Who will finish top 5 and bottom 5 at the end of 2019?

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Top is Nashville Winnipeg Boston Pittsburgh and Tampa bay

Bottom is Detroit rangers islanders calgary and Vancouver

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
red wings are basically the only for sure bottom 5 team at this point unless for some reason tavares signs there for like 2 million dollars

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Bottom 5:
- Buffalo
- Vancouver
- Detroit
- Ottawa
- NYI (Unless they get a starter)

Top 5:
- Tampa Bay
- Nashville
- Boston
- Washington
- San Jose

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Top is Nashville Winnipeg Boston Pittsburgh and Tampa bay

Bottom is Detroit rangers islanders calgary and Vancouver
I’d like for us to be bottom 5 (we need high end players, picking top 5 will help) but we’re most likely a fringe playoff team. We should be better than we were this year and even after the draft when we sold off some guys we played very well(for that team)

Kreider-Zib-Fast
Kovalchuk-Chytil-Buch
Lias-Hayes-Zucc/Spooner
Vesey-Vladdy?-4th liner

Skjei-Deangelo
Smith-Shatty
Staal-Pionk

Hank
Georgiev

With a new coach as well (who hopefully doesn’t play man to man defense) that’s a fringe playoff team, no way it’s bottom 5

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I’d like for us to be bottom 5 (we need high end players, picking top 5 will help) but we’re most likely a fringe playoff team. We should be better than we were this year and even after the draft when we sold off some guys we played very well(for that team)

Kreider-Zib-Fast
Kovalchuk-Chytil-Buch
Lias-Hayes-Zucc/Spooner
Vesey-Vladdy?-4th liner

Skjei-Deangelo
Smith-Shatty
Staal-Pionk

Hank
Georgiev

With a new coach as well (who hopefully doesn’t play man to man defense) that’s a fringe playoff team, no way it’s bottom 5

I just cant see that team seriously contending for a playoff spot. That said, I felt the same about Jersey and Vegas this year, so who knows?

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I just cant see that team seriously contending for a playoff spot. That said, I felt the same about Jersey and Vegas this year, so who knows?
Not a serious threat for playoffs but we were pretty close this year before the big sell off. Like I said I’m hoping we really are bottom 5 but this team is too good to be that bad and not good enough to be in the playoffs. Seeing this team without AV will be interesting, we should most likely be better with almost any coach. After the deadline this team was pretty good relative to expectations. Hayes/Kreider/Pionk/Spooner/Zib/Fast/Skjei were all lighting it up and Chytil and Lias were playing great. A healthy Shatty helps as he was injured the whole season and Deangelo looked good. Hopefully this new coach properly utilizes Buch instead of giving him the 3rd lowest TOI on the team like AV did, which Buch even said killed his confidence being bounced around the lineup. Hayes looked like a legit two way 1C (obviously not going to stay that way but he played at that level)

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
I don’t want to be a fringe playoff team. I want Jack Hughes. I know the Rangers will get my hopes up, probably starting the year off going 10-1, then just tear my heart out. Don’t put me through that. Just give me Hughes

Reactions: daddy

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Bottom will be buffalo, detroit, nyr, montreal, and (bold prediction) anaheim

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa

Kreider-Zib-Fast
Kovalchuk-Chytil-Buch
Lias-Hayes-Zucc/Spooner
Vesey-Vladdy?-4th liner

Skjei-Deangelo
Smith-Shatty
Staal-Pionk

Hank
Georgiev

That's a bottom 5 defence, the husk of Lundqvist, and a bunch of good but unspectacular forwards (which is what NYR have had for years). The Rags were terrible with McDonagh and now are without a #1D. DeAngelo on your first pairing is not even close to bubble territory.

Top5 (no order)

Boston
Tampa
Toronto
Winnipeg
Shot in the dark because I have no idea: Colorado

Bottom 5 (no order)

Montreal
NYI(if the keep Tavares change to NYR)
Ottawa (if they keep Karlsson they're fine)
Blackhawks
Sabres

Swing team that could be either: St Louis

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
That's a bottom 5 defence, the husk of Lundqvist, and a bunch of good but unspectacular forwards (which is what NYR have had for years). The Rags were terrible with McDonagh and now are without a #1D. DeAngelo on your first pairing is not even close to bubble territory.

Top5 (no order)

Boston
Tampa
Toronto
Winnipeg
Shot in the dark because I have no idea: Colorado

Bottom 5 (no order)

Montreal
NYI(if the keep Tavares change to NYR)
Ottawa (if they keep Karlsson they're fine)
Blackhawks
Sabres

Swing team that could be either: St Louis
Lundqvist has had a really good bounce back year not sure what you mean and now he won’t have a coach that plays the 2nd worst defensive system in the league
We played better without McDonagh and having Shatty back who was looking good with us will be a huge plus, Skjei’s improved play after McDonagh was traded was really good
Only put Deangelo there because him and Skjei looked good, doubt that’s the actual pairing next year but I liked what I saw from Deangelo. Unless we trade off a lot of guys and suffer from injuries next year, that’s not a bottom 5 team.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
If Buffalo isn't at least fighting for a playoff spot next year i give up. I don't expect them to turn it around over night, but they shouldn't have been that bad this year. If Housley didn't have them in decent shape by Thanksgiving hopefully he is given the axe and everyone besides Dahlin and Eichel can go. That Saud they probably aren't a playoff team next year unless Ullmark shows he's the answer early on.

Winnipeg
Tampa
Nashville
Vegas
Boston/Pittsburgh

Bottom
Detroit
Montreal
Arizona
Isles
Vancouver (and I hope they get 1oa finally)

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Top 5

Jets
Leafs
Oilers
Lightning
Bruins

Bottom 5

Vegas
Arizona
Vancouver
Rangers
Islanders

I love what the Knights have done this year and am rooting for them, in the playoffs, I just have a sneaky suspicion that they come crashing down to earth hard next year. Everyone has been wrong about them this year, so I am sure I will be next year.

Habs honestly could be in the top 5 or bottom 5 but will probably fall some where in the middle.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

Kreider-Zib-Fast
Kovalchuk-Chytil-Buch
Lias-Hayes-Zucc/Spooner
Vesey-Vladdy?-4th liner

Skjei-Deangelo
Smith-Shatty
Staal-Pionk

Hank
Georgiev

Jesus tap-dancing Christ, that defense...

Forward corps is f***ing lit though. I agree not bottom 5. The Rangers just finished 31st in CF% two standard deviations below 30th. Still not bottom 5. They can't possibly be any worse than they are.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Also, ironic that we just played about 25 games with Pionk/Sproul/Gilmour on the top pair but people will freak out about DeAgenlo being there.

DeAngelo could have a Norris-level season and he would still be terrible. He's already been condemned for no reason.

Meanwhile, Pionk could kill a baby at center ice and people would still think he's great.

I'll never understand how that works for some players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad