• Total voters

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Yeah you make trades. That's your job as a GM. If you can't get it done you're not very good at your job. I like the argument that you're argument is sitting on your hands is doing all they can

Then ya, like 90% of GMs aren't good at their job haha.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Then ya, like 90% of GMs aren't good at their job haha.

If they aren't trying to do anything about it then yeah.
Chevy signed awful contracts to guys like Little and Perreault who take up 9 mill together and can't move them due to NTC. If you can trade those two for some assets you're telling me 9mil cap space can't get it done?

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Laine had rhe same amount of assists as goals and had 96 checks last season. You sure you know what you're talking about?

Hit stats are useless indicators.
A guy who you have to start 65-70% of the time in the attacking zone, play with two stars to get near 50/50 goal splits only by the grace of a Vezina goalie isn’t someone who has many faces.

he’s a scorer. An elite one. Not much before or after that.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Hit stats are useless indicators.
A guy who you have to start 65-70% of the time in the attacking zone, play with two stars to get near 50/50 goal splits only by the grace of a Vezina goalie isn’t someone who has many faces.

he’s a scorer. An elite one. Not much before or after that.

Starting an offensive player like Laine in the offensive zone equals bad

Great insight

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
PLD is more of a sure thing for me where as Roslovic might top out as a 3rd line center and Laine might not work out in that environment. I think it favors CBJ for now because they got 2 NHL players vs 1 but it all depends how those 2 NHL players react to their new situations.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
In a vacuum Winnipeg gave up more value and the best player in the deal. But we'll see what happens past this season, and how PLD does in Winnipeg. Could see this trade going either way, a total win for either team, or a good hockey trade.

Puck Dogg

Puck life
Mar 13, 2006
Columbus for now. Laine has 140 NHL goals and is 22 years old. I'm not sure though are Blue Jackets the team he can best thrive in.

Reactions: Dache

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
CBJ took 3/4 points from Tampa after benching the guy they sent to the Jets

Proof when sit down to take a shit, the bigger turd you drop, the better you will play

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Value is about even, but I don't understand how the Jackets are going to play without a #1 center.

This could be a trade with no winners, but with one or more losers. Why isn't that an option?

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Well, I do think both players will succeed on their new clubs.

however, Laine is and will continue to be an elite goal scorer. He is going to put Columbus back into contention. They can already stop you from scoring, now they have a lethal and opportunistic shooting savant.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
The best player in this trade is still Laine.

Whether his Jets time was a blip on the radar or it is what it is, remains to be answered.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Even. Both teams did amazing given the circumstances.

CBJ gets rid of a disgruntled player impacting their team chemistry for a one of a kind goal scoring winger who is the same age.

WPG gets a two way puck possession C to have a 1-2 punch with Scheifele which is extremely important if you have cup aspirations. They can run Scheifele-Dubois-Stastny-Lowry.

Win-Win

Reactions: BKarchitect

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Columbus. By a landslide.

Laine is 22 and already has 140 goals and has one of the best shots in the world.

You don't trade away 40-goal scoring wingers for 50-point centers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad