Who will score more?

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
2 of those guys are in Providence.

My point was that they would have moved Pevs anyway, and that they could have freed up cap space by dealing Kelly as well. I'm also constantly told how valuable Kelly types are so I'm guessing we could have gotten a Matt Fraser and Reilly Smith for those two.

Kelly full ntc
Seguin nothing

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
as for the poll easily Pevs and Segs. It was pretty easy to assume Segs would potentially excel in Dallas with a bigger role and a more offensive minded team. Pevs also having a bigger role helps that as well.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
As long as Bergy and Krejci are here, the Seguin trade was necessary IMO. I still believe Seguin is a natural center and the best position for him. We gained a top six two-way right winger, along with Reilly Smith who has proven to be a top nine forward. Not to mention a top four D prospect along with a likely future NHL forward in Mark Fraser. This trade improved our depth organizationally, netted us two perfect Bruin-like players, and we ended up saving a good deal amount of cap space to boot.

Still think Seguin will be a 70-80 point center, but I still do the trade 10 times out of 10. Only way I can see not doing it is if Seguin takes that next "step" and shows some balls in the corners, and the compete level to win 1 on 1 battles, and becomes that "franchise center" that everyone knows he COULD be.

Still though, I don't think our team has suffered one bit, and if Morrow ever does anything, it could end up being a fantastic deal for us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad