Who wins the best of 5 between the Blue Jackets and the Leafs?

Who wins the best of 5?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Leafs imo,

Skill is miles ahead of the Jackets, what scared me initially (a few days ago when revealed by the NHL) was the Jackets physicality. They are a heavy team, but the Leafs have really improved in that regard under Dubas and Keefe (despite those who say Dubas only likes small players).

Since the Playoffs Last Year we have added:
- Kyle Clifford (enough said)
- Pierre Engvall - 6'5, 215 Lbs
- Ilya Mikheyev - 6'3, 200 Lbs

In addition to that:
- Auston Matthews - 6'3, 220 Lbs, developed a mean streak after acquiring Clifford, finishes his checks
- Kasperi Kapanen - 6'1, 200 Lbs, developed a mean streak after acquiring clifford, Nasty, isnt afraid to mix it up
- Zach Hyman - 6'1, 211 Lbs, will step up for teammates
- Jake Muzzin - 6'3, 217 Lbs, currently one of the meanest d-men in the game
- Morgan Rielly - 6'1, 220 Lbs, not afraid to step up for teammates/play physical
- Cody Ceci - 6'2, 210 Lbs, another big guy on the back end
- Fredrick Gauthier, 6'5, 250 Lbs, hopefully Clifford rubs off on him, could be a beast

Reactions: LeafsNation75

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
So as was said, it comes down to the goaltending.

I just have a hard time expecting that Elvis is actually going to get on a crazy hot streak. It could happen, i just don't think it's likely. And Anderson is a plenty capable goaltender in his own right.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I think its either relatively easy for Toronto like 3-1 or it goes to a game 5 amd whatever happens happens

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It really is too bad Anderson is injured for this series considering how internet leaf fans have been ripping on him all season.

Leafs imo,

Skill is miles ahead of the Jackets, what scared me initially (a few days ago when revealed by the NHL) was the Jackets physicality. They are a heavy team, but the Leafs have really improved in that regard under Dubas and Keefe (despite those who say Dubas only likes small players).

In addition to that:
- Auston Matthews - 6'3, 220 Lbs, developed a mean streak after acquiring Clifford, finishes his checks
- Kasperi Kapanen - 6'1, 200 Lbs, developed a mean streak after acquiring clifford, Nasty, isnt afraid to mix it up
- Morgan Rielly - 6'1, 220 Lbs, not afraid to step up for teammates/play physical
- Fredrick Gauthier, 6'5, 250 Lbs, hopefully Clifford rubs off on him, could be a beast
I was waiting on pins and needles for your prediction. I have to say im truly shocked at the result.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Part of me thinks that, with the layoff, the skilled teams are a bit of a disadvantage.

It's hard to get rid of all the rust that quickly in a five game series, no matter how much prep there is.
Agreed the teams that play with the most structure and dont relly on emotion will thrive.

Excellent point. I'm going with Toronto due to their 13 cup wins though, I feel it will really matter here
Yeah history trumps real playoff experience any day.

I was told throughout the late 90's and 2000's how valuable playoff experience is from leaf fans over and over again. Guess times have changed.

Last edited:

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016
Leafs imo,

In addition to that:

Oh man what a beastly and terrifying lineup. Reminds me of the Broad Street Bullies.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
It really is too bad Anderson is injured for this series considering how internet leaf fans have been ripping on him all season.

I was waiting on pins and needles for your prediction. I have to say im truly shocked at the result.
I think we can close the poll now that we have his objective prediction.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Leafs imo,

In addition to that:
So since the playoffs last year you’ve acquired no true impact players and you are trying to paint the Leafs as a big tough team? I think the Leafs still need to prove they can play through the physical play. It’s not a size issue but more a team commitment issue. Everyone needs to be willing to pay the price.
That’s what’s always impressed me about teams like the Bruins.

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Leafs imo,

In addition to that:

Muzzin, Kapanen, and Clifford I'll give you. I really hope for the Jackets' sake that Ceci is in the lineup, they could use some freebies. And Gauthier and Engvall aren't exactly scaring me, a 6'5 muffin is just a bigger target. You might be right that this is a different Leafs, I wouldn't know, but switching Kadri for Kerfoot tells me that Dubas just doesn't get it.

Josh Anderson? And this is a joke right, because the only thing I picked up from Leafs fans all season is a thirst to have Josh Anderson on their team.

Considering that the series will be in August at the earliest, there is a good chance he will be playing. Same boat for Johnsson.

Reactions: Michel Beauchamp

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Jackets are gonna sweep the big, tough Leafs. :D

When the Leafs suddenly became big and tough, I haven't a clue. But here we are....

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
For some reason I think the Leafs are going to come out strong in the playoffs. Picked them.

Not entirely sure why. I think the teams are relatively evenly matched.

SheldonJPlankton

Sponsor
Oct 30, 2006
I'll give my nod to Columbus.

One, it's been so long since Toronto has won a playoff series.
Two, in 2 out the last 3 Toronto playoffs, Toronto has fallen behind 3 games to 1. You can lose three games in a best of seven series and still be in the midst of it. Losing 3 games in a best of 5 series means you're out of contention.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Made by a leafs fan. The complex is strong.

Is he? Cause he made threads about the Leafs not making the playoffs and saying they’re the biggest joke team in the NHL after losing to the EBUG. Said he was a proud canes fan.

I feel like this thread is nothing more for someone to be like “see! The mean ol hockey forum hates my team :(“ nothing more.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Is he? Cause he made threads about the Leafs not making the playoffs and saying they’re the biggest joke team in the NHL after losing to the EBUG. Said he was a proud canes fan.

I feel like this thread is nothing more for someone to be like “see! The mean ol hockey forum hates my team :(“ nothing more.

Yes he’s a leafs fan. He is just insanely overreactional.

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
Everyone keeps making such a big deal about CBJ getting healthy and to an extent yes they will be better but no like people are imagining. They play the same structured style no matter who they have.

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
It’s also really hard for Columbus to jump right into their elite defensive “playoff” style game after such a long break. In the early parts of a new season, which this essentially is, offence runs wild, some Toronto has. Leafs in 4

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
I think it will 100% come down to Andersen's preformance

This is basically my take.

Based on where we left off the advantage the Jackets have in goal, the most important position of all, is where I see them potentially winning this series. I don't have faith in Frederik Andersen to be the "closer" winning teams need.

if Andersen can match the Jackets tending I see the Leafs taking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad