Who will win the Calder this season?

member 105785

CBC full steam on the hype train on Pettersson. They were doing hilights and discussing who they co.pare Pettersson to...

Kypreos- Joe Sakic
Hrudey - Peter Forsberg
David Amber - Paul Kariya
CBC announcer ( name escsapes me)- Pavel Datsyuk

Geez i get it , Pettersson is tied for league scoring right now but comparing him to hall of famers this early is premature.

Hows other rookies doing ??

We got to hear this same thing with Laine, Eichel, Monahan, Hall, Yakupov, Marner, Matthews and plenty of other high picks from Canadian teams

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
What about Dahlin ?

Dahlin im sure will have a very good season but other than hype I just don't see how he would beat out Pettersson if Pettersson puts up even 60+ points (I think he will put up more honestly). Calder is largely based on points and Pettersson will for sure put up a lot of those.

Guys like Dahlin and Heiskanen could easily have great seasons and become #1 dmen, but unless they're putting up 40+ points I just don't see them having a shot at the Calder, and even then they may not.

I'm sure they'll get nominated though if they do have very good seasons. Dmen playing good defensively but not putting up a ton of points likely won't get noticed. Dahlin maybe If he gets first PP time

Reactions: Dynamite Time

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
'Harry Joker' of the Blackhawks. Jokiharju won't win the Calder, but the kid has 'it' to be a top pairing DMen for a legit championship contender in a couple of years.

Reactions: Blackhawk93

member 105785

What about Dahlin ?

it's too hard for D to win the calder, most aren't flashy enough. Since 2000 there's been the same number of goalies who have won as defenders.

Ekblad (beating Stone and Gaudreau), Myers (beating Duchene and Jimmy Howard) and Barrett Jackman (beating Zetterberg and Nash) on D with Mason (beating Ryan and Versteeg), Raycroft (beating Ryder and Trent Hunter) and Nabokov (beating Havlat and Brad Richards) in net.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
It's up to grab for Pettersson obviously, but lets not forget guys like Mittelstadt or Tyler Bertuzzi, even if I'm not sure Bert is Calder eligible?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Brady T will turn a few heads Iam sure ,but that kids Van has is the early favorite

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Calder's is Pettersson's. As great as Heiskanen is, he will probably score around 30-35 points this year, which is not going to be enough.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Anyone but Petterson winning would suprise me . He's great and also in an ideal position for him to showcase his talents every night to the hockey media .

serp

Jan 17, 2016
It's up to grab for Pettersson obviously, but lets not forget guys like Mittelstadt or Tyler Bertuzzi, even if I'm not sure Bert is Calder eligible?

Bertuzzi played 48 games last season. He's not a rookie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad