Speculation: Who was on the ice when Lars got hit?

Huge94

Oct 8, 2011
Montreal
One of the more ridiculous posts I've ever read.

He may not be ready for playoff hockey (although pre-hit, he looked great), his job is to get the puck. The whistle hadn't gone, if he leaves the puck, they score go ahead 2-1 and we lose Eller - that's even worse. He did his job. It's not like he had time to stop, examine the hit, then react. Eller got hit and Diaz went to get the puck out of his zone.

The refs broke everything up pretty fast and we didn't have much toughness on the ice either way. Someone will bring up that we need team toughness, but you can't have toughness on the ice at all times regardless if you have it in the line-up or not.

It was a bonehead pass and he feels terrible about it. You can tell from his interviews and his tone of voice.

I expect a big game from Diaz tonight.

What were they supposed to do? Jump off the bench??

Moen and White played great last night.

You lost all your credibility at ''pre-hit he looked great''. Diaz was one of the worst players out there yesterday. Couldn't hold the blue line in offense, soft plays and no vision. And no, I didn't expect White or Moen to do anything n the hit. But we all know they are not hired for their quick hands and incredible vision, they are there to be physical, sometimes drop the mitts and, especially for White, be a nuisance. Can't remember the last time they did this. White is a stupid player, takes stupides penalties, but if he's not a pest, he's nothing.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
You lost all your credibility at ''pre-hit he looked great''. Diaz was one of the worst players out there yesterday. Couldn't hold the blue line in offense, soft plays and no vision. And no, I didn't expect White or Moen to do anything n the hit. But we all know they are not hired for their quick hands and incredible vision, they are there to be physical, sometimes drop the mitts and, especially for White, be a nuisance. Can't remember the last time they did this. White is a stupid player, takes stupides penalties, but if he's not a pest, he's nothing.
Go back and read the GDT. He was making fantastic defensive player after fantastic defensively play.

And I really don't care if I lost my credibility to you. It doesn't effect me in the slightest. :laugh:

InglewoodJack

Jun 10, 2009
Châteauguay
I liked how Galchenyuk came to his defence, but there isn't much you can do. Clean hit, he guy had no ill intentions. It isn't a hit you'd avoid if you were "afraid" of the team.

Froedrick

Jan 23, 2009
What the hell are you talking about? I'm talking about sticking up for teammates and not taking **** and you're talking about goal scoring. We scored 3 goals. Our goalie couldn't stop routine saves. Game over. Can't fault a team that controls the game and scores 3 goals. STOP THE PUCK!

What are you even talking about? Montreal did not score 3 goals number one. Were you watching the game? If you can't even know that the score was 4-2 for Ottawa how is anyone going to take your assessment of the teams performance seriously.

You can fault a team for losing a game. They could have had 60 shots and not won and that is still their fault. Anderson saw 90% of the shots that were faced. There's barely any traffic. When there was traffic, the shot was blocked (notice the shots from the point on the 5 on 3).
Gryba was kicked out of the game, so what are the 'tough' guys from Montreal to do. Fight Chris Neil? Probably lose said fight because Prust can't really take him on?

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/115443
http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/111508

Give more momentum to a team that's beating you up?
How about play hockey score goals and win the game for your teammate who's in the hospital. Crash the net, create traffic score the dirty goals like Latendresse scored to put the game away.

It sucks that Montreal isn't the toughest team for sure, but they have a skill set and that's speed. Drive to the net with that speed and get lucky. Anderson gave up a few nice rebounds but Montreal wasn't getting to them. THe compete level in front needs to be better, there needs to be less turnovers in our own end, and Price needs to play extremely well.

A better message to send to Ottawa in the next game then seeking revenge, is to dominate them on the scoreboard and show them that despite whatever may be thrown at us we're going to win. Headhunting will more than likely cause us to be shorthanded and slow our momentum as we control the play (our strong point).

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
It's not about the players who were on the ice at the moment really... Its about what was done after... Weve seen this numerous times. Player X takes a run at one of our better player and then we just continue to play the game like nothing happened... Make a statement, if you're going to hit our guys we will too... Really how many times was Karlsson hit Before/after the hit? This team is sad to watch.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
well put and needs to be addressed in the summer

Yeah, its a good thing that this lack of size and grit kind of snuck up on us. I'll reserve judgment till after tonight but fans have been clamoring for getting bigger and tougher precisely for the playoffs, it hasn't happened. Signing prust ( a move I like) and trying to sign sesito ain't gonna cut it and its not like there are going to be tons of guys available this summer.

The habs have been soft for so long its going to take a lot to right the ship. I hope seller makes a full and speedy recovery.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
What are you even talking about? Montreal did not score 3 goals number one. Were you watching the game? If you can't even know that the score was 4-2 for Ottawa how is anyone going to take your assessment of the teams performance seriously.

You can fault a team for losing a game. They could have had 60 shots and not won and that is still their fault. Anderson saw 90% of the shots that were faced. There's barely any traffic. When there was traffic, the shot was blocked (notice the shots from the point on the 5 on 3).
Gryba was kicked out of the game, so what are the 'tough' guys from Montreal to do. Fight Chris Neil? Probably lose said fight because Prust can't really take him on?

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/115443
http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/111508

Give more momentum to a team that's beating you up?
How about play hockey score goals and win the game for your teammate who's in the hospital. Crash the net, create traffic score the dirty goals like Latendresse scored to put the game away.

It sucks that Montreal isn't the toughest team for sure, but they have a skill set and that's speed. Drive to the net with that speed and get lucky. Anderson gave up a few nice rebounds but Montreal wasn't getting to them. THe compete level in front needs to be better, there needs to be less turnovers in our own end, and Price needs to play extremely well.

A better message to send to Ottawa in the next game then seeking revenge, is to dominate them on the scoreboard and show them that despite whatever may be thrown at us we're going to win. Headhunting will more than likely cause us to be shorthanded and slow our momentum as we control the play (our strong point).

It's like someone can't make a mistake here without getting jumped on. We scored 2 goals....what does any of this have to do with the topic of the thread. Post this crap in the PGT.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
What message? And who would be sending this message?

That we did not forget about the hit? That we are mad about it?

Seriously, this is the ****ing playoffs and the game was out of reach, its no time to be ****ing classy. Our best center just left on a stretcher and want it or not, it compromises our chance to go far in the playoffs.

Moen, Prust or especially White or even Bourque could easily run Anderson after a stoppage and draw a brawl and target Karlsson. That's how it should be done. Not go headhunting like White did but it's pretty easy to stir **** up. Every teammmates will defend a goalie and that's your chance to pick a guy that is usually unwilling to fight.

Froedrick

Jan 23, 2009
It's like someone can't make a mistake here without getting jumped on. We scored 2 goals....what does any of this have to do with the topic of the thread. Post this crap in the PGT.

As I said in my post, how can someone take your assessment of how the team reacted if you don't even know the score. Then I continued by saying Prust and the so called tough guys would not have made a difference as Gryba was ejected, and they would have slowed their momentum. I then said the best method for them to send a message is on the scoreboard. As Montreal is not known as a fighting team but rather a skilled team, this makes more sense with regards to their identity as a team (having scored the 5th most in the league this year). All of this is a counter argument to your, 'There's so much softness that permeates this team, it's not even funny. Frustrating watching this kind of stuff. This needs to be addressed far more than any goaltending issues.'.
As I said Montreal are not built to do this, they are built to score goals. What needs to be adressed is turnovers, costly mistakes and more goals. It sucks that Eller got hurt, but revenge doesn't help. Quiet revenge on the scoreboard winning the series so in case he's able to come back he'll have the opportunity to rejoin the team.

As the topic of this thread is "Who was on the ice when Lars got hit" I don't think you have any room to complain about my response to your silly assertions.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
That we did not forget about the hit? That we are mad about it?

Seriously, this is the ****ing playoffs and the game was out of reach, its no time to be ****ing classy. Our best center just left on a stretcher and want it or not, it compromises our chance to go far in the playoffs.

Moen, Prust or especially White or even Bourque could easily run Anderson after a stoppage and draw a brawl and target Karlsson. That's how it should be done. Not go headhunting like White did but it's pretty easy to stir **** up. Every teammmates will defend a goalie and that's your chance to pick a guy that is usually unwilling to fight.

Totally with you on that one.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
please this is stupid, chucky was in like a bull terrier and the team was livid. bigger things to focus on.

guy was lying in a pool of blood, not the time for a brawl

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
It's not about the players who were on the ice at the moment really... Its about what was done after... Weve seen this numerous times. Player X takes a run at one of our better player and then we just continue to play the game like nothing happened... Make a statement, if you're going to hit our guys we will too... Really how many times was Karlsson hit Before/after the hit? This team is sad to watch.

I'm not a fan of going after their star player in retaliation for what wasn't a very dirty play in the end, but Prust steamrolled Karlsson pretty good in front of their net in the third period.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'm not a fan of going after their star player in retaliation for what wasn't a very dirty play in the end, but Prust steamrolled Karlsson pretty good in front of their net in the third period.

Who said dirty really ?
At that point I was pretty much out of this world, I might not remember.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
For the people talking about us retaliating - We were too busy dominating the Sens and we were hitting everything.

This is not a small cat reaction from the Habs. Where they failed is when they broke down in D (Price included) and didn't at least win for Lars.

Tonight is when they get vengeance and hopefully throughout the series. There's a fine line between retribution and throwing the game away. IF you think the Habs aren't steamed and are going to let the Sens get away with this, you are sorely mistaken (pun intended).

Poulet Kostopoulos

Oct 23, 2009
Our players need to be more physical.

I've seen Gallagher chirping/talking at opposing players and acting more like a man than 80% of the team.

This kid is 'C' material.

What a pathetic, soff team when our rookies are carrying this team.

Yup, pathetically soft. Neil and practically every Sens were after Gallagher. This 5'8" kid played his heart out last night. Bigger heart than any Habs in the last decade (except Koivu perhaps).

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Yup, pathetically soft. Neil and practically every Sens were after Gallagher. This 5'8" kid played his heart out last night. Bigger heart than any Habs in the last decade (except Koivu perhaps).

I've said it since his Vancouver days, he's the future captain of this team. More balls and work ethic than 99% of the turds on this team.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Its true. They just sat there on the bench. Didn't even have the courtesy to take a 10 game suspension and double team some no name guy for making a clean hit.

And what about when they were on the ice a few feet away from Gallagher getting mugged by Neil...hmm?

This has to be the only fanbase that doesn't seem to understand this part of the game. It's embarasing.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
And what about when they were on the ice a few feet away from Gallagher getting mugged by Neil...hmm?

This has to be the only fanbase that doesn't seem to understand this part of the game. It's embarasing.

Still a 10 game suspension. You can't start an altercation after leaving the bench, especially with 5 other players on the ice.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
It says a lot about your Napoleonic complex towards this team.

Oh yah the big bad tough leafs really jumped in after ference.

this, the Bruins were running over Kessel, Grabo and Kadri, as they should.

Having goons in the line-up wont stop the other team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad