Speculation: Who was on the ice when Lars got hit?

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
All I saw was Galchenyuk come to his defense while everyone else skated around. Then I see Neal standing over Gallahger with his arms around his throat while White and Moen are on the ice doing nothing. There's so much softness that permeates this team, it's not even funny. Frustrating watching this kind of stuff. This needs to be addressed far more than any goaltending issues.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
You do need to defend your mates, BUT we did score on the power play. Granted we should have scored more (and that 5 on 3 is really why we lost the game. I knew that would bite us in the ass later).

BTW Maclean is an idiot! You're an opposing coach in the NHL playing a rival! How do you NOT know who got hit and carried off the ice?! How do you NOT know who "number 61" is on the opposing team?! Did you see his interview? What a moron!

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
This has been a problem for years, until it changes we can expect this kind of stuff to keep happening to us. Problem is there aren't 30 Chris Neil's out there

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
All I saw was Galchenyuk come to his defense while everyone else skated around. Then I see Neal standing over Gallahger with his arms around his throat while White and Moen are on the ice doing nothing. There's so much softness that permeates this team, it's not even funny. Frustrating watching this kind of stuff. This needs to be addressed far more than any goaltending issues.

Galchenyuk was the nearest.
Dont need to be 5 guys on Gryba.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
It was Gally, chuckie, gorges and diaz... wtf do you want them to do? When it's something that devastating, you don't worry about retaliation right away, you worry about the player bleeding on the ice.

Get over this lack of character ********.

Also for gallagher... he does that **** on purpose to try and draw penalties. You get white or moen charging neil and it kind of negates the purpose. Gally goes to the net knowing what will happen after. He wants to get under peoples skin. That`s why he`s effective.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
It was Gally, chuckie, gorges and diaz... wtf do you want them to do? When it's something that devastating, you don't worry about retaliation right away, you worry about the player bleeding on the ice.

Also for gallagher... he does that **** on purpose to try and draw penalties. You get white or moen charging neil and it kind of negates the purpose. Gally goes to the net knowing what will happen after. He wants to get under peoples skin. That`s why he`s effective.

:shakehead

Errr...anytime a teammate of mine got injured on a hit that I thought was dirty...I wasn't filled with "worry". I was filled with "rage" first...then "worry" later. Again...Galchenyuk, a rookie, was the only guy who went after him. That says a lot.

Gallagher won't be effective laid out on the ice. We are soft, we will continue to be soft...it's our identity some fans have accepted it.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Why couldn't we do anything about it after? This team is soft and we lost because of it

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
You do need to defend your mates, BUT we did score on the power play. Granted we should have scored more (and that 5 on 3 is really why we lost the game. I knew that would bite us in the ass later).

BTW Maclean is an idiot! You're an opposing coach in the NHL playing a rival! How do you NOT know who got hit and carried off the ice?! How do you NOT know who "number 61" is on the opposing team?! Did you see his interview? What a moron!

Sometimes defending your mates is more important than the PP. Maclean is a ********* but he does what damn near every coach does when their player injures another on a dirty hit. Act completely defensive, clueless and silly. Meanwhile his owner is running an investigation on a routine hit to Karlsson. It is what it is.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
This has been a problem for years, until it changes we can expect this kind of stuff to keep happening to us. Problem is there aren't 30 Chris Neil's out there

Chris Neil wouldn't be enough. It's an identity. Team toughness is better than just having one guy. This will be Bergy's biggest challenge IMO...and that's if he even thinks there's a problem to begin with.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
:shakehead

Errr...anytime a teammate of mine got injured on a hit that I thought was dirty...I wasn't filled with "worry". I was filled with "rage" first...then "worry" later. Again...Galchenyuk, a rookie, was the only guy who went after him. That says a lot.

Gallagher won't be effective laid out on the ice. We are soft, we will continue to be soft...it's our identity some fans have accepted it.

It says a lot about your Napoleonic complex towards this team.

Oh yah the big bad tough leafs really jumped in after ference.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Why couldn't we do anything about it after? This team is soft and we lost because of it

This team lost because anderson made 50 saves and price let in 3 of 6 in the 3rd period. get over yourself... it's pathetic how so many hab fans feel like this

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal

What are they doing in this story?

How could you have 4 forward on the ice? (gallagher, moen, white and eller)

who is Neal?

Gallagher, Eller, Galchenyuk, Diaz, Gorges were on the ice when the incident happened

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
This team lost because anderson made 50 saves and price let in 3 of 6 in the 3rd period. get over yourself... it's pathetic how so many hab fans feel like this

The team was totally deflated after that hit, shake it up and you inspire confidence. The inactivity was horrible by our so called tough guys. No fight, no hits, no scrum... This is the definition of being soft.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
The team was totally deflated after that hit, shake it up and you inspire confidence. The inactivity was horrible by our so called tough guys. No fight, no hits, no scrum... This is the definition of being soft.

The habs went up 2 to 1 after the hit. They had an incredible PP that was beaten by Mr. Anderson.

The momentum shifted after Price allowed a softie... and then another. Diaz, who played well before the hit, definitely seemed effected by it as he was horrible in the 3rd.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
What are they doing in this story?

How could you have 4 forward on the ice? (gallagher, moen, white and eller)

who is Neal?

Gallagher, Eller, Galchenyuk, Diaz, Gorges were on the ice when the incident happened

I'm talking about 2 separate incidences.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
It says a lot about your Napoleonic complex towards this team.

Oh yah the big bad tough leafs really jumped in after ference.

What does this have to do with anything? You think the Habs being labeled as soft throughout the league is some cruel joke?

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal

What are you doing watching the playoffs?

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=63887955&postcount=806

You said in this post you wanted no parts of the team.... strong hypocrite

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
So it looks like James Neal and Gryba were on the ice for them and we had Eller, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Moen and White.

Hit would've never happened if we didn't have 5 forwards out on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad