Who was your last "guilty pleasure" Habs player ?

Capitaine Subban*

By "guilty pleasure" I mean a player that wasnt a stud like Damphousse,Roy or Koivu that give u high hope of greatness or underrated effective play.

Mine is Valeri Bure because he was a Bure, he torched the WHL even if he wasnt a first rounder. He was a skill forward in the middle of many scrubs in our dark era but didnt manage to produce enough to stay sadly :(.

Who is yours ?

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows
I had a list of players but now Im not sure if they would be what your asking for ... To clarify do you want players that most fans disliked but you saw them differently ?

Capitaine Subban*

I had a list of players but now Im not sure if they would be what your asking for ... To clarify do you want players that most fans disliked but you saw them differently ?

Only non-stud player that u like despite him not being an obvious fan favorite.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Well Higgins and Komisarek were supposed to be stars and both fight for Captaincy. But I think everyone hoped A.Kostitsyn would live up to his pick.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Honestly? PK Subban when he was tearing it up in the AHL. He was robbed of an NHL salary that year.

Yes, I'm a PK fanboy.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
By "guilty pleasure" I mean a player that wasnt a stud like Damphousse,Roy or Koivu that give u high hope of greatness or underrated effective play.

Mine is Valeri Bure because he was a Bure, he torched the WHL even if he wasnt a first rounder. He was a skill forward in the middle of many scrubs in our dark era but didnt manage to produce enough to stay sadly :(.

Who is yours ?

From back in the day? Duncan Milroy

Recently? Sekac, and bournival

Not so much did I expect greatness, but I thought they had the ability to be effective players.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Dale Weise.

It has to be Weise for a lot of people.

It's the clutchiness, it's the skullet, it's the big chin, it's the story about how he & Tortorella mother****ed one another...

What a package! That's a hockey player who's bringing that lunchbox to work every game because he's THIS close to be working at the Ford plant.

Also, Ryan White. Just a crazy ******* who could go from being a quiet prairie boy to I'LL ****ING KILL YOU within 30 seconds for reasons that weren't always obvious.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Lapierre.

Love that guy, he could do no wrong.

It might have to do with how much I play like him when I do play sports - chippy, dirty, lots of trash talk, defensively minded and very little offensive flair.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Hamrlik. He's what media claimed Gorges was. Gorges was a scrub.

vHAB

Apr 21, 2007
Montreal
I actually liked Gomez as a player, especially his first year in Montreal. Obviously the way he played the next two seasons were inexcusable for the amount of money he was making and I was absolutely furious about what we gave up for him from day one. But he was a fun player to watch when he was on his game.

EDIT: Also Andrei Kostitsyn and Jan Bulis. Don't think either were generally all too popular amongst our fanbase but I had a soft spot for both.

68*

Kostopoulos, AK (he can still score 20 in the NHL IMO), Sekac, Moen, Grabovski, Ribeiro

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Honest answer? Sergei Kostitsyn. I still remember that OT goal he scored against the Caps once. Also his goal vs Boston in game 7 when the Habs defeated them 5-0. Good times.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Hal Gill, was great in the 2010 run against the Pens and Caps and helped PK a lot in those early years

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad