Who will win the Calder this season?

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Anyone but Petterson winning would suprise me . He's great and also in an ideal position for him to showcase his talents every night to the hockey media .

I disagree w. This.

Hockey media is in the East and Van home games dont start till 10pm EST.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I disagree w. This.

Sure its not Toronto or Boston but you're not completely flying under the radar in Vancouver like you do in say Carolina , Columbus or Arizona .

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Warren Foegele is a notable one but not Yamamoto?

Interesting.

y'all were sleeping on warren fogel smh

Superbad-Fogell-christopher-mintz-plasse-5274699-1200-800.jpg

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
I disagree w. This.

Boeser was overhyped all season last year. Going by how much undeserved hype a one dimensional, defensive liability who can't skate, and played for a bottom-feeder team where the numerous flaws of his game were masked, got last year the calder is definitely EP's to lose. That being said EP is so much better than Boeser it would be an insult to EP to compare Boeser to him, just as it was an insult to Barzal and last years other top rookies to compare Boeser to them. I wouldn't be surprised if tunnel vision doesn't even break 50 points this season.

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England
Boeser was overhyped all season last year. Going by how much undeserved hype a one dimensional, defensive liability who can't skate, and played for a bottom-feeder team where the numerous flaws of his game were masked, got last year the calder is definitely EP's to lose. That being said EP is so much better than Boeser it would be an insult to EP to compare Boeser to him, just as it was an insult to Barzal and last years other top rookies to compare Boeser to them. I wouldn't be surprised if tunnel vision doesn't even break 50 points this season.
Thanks for that. Completely wrong, but thanks.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Lol this is bad.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
A few really goid rookies so far. EP has my vote with Haisk following.
Can't remember the last time a raw rookie looked that electrifying to me.
Can he sustain is the question.

Reactions: Kreator

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
A few really goid rookies so far. EP has my vote with Haisk following.
Can't remember the last time a raw rookie looked that electrifying to me.
Can he sustain is the question.

Once teams realize how good he is they will do their best to shut him down. He's just so damn talented though he will probably find a way to get around it. That past to Goldobin last game between his legs and behind his back was just ridiculous while having 2 dmen on him. Will be interesting to see how he performs once they target him directly. Hope he doesn't get injured

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
This Jokiharju guy is really good. Chicago with yet another good pick. I remember hoping that he'd be available with our 33rd pick in that year but Hawks took em.

Guy's offensive prowess is evident. His play reminds me of Doughty.

Feb 24, 2017
Once teams realize how good he is they will do their best to shut him down. He's just so damn talented though he will probably find a way to get around it. That past to Goldobin last game between his legs and behind his back was just ridiculous while having 2 dmen on him. Will be interesting to see how he performs once they target him directly. Hope he doesn't get injured
Maybe we will be told to “get a room” or whatever, but I’m about to heap praise on your Heiskanen now. I just watched that video showing his first nhl shift. Wowzers. I hope Hughes can look like that in his first game one day.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
This Jokiharju guy is really good. Chicago with yet another good pick. I remember hoping that he'd be available with our 33rd pick in that year but Hawks took em.

Guy's offensive prowess is evident. His play reminds me of Doughty.
Really? Thats no good, Chicago doesnt need a Kieth replacement :(

Reactions: Nucky10

hockeeyyy

Sep 29, 2017
I really like what I'm seeing from Jokiharju, but Pettersson looks great to start the season too. Obviously, it's the first week of the season, but Svechnikov really intrigues me too. He's not quite comfortable yet, but I can his physical attributes carrying him through the tougher parts of the season where Pettersson will likely fade a bit.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I really like what I'm seeing from Jokiharju, but Pettersson looks great to start the season too. Obviously, it's the first week of the season, but Svechnikov really intrigues me too. He's not quite comfortable yet, but I can his physical attributes carrying him through the tougher parts of the season where Pettersson will likely fade a bit.
Heiskanen too. People are SLEEPING on Heiskanen

Reactions: LAINEC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad