Who will have more points next season? Kappo Kakko or Alexis Lafreniere?

Who will have more points next season? Kakko or Lafreniere?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I imagine they’ll be fairly even this season, but I anticipate Laf will finish higher. Kappo could go Svechnikov on us and flip that around. Wouldn’t be complaining a bit.

Reactions: Larrybiv

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
this is so ridiculous....Laff has not played a single NHL game , so how on earth can you predict how many points he will put up ? can you predict the lotto numbers for this week ?
What's ridiculous is you have been here for 12 years and haven't realized this is a board of posters discussing things past, present, and future. Are you really throwing a fit over people predicting point totals for a player in an upcoming season?

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I could see both hovering around the 40-50 point range.m but ultimately went with Laf.

I’m of the opinion that Laf doesn’t become the player he can become until his 3rd pro season. Something like the MacKinnon timeline.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
If Lafrenière’s nickname becomes Alf, I’ll immediately move to Sri Lanka, become a monk, and never watch hockey or have an orgasm ever again.
tenor.gif

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Well theres no way Laf will get to play with Panarin because they play the same position, so Kakko has the inside track.
Like I’ve said, wingers switching sides happens all the time for small stretches. And we’re also assuming Panarin and Zibanejad will be separated for the entire season. Kakko should be better than Fast, but Fast did play with Panarin most of the year and his production stayed like exactly the same.

1st overall picks usually produce regardless of who their teammates are. But yeah if Kakko plays with Panarin for most of the year then it could be very interesting.

Last edited:

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I put his performance down to fatigue and youth. He was arguably our best forward after he replaced Fast in the play-in.

So, while I have no doubt that he'll get shuffled at various points throughout the season, as always happens, I am anticipating that he'll spend the majority of his time opposite wing.

I could certainly be wrong!
I’m not worried about Kakko progressing, just calling a spade a spade. He was really bad until proven otherwise.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I think Kakko is going to be good but I’m not sure he’s going to be a huge point producer. Similar to Kreider in that he can be a threat and a valuable player but maybe more like a 50-60 point player when he puts it together.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I imagine they’ll be fairly even this season, but I anticipate Laf will finish higher. Kappo could go Svechnikov on us and flip that around. Wouldn’t be complaining a bit.
Really "could" happen. Prior to the break, I think we witnessed a passive, exasperated and somewhat overwhelmed "kid".
After the break he was a determined, stronger and more confident "Man". With a sprinkle of anger. If that continues, I could see KK outscoring Laf, as it would be his 2nd year to Laf's 1st. There has "got to be" that adjustment period which would give KK a little bit of an edge.
Regardless, if KK DOES outscore Laf.......that would bode VERY WELL for our Rangers, because you KNOW Laf will get his.

Reactions: Daves a mess

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Kakko should play w Panarin so it will be close .... we can only hope!

I think this would be the only wrinkle to Kakko outscoring Laf. We're talking about an admittedly super talented F trying to put up more points than a generational talent.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Voted for Lafreniere since it seems more like a sure fire thing he'll be in the top 6 very soon. Too many have speculated that someone will move to the right side most likely or Kreider will be on the 3rd line.

I think Kakko is going to get close to around 40 points this season. He'll get opportunities to play in the top 6 as well, but I can see a substantial amount of time on the 3rd line, especially if Kreider moves over.

Governor

Nov 8, 2019
I think this would be the only wrinkle to Kakko outscoring Laf. We're talking about an admittedly super talented F trying to put up more points than a generational talent.
Is Laf actually generational, or more franchise level? I see both terms used to describe him every now and then and am not entirely sure which best suits him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad