Who will be the next Habs coach?

durojean

May 29, 2007
I'd like a trio of Hartley / Boucher / Bouchard.

I don't want to lose Bouchard

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
A bit off topic, but Perron was a tyrant, according to many of his former players...Nilan especially had a very public feud with him...

Have you ever seen Nilan in person? The guy acts like a massive douche. I'm not saying Perron is a Saint. But Nilan was definitely a high-maintenance player.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Have you ever seen Nilan in person? The guy acts like a massive douche. I'm not saying Perron is a Saint. But Nilan was definitely a high-maintenance player.

Met Nilan back in 2017 at an Old Timers game, got him to sign my Cammelleri Centennial jersey and even snapped a few pics; seemed like a really nice guy in the few minutes I talked to him...but it was just a few minutes so it's not like we talked for hours or anything...

sharknado

Aug 22, 2014
Oui, but he’s not francais and they won’t do that. I’m being realistic.
And it did work in Colorado - Jack Adams year 1

Maybe us fans should protest or stop watching their games until this mentality changes. Why is it OK for that one racist French reporter to talk to the players in English via zoom but not with the coach?

Has anyone in the habs org realized that we won 22 cups with the best coach available and only 2 cups in the last 40 years with the best French coach available?

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Oui, but he’s not francais and they won’t do that. I’m being realistic.
And it did work in Colorado - Jack Adams year 1

One year and ended up in a shit show the 2nd.....Many won the Jack Adams and were not consider a good coach.
If we need absolutely a french coach, I consider Hartley and Vincent the next in line.

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
We need an offensive minded coach. I would hire Boucher, if not head coach at least for the powerplay.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Not DD would be a good start.

Torts? Roy ? Your killing me guys.

I want a coach who would have had KK, Romanov and CC in the line up fame 1 if the post season, and then added Gustafsson to inject some offense by game 3.

I want a more players coach.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Grand Admiral Thrawn could be coach and it wouldn't change a damn thing.

You put lipstick on a pig... it's still a pig.

No elite talent so no chance of real success in this league regardless of who is coaching.

Last edited:
Reactions: DAChampion

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Tortorella HC
Gorton GM

Prioritize Caufield, Poehling in the lineup next year, Harris, Strubble, Smith & Tuch after that...

Turn the "bleu blanc rouge" into the "red white & blue", watch the French media implode

Would at least be fun to watch the fireworks :lol:

It would also be funny to listen to non-athletes like Wilde, Arpon and McKenna boohooing whenever Torts benches a player.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Gallant or Boudreau, enough of hiring defensive coaches.

We aren't winning anything soon but both are well liked by players and try to get the most out of their team instead of playing not to lose.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I just want a coach that focuses on offense for once. Please. It's been over a decade of putrid hockey.

Corson27

Oct 30, 2016
Grand Admiral Thrawn could be coach and it wouldn't change a damn thing.

You put lipstick on a pig... it's still a pig.

No elite talent so no chance of real success in this league regardless of who is coaching.
Many other teams do not have "elite" talent, yet they compete hard. Habs have enough good pieces that they shouldn't be getting humiliated against a Leafs team without JT, and with MM and AM who, for all intents and purposes, have not impacted this series. It's been the same problem since at least the playoff series with the Rangers, and in many of the recent regular seasons too.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Hire whoever you like....but one thing for sure, the best coach out there is never coming back.

Ducharm was a downgrade to Julien.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad