Who wins cup first. Oilers. Flames. Canucks.

Who wins cup first. Oilers. Flames. Canucks.

• Total voters

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I say Oilers. We have McDavid and Draisaitl. With that as a base, we don't really even need a true #1D to win the cup. We just need some passable players to fill the gaps in the lineup. If we did that, and then maybe added a great rental at the deadline, we'd be a top contender pretty quickly.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
My homer vote is obviously Edmonton but I honestly believe that. We have Mcdavid and Draisaitl which is a tier above what Calgary and Vancouver have. The new GM just needs to surround them with the proper depth players.

Apathetic

Oct 29, 2010
Downtown
Edmonton - No chance with the old boys club around (so will be at least 10+ years)
Calgary - No chance with Gaudreau / Monahan leading their offence (barring a trade will be 8+ years)
Vancouver - Have a good young group, Hughes will be huge for them. They are a couple years away but at least have a chance so going with Vancouver here.

Reactions: I am the Liquor

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Oilers lost a couple years with Chia and the club. If they continue down their path, I think they will be behind Vancouver.
I'll say Canucks, Oilers then the Flames, hopefully followed by Tronto in 2167. To celebrate 300 years of Canadian heritage.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Edmonton - No chance with the old boys club around (so will be at least 10+ years)
Calgary - No chance with Gaudreau / Monahan leading their offence (barring a trade will be 8+ years)
Vancouver - Have a good young group, Hughes will be huge for them. They are a couple years away but at least have a chance so going with Vancouver here.
Quinn Hughes? I doubt it. I know everyone loves him.

Reactions: Tw0Shoes

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Close between the Oilers and Canucks. Both have great building blocks, but need a surrounding cast. Voted Oilers.

Flames need a giant shakeup.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
I'm gonna guess I'll be dead and buried before any of them win a cup.
PointUp.gif

I have also accepted this fact.

Reactions: Bun Cook

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
My homer vote is obviously Edmonton but I honestly believe that. We have Mcdavid and Draisaitl which is a tier above what Calgary and Vancouver have. The new GM just needs to surround them with the proper depth players.

This. The average of our top 3 centres was 40-57-97. We might need a serious overhaul on the wings, but we have the core pieces to build around. Calgary is a better team, but they’re going to have a harder time finding the pieces to get over the hump. Vancouver is kind of the worst of both worlds. They’ve got 3 60-70 point guys, and then a whole bunch of meh.

Gordian Knot

Jul 3, 2016
Flames won’t win in Saddledumb.
Vancouver needs triplets - twins were not enough.
Oilers are far away from the cup but still closest of the bunch.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Close between the Oilers and Canucks. Both have great building blocks, but need a surrounding cast. Voted Oilers.

Flames need a giant shakeup.

"Giant" shakeup is overstating it just a tad. They will need to make a decision on Gaudreau in the next couple years, Giordano isn't getting any younger but doesn't seem to be slowing down either. Goal might be an issue if they don't trust Rittich.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Calgary will need multiple career years from their players, just as in 1989.

Vancouver haven't won since 1915 with the Millionaires. Not much since.

The Oilers are adding to the foundation. They'll win within the next 5 years.

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
I'll actually say the Flames. They don't have much of a window at all. Gio and Smith are nearing their ends. Without Gio, all of a sudden that blueline looks a little shaky. Lindholm will probably regress, Backlund and Frolik aren't getting younger. Aside from Valimaki, and perhaps Dube and Kylington, there's not much in the pipeline. I think they go for bank this off-season, throw crazy money at Stone, off-load Brodie for a top sixer, get into a cap crunch and make a desperation run.
Aside from them, the Canucks are in a much better place organizationally speaking to hoist.
Then there's the Oilers. I mean, I'm optimistic we'll see McDavid win a cup with us, but, probably not for a few years yet.

Last edited:

barry halls

Nov 13, 2018
Centers of McDavid's calibre pretty much always manage to lead their team to a cup. It's gonna happen in the next decade, I'm keeping the faith :nod:

Fmrnuckfan95

Dec 16, 2018
Edmonton
If the oilers make the playoffs and mcdavid and Drai go on a streak they'd be really tough to stop. The key is making the playoffs, seed doesn't matter .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad