Who will finish top 5 and bottom 5 at the end of 2019?

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
If Buffalo isn't at least fighting for a playoff spot next year i give up. I don't expect them to turn it around over night, but they shouldn't have been that bad this year. If Housley didn't have them in decent shape by Thanksgiving hopefully he is given the axe and everyone besides Dahlin and Eichel can go. That Saud they probably aren't a playoff team next year unless Ullmark shows he's the answer early on.

Winnipeg
Tampa
Nashville
Vegas
Boston/Pittsburgh

Bottom
Detroit
Montreal
Arizona
Isles
Vancouver (and I hope they get 1oa finally)

I honestly don't think Buffalo will be fighting for a playoff spot next year. I doubt a single player can have such an impact, especially when 18 year old defenceman in general rarely make a big impact.

No need to give up though. Dahlin changes the whole outlook on the future.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Montreal Detroit and Vancouver should just automatically be placed at the bottom.

Yes yes we finished 31st but it’s true lol.

Vancouver should have a fun time without the sedins the first year.

Boeser horvat and the additions of Pettersson Gaudette Demko? Will be good Juolevi is probably not ready but I just think they have a few years at the bottom.

Maybe they will win he 2019 draft at home jack Hughes.

Detroit has pieces montreal is just awful and Arizona is bad.

The islanders defense sucks

And fifth I dunno hopefully not us...damn there’s not many bad teams.

I’ll say New Jersey. I think they fall back down after they take the steroids out of halls locker. Could also see the avalanche falling down again

I actually don’t think the rangers will be that bad they’ve got great pieces and some great players and still a great goalie.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I’d like for us to be bottom 5 (we need high end players, picking top 5 will help) but we’re most likely a fringe playoff team. We should be better than we were this year and even after the draft when we sold off some guys we played very well(for that team)

Kreider-Zib-Fast
Kovalchuk-Chytil-Buch
Lias-Hayes-Zucc/Spooner
Vesey-Vladdy?-4th liner

Skjei-Deangelo
Smith-Shatty
Staal-Pionk

Hank
Georgiev

With a new coach as well (who hopefully doesn’t play man to man defense) that’s a fringe playoff team, no way it’s bottom 5
With a weak defense and a declining goaltender, good luck to being a fringe playoff team.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Montreal Detroit and Vancouver should just automatically be placed at the bottom.

Yes yes we finished 31st but it’s true lol.

Vancouver should have a fun time without the sedins the first year.

Boeser horvat and the additions of Pettersson Gaudette Demko? Will be good Juolevi is probably not ready but I just think they have a few years at the bottom.

Maybe they will win he 2019 draft at home jack Hughes.

Detroit has pieces montreal is just awful and Arizona is bad.

The islanders defense sucks

And fifth I dunno hopefully not us...damn there’s not many bad teams.

I’ll say New Jersey. I think they fall back down after they take the steroids out of halls locker. Could also see the avalanche falling down again

I actually don’t think the rangers will be that bad they’ve got great pieces and some great players and still a great goalie.
Arizona was one of the best teams since January 1st when they got a healthy raanta back. Don't be surprised if they are contending for. Playoff spot.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
I honestly don't think Buffalo will be fighting for a playoff spot next year. I doubt a single player can have such an impact, especially when 18 year old defenceman in general rarely make a big impact.

No need to give up though. Dahlin changes the whole outlook on the future.

fighting for, as in playing meaningful hockey at Thanksgiving/Christmas. Our season this year was over before it began.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Top 5"
Leafs
Nashville
Tampa
Boston
Florida

Bottom:
Islanders
Kings
Vegas
Habs
Wings

razor ray

May 8, 2011
Mike
Don't worry about free agency, it won't move the needle that much. The only wild card is Tavares though.

Good point but might move the Islanders to the bottom 5.

Jets
Preds
Leafs
Bruins
T Bay

Wings
Islanders (no JT)
Van
Minn
AZ

Bad teams....I think the Habs healthy will be better as will the Sens. AZ had a nice run the last couple months their young team is getting more experience but will still probably be toward the bottom.

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
canucks fan here ...dont see how any team finishes lower than them next year
no Sedins, no Vanek, best D Edler & Tanev older, no sure fire rookies coming (Petterson best, but impact right away?)
love Boeser, but sophmore slump likely
further you could make the case that guys like DelZotto over-performed...
Goaltending is pretty weak too ..
Arizona, Buffalo, Carolina ..all these teams have better pieces and have better odds of improving, IMO
the Canucks depth at C is currently: Horvat, Sutter, Gagner, Gaunce .... sweet weeping baby jesus

so setting my expectations appropriately, i expect them to finish 31st and draft 3rd

torniojaws

Jan 10, 2017
Finland
Top 5:
- Pittsburgh
- Nashville
- Tampa Bay
- Los Angeles
- Vegas

Bottom 5:
- Buffalo
- Ottawa
- Edmonton
- Rangers
- Florida

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Shouldn't we wait for free agency and the draft before we make these predictions?
Nah, I think it is fun to revisit these kind of threads. A lot can change during that time and looking back to this thread can be dntertaining. Some teams might really implode.

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014
Haha, my phi and col picks are pretty random but no one really knows. I just think mack might come back a little.

Who's picks do they own?
Ottawas. And who know fr. I just doubt they get worse man. They’re the youngest team in the league. I feel they can only get better

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Top-5
---------
Tampa Bay
Nashville
Winnipeg
Columbus
Pittsburgh

Bottom-5
---------------
New Jersey
Ottawa
Detroit
Chicago
Vancouver

Richardbro

Jul 22, 2009
Toronto
2019 standings

East

Boston
Tampa
Columbus
Washington
Devils
Pitsburgh
Maple Leafs
Carolina
________
Flyers
Sabres
Panthers
Ottawa
Islanders
Montreal
Rangers
Red Wings

West

Jets
Preds
Sharks
Kings
Flames
Oilers
Avalanche
Golden Knights

________

Stars
Blackhawks
Wild
Ducks
Blues
Coyotes
Canucks

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Ottawas. And who know fr. I just doubt they get worse man. They’re the youngest team in the league. I feel they can only get better

Hey your 99% right. I just picked random teams and I don't think chi will be as bad, central is the best division in the league imo.

Honestly as long as the oilers are in the playoffs, I'll eat as much crow as you want. I can't handle anymore lottery picks

HockeyAnalystGenius

Jun 15, 2017
Top: 5

Toronto
LAS Vegas
Emdonton
NashVille (Tennessee)
Boston Bruins.

Bottom 5:

Winnpeg (anomalous year)
Vancuover
Ottowa