Who will be the first coach to get fired?

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
I hope it's Carlyle. I don't really think it will be because he's Bob's buddy, but Im hoping

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Capuano should not be fired if the Isles get sunk this year. It should be Snow. Odds are if the Isles suck its going to be the offense, its been the offense so far, the goaltending and defense and PK have been good minus the Rangers game. Snow had the chance to pull the trigger on a Hamonic for Hall deal and didn't, ultimately he should be the one fired if this goes bad, but its always easier to fire the coach.

LetsGoIslanders

Mar 6, 2005
NYC
Wouldn't surprise me if Jarmo follows him at seasons end.

It was always fun to listen how Jarmo and Davidson were outsmarting everyone. CBJ was the best team on the rise.

Jarmo is either going to be coaching or scouting in Finland next season. What an epic fail.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
It's funny to read.people who don't watch more then the required amount of cbj games where they play your team a season spout off their opinions. I get the Torts hate because it's what everyone does. It'd the same as if you know nothing about hockey say Crosby is a crybaby and make fun of toews tangibles. If you repeat everyone else it seems like you know what you are talking about. Torts has improved our team by levels and the only fans that don't like him are the ones that hated him before we got him. He has given our team the leadership they needed. Richard's was a laid back coach that let the players deal with themselves and didn't discipline anything. Torts came in not babying anyone from 1st line to 4th line. I was absolutely stunned and happy when we got Jones for ryjo and I would do that trade every day of the week our top pair D have been our best thing on the ice all year. Now that torts had an off season to implement his system we are starting to produce.

And the GMJK stuff he made a bad move not insuring Horton but other then that he has been a great GM. The Clarkson move was for a warm body and the call for that move was above his head. He has drafted great players so far and made moves to get us guys like Jones and Saad. He might not have picked the guy you would have this year at 3 but for this team it was the best move.

I'll bet my account on here that Torts will not be fired before this contract expires.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
So with so many coaches getting fired what coaches are out there waiting to take over?

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
Part of me is afraid Bylsma will get a pass because he lost Eichel the day before the season began, and Kane halfway through the first game. But last night's game against Philly was inexcusable.

That seemed like the kind of game that would really piss off Tim Murray, and he doesn't strike me as a guy who tolerates garbage coaching like that, regardless of who's injured at the time. I hope he's on the hot seat right now.

Sleepy

rEf jOsE
Apr 7, 2009
It's funny to read.people who don't watch more then the required amount of cbj games where they play your team a season spout off their opinions. I get the Torts hate because it's what everyone does. It'd the same as if you know nothing about hockey say Crosby is a crybaby and make fun of toews tangibles. If you repeat everyone else it seems like you know what you are talking about. Torts has improved our team by levels and the only fans that don't like him are the ones that hated him before we got him. He has given our team the leadership they needed. Richard's was a laid back coach that let the players deal with themselves and didn't discipline anything. Torts came in not babying anyone from 1st line to 4th line. I was absolutely stunned and happy when we got Jones for ryjo and I would do that trade every day of the week our top pair D have been our best thing on the ice all year. Now that torts had an off season to implement his system we are starting to produce.

And the GMJK stuff he made a bad move not insuring Horton but other then that he has been a great GM. The Clarkson move was for a warm body and the call for that move was above his head. He has drafted great players so far and made moves to get us guys like Jones and Saad. He might not have picked the guy you would have this year at 3 but for this team it was the best move.

I'll bet my account on here that Torts will not be fired before this contract expires.

I have two takes on this. First, I don't think "a really good offseason" is proof Torts is a changed man and CBJ is on the right track. Second, if every team's fans watch 2 games against CBJ, and they all come to the same conclusion, that's not just a couple games that's actually a sample size that covers every single CBJ game.

Not hating on CBJ, but let's not pretend the offseason + current losing record over 5 games have proven anything yet, good or bad. It's not a great team, and Torts' history of imploding makes him a high candidate to have a meltdown and be fired.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Capuano is officially in the drivers seat now. If Toronto beats the Isles Sunday on a back to back with their backup goalie it just might happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad