Who will be the first coach to get fired?

Benedict Kovalchuk

Kovalchuk: A spy?
Jul 19, 2011
CASCADIA NOW
I don't know about Torts. I mean were the Blue Jackets really expected to be competitive?

If the Isles keep losing I'd say Capuano. Or maybe I'm just hoping that.

Someone please take him. Please.

xxsciroccoxx

Dec 17, 2010
Therrien. Either Nov 26th or January 7th (not during the holidays because MB and MT are buddies and Bergevin wouldnt want to hurt Therrien's feelings...

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Please let it be Michel Therrien

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Gulutzan in Calgary. He's got than Dallas Eakins blank stare look of confusion on his face already. Maybe they give him until Christmas time, maybe.

exporta

Jul 30, 2005
I don't know about Torts. I mean were the Blue Jackets really expected to be competitive?

If the Isles keep losing I'd say Capuano. Or maybe I'm just hoping that.

Someone please take him. Please.

Last year they fired their coach (T. Richards?) because they expected to be competitive and went on a terrible losing streak.

Torts brought them up to around .500 if not over if I recall correctly.

I have to believe they want improvement over that mark.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
I feel like Carlyle won't last long... however I know he will be given a chance to succeed first, bob murray is apparebtly a pretty stubborn fellow...but I don't really get the re hiring. Getzlaf and perry I thought were pretty vocal in the past about how they didn't really like him.

Sleepy

rEf jOsE
Apr 7, 2009
So many good choices. My money is on Capuono because the team has the highest expectations and they're going to want a mid-year bump if they start slow.

Most deserving is likely Carlyle/Tortz, with Todd McLellan's seat heating up in springtime if they're out of it by December again.

Jan 3, 2012
In a perfect world the canucks fire the coach, gm and owners (??) in one sweep

A man can dream right

hope someone buys the team

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Therrien should've gotten fired last year. I'd be shocked if he makes it to December.

clownshoes

Mar 5, 2008
Windowless room
if Bob didn't just hire him I'd say Randy Carlyle is off to a good start. Who knows though...

If the Ducks are still floundering come game 40, Bob might fire him to save his job.

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8
I feel like Carlyle won't last long... however I know he will be given a chance to succeed first, bob murray is apparebtly a pretty stubborn fellow...but I don't really get the re hiring. Getzlaf and perry I thought were pretty vocal in the past about how they didn't really like him.

I don't really see a scenario where Murray fires Carlyle without also losing his own job. If the Ducks miss the playoffs, I'd think they're both gone. If they make the playoffs, they're both probably safe. I'd love to see Carlyle fired very soon and MacLean take over and get Anaheim to the playoffs, saving Murray's job. I like Murray for the most part and if he can somehow work magic like he has in the past, I think he may have finally learned not to sign stupid, stupid contracts. It's amazing how great he is at trades and how absolute trash he is at free agency.

entropism

May 8, 2011
New Jersey
It shocks me that Capuano has been with the Isles for SIX GOD DAMNED YEARS. I mean, he's absolutely beloved by players. He did extremely well in the AHL with our kids, and most of them are with the isles now, or at least were (damnit Okposo/Martin/Nielsen). But he has routinely showed he has no ****ing clue what to do with kids in the NHL. Strome, Nelson, Lee, Niederreiter, etc etc. Now it's Barzal, Beauvillier, Pulock and Pelech. He has no clue how to get lines together on a long term basis so they form chemistry. His lineup is literally a line blender, and nobody forms chemistry that way. The only thing that was a constant was Martin/Cizikas/Clutterbuck.

My only concern is that if he goes... It will either be Weight or Thompson taking over. I can only hope the owners push to get a proven coach in place ASAP (and now we have ones willing to spend to get them there), but who the heck is even available right now?

entropism

May 8, 2011
New Jersey
I don't know how Capuano has made it this long.

The players love him, and Snow is loyal to his coaches. It's the one thing I truly hate about Snow... He brought in Capuano and Brent Thompson for the AHL for "the long haul" to get "consistency in the system"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad