Who wins cup first. Oilers. Flames. Canucks.

Who wins cup first. Oilers. Flames. Canucks.

• Total voters

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
None of them.

Sadly the Flames are probably the closest.
How close are they? Maybe close to winning an extra game to get to a game 7 but definitely not a series. That flames core has been tested a few years and we have seen just about enough. We saw what Draisaitl did in his first dance. I doubt he will fall short of his previous performance in the future. He got bigger, stronger, and smarter the past 2 seasons. Give him another shot. Mcdavid is the wild card. He did not do much in his first time. He was only a tad better than Slepyshev and Eberle. The only thing i remembered about Mcdavid in the playoffs is his crying and whining. He did score a beauty against the ducks at home but that was about it. He did jack when Draisaitl ran up the score in game 6.

The canucks could do some damage with Horvat. Petterson on the other hand, not sure. Will he be like cry baby Gaudreau? Or Gretzky-lite?

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
He's the one in the foreground.
Don't remember him playing for the Oilers.
"Look at our most recent (I use that word loosely) runs......Kipper - stood on his head. Roloson - stood on his head. A couple years ago it was Talbot doing it."

Last edited:

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
How close are they? Maybe close to winning an extra game to get to a game 7 but definitely not a series. That flames core has been tested a few years and we have seen just about enough. We saw what Draisaitl did in his first dance. I doubt he will fall short of his previous performance in the future. He got bigger, stronger, and smarter the past 2 seasons. Give him another shot. Mcdavid is the wild card. He did not do much in his first time. He was only a tad better than Slepyshev and Eberle. The only thing i remembered about Mcdavid in the playoffs is his crying and whining. He did score a beauty against the ducks at home but that was about it. He did jack when Draisaitl ran up the score in game 6.

The canucks could do some damage with Horvat. Petterson on the other hand, not sure. Will he be like cry baby Gaudreau? Or Gretzky-lite?
McDavid and Draisatl are great. Unfortunately there's the rest of the roster to worry about. The Flames are the closest by virtue of being a playoff team, something that the Oilers and Canucks aren't.

Hell we finished behind Vancouver this year. How awful is that?

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
This isn’t even bias, but if they reserved the 16th playoff spot of the regular season for the Oilers (which obviously they won’t) than I think Oilers have a better chance than people think.

I know making the playoffs is part of winning the cup and Oilers have shown great inability to make the playoffs, but if we get there, we have the best player on the ice for over a third of the game.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Don't remember him playing for the Oilers.
"Look at our most recent (I use that word loosely) runs......Kipper - stood on his head. Roloson - stood on his head. A couple years ago it was Talbot doing it."

Calgary Flames. Him and Dion Phaneuf enjoying a few brews, cancer sticks and some company upstairs at Cowboys, probably from 2004.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
McDavid and Draisatl are great. Unfortunately there's the rest of the roster to worry about. The Flames are the closest by virtue of being a playoff team, something that the Oilers and Canucks aren't.

Hell we finished behind Vancouver this year. How awful is that?

Shit can also change in a hurry.

24 months ago the Oilers were a Cup contender and Colorado was the biggest tire fire in the league.

Calgary went out in the 1st round like chumps, so I guess that's stayed constant.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
**** can also change in a hurry.

24 months ago the Oilers were a Cup contender and Colorado was the biggest tire fire in the league.

Calgary went out in the 1st round like chumps, so I guess that's stayed constant.
Well we've seen this shit for 12 out of 13 years. without significant change it's going to be 13 out of 14.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Well we've seen this **** for 12 out of 13 years. without significant change it's going to be 13 out of 14.

You've had a healthy McDavid for 3 years, anything prior to that is pointless as the Oilers never had anywhere close to that level of player.

1 year being good, 2 being crap. Which is about right when you factor in Chiarelli was a moron.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
You've had a healthy McDavid for 3 years, anything prior to that is pointless as the Oilers never had anywhere close to that level of player.

1 year being good, 2 being crap. Which is about right when you factor in Chiarelli was a moron.
As we quickly learned a healthy McDavid isn't enough.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
As we quickly learned a healthy McDavid isn't enough.

No it isn't when you have the dumbest GM on the planet. In that case having a 1985 Wayne Gretzky probably isn't enough. Give Connor even a blind squirrel that can find a nut once in a while GM and they're in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad