Who was your last "guilty pleasure" Habs player ?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
All I remember from that season was Kovalev ( My only man crush lol ) and Robert Lang until those cursed jerseys got him. The thing I most remember about lang was when he scored a goal in ot it got disallowed and then he score again right after lol

Kovalev was my all time guilty pleasure.
Horrible player at times but when he decided it was show time man could he play.
I'm hoping Semin evokes some of this same "guilt"...

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
So many solid ones in this thread and agree with most.

AK46
Ryan White
Robert Lang, James Wisniewski, Dominic Moore, Richard Zednick

Though I will say this, I think aside from AK46 these guys weren't exactly polarizing.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Souray. The guy was a cone, but holy **** could he crank it lol.

Remember when he one-timed the rebound of his own slapshot from the point? Looked like something out of Slapshot.:laugh:

domdo345

Jun 4, 2008

Remember when he one-timed the rebound of his own slapshot from the point? Looked like something out of Slapshot.:laugh:

Yeah, versus Lundqvist. Souray was awsome. From the time he plummed Mccarthy to when he was on the PP and the crowd would yell ''shooooooooooot'' before he blasted one bar down.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
I remember when Souray ripped one of his famous slapshot from the middle of the ice and almost beat the goaltender by hitting the post. :amazed:

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I remembered when Souray ripped one of his famous slapshot from the middle of the ice and almost beat the goaltender by hitting the post :amazed:

I remember him beating Reimer (leafs) in the middle of the net. :D :laugh:

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal

A blast from the past. :laugh:

Man did we laugh during the replay. Ridiculous goal. Kind of stuff you'd expect in a movie.

Found it, it's at the 7:45 mark:

Last edited:

GeoStride87

Feb 23, 2013

Remember his shootout wind up, fake and deke against toronto? :laugh: I think it was raycroft in net.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Remember his shootout wind up, fake and deke against toronto? :laugh: I think it was raycroft in net.

One of his signature moves. It's probably in the clip I just posted above. He used it in game, too.

Pretty sure Subban would be good at it. But the directive really seems to be "one-timer, get da puck at da net". Subban should deke and use his wrister more often on the PP.

Last edited:

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Sergei Malakhov. I think he fits in the category. He was great, but like Kovalev, took too many night off.

Asamu

Aug 24, 2010
Saguenay
You guys were talking about Sheldon Souray and I'll always remember the 1g 5a night he had on January 10, 2004 as shown here .

I mean, all his assists were actually rebounds the goalie gave in the paying zone. We have to admit that he wasn't the best defenseman in his own zone but on the powerplay he was a good asset.

Who else got 6 points in one game besides him after 2004? I guess no one.

Last edited:

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Sergei Malakhov. I think he fits in the category. He was great, but like Kovalev, took too many night off.

I think you mean Vladimir not Sergei but yes I agree, great player when he actually decided he wanted to play. Also a tough SOB when somebody managed to get him mad...

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
Mine was James Wisniewski. I loved his game, I thought he really brought some offensive thread on the PP and he played with passion imo. He was mobile enough to be effective too.

Before that, there's been a lot. Brian Savage was one of them. I liked Hackett a lot too, I thought he was superior to Theodore (but I'll get bashed for this). He was more consistent and Theodore imo only had one good season with inflated numbers on top of that.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Sebastien Bordeleau.

I certainly didn't see every game he played for the Canadiens, nor did I ever see him play in the American League (where he was over a point a game for Fredricton) but every time I did see him play, I liked him and saw a lot of promising things.

I do remember this: I never once saw him score a goal as a Montreal Canadien (He only had eight in his three years with the team in short stints.)

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
ak46

he is the reason why i was so excited to follow the habs. I thought he was really intriguing as a prospect but that rookie year in the ahl had bust written all over him.

He has had the skills but in his case he lacked some condititioning and consistency.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
A. Kostitsyn. Was always awesome to see the odd game breaking play from him, or to see him hit someone like a ton of bricks.

ChikN

Sep 1, 2010
Montréal
Metropolit had some sick mitts. Didn't result in much but his stickhandling was quite surprising for a 3rd-4th liner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad