Speculation: Who was on the ice when Lars got hit?

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Chucky just kind of reacted and jumped in there.

Once he was there he looked like "wait, what do I do now?"

But good on him for reacting like that. He'll be a lot more confident as he gets older and fills out a bit, then he'll know it's time to drop the gloves.

I don't really know what everyone else on the ice was doing, what do you expect a line brawl?

We better come out firing on all cylinders tonight.

This game will be a defining moment for Carey, either way.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
So it looks like James Neal and Gryba were on the ice for them and we had Eller, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Moen and White.

Hit would've never happened if we didn't have 5 forwards out on the ice.

The James Neal trade was really under the radar. I didn't even realized they had him until reading this thread.

Agreed on the defense, though. Carbonneau liked playing defenseman as forwards... I guess Therrien is the opposite.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
I felt like the players on the ice reacted the right way.

Diaz, of course, was thinking about how terrible his pass was.
Galchenyuk went straight for Gryba.
Bouillon went to the pile to help out and pull away a Sens player.
Gallagher was getting into the face of Alfredsson and yelling at him.

bib

#believe
Aug 28, 2007
I felt like the players on the ice reacted the right way.

Diaz, of course, was thinking about how terrible his pass was.
Galchenyuk went straight for Gryba.
Bouillon went to the pile to help out and pull away a Sens player.
Gallagher was getting into the face of Alfredsson and yelling at him.

Actually, Diaz never reacted at all, which is quite disturbing. You see him here turning around to retrieve the puck, while Galchenyuk immediately recognizes the situation.

Real bonehead play by Diaz. Doesn't seem like he's ready for the speed of playoff hockey at all.

XhvIxhu.png

almostjesus*

Our players need to be more physical.

I've seen Gallagher chirping/talking at opposing players and acting more like a man than 80% of the team.

This kid is 'C' material.

What a pathetic, soff team when our rookies are carrying this team.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I remember when Brisebois came to the aid of Zednik, it was another LOL moment in this franchise's toughness department. This Eller moment reminded me of that. This pile of gutless ****ers couldn't even send a message in the third that they weren't going down without a fight.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I can't knock the Habs for their reaction, Galchenyuk got in there at least. It was probably a bit stunning for the Habs players to see that, tons of blood, laying limp face down on the ice etc... sometimes it's hard to start a fight when you're legitimately concerned about your teammate laying in a large pool of blood. I'd be more critical of the response if something doesn't happen tonight, I'd bet my life that Prust sends a big message tonight.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Actually, Diaz never reacted at all, which is quite disturbing. You see him here turning around to retrieve the puck, while Galchenyuk immediately recognizes the situation.

Come on, what is he supposed to do? Go after Gryba swinging his stick? As far as Diaz knew it was just a big hit (his head is even turned away from Eller in your picture) and his first responsibility is to retrieve the puck, not defend Eller's honour.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
From my perspective, Karlsson lifted Prusts stick into Anderson and no it should not have been a penalty.....actually should have been a goal. Also lets call Anderson for diving there because he certainly sold it, unlike the supposed four on four where Prust got a penalty for apparently diving.

Also, one of the goals on price went off a defenders foot, another he was completely screened, his d failed to clear the front of the net and another was a bad rebound but lucky bounce.....Karlssons goal was only one that was worthy.....but that's just my honest opinion, which I am happy to share with fellow Habs fans.

The hit on Eller was a headshot to a player in a bad position and was a penalty. I don't think it was intentional though.

I'm not coming over to your thread to spew my view, because quite frankly my view is biased. Just like yours is. When you come to a Habs board with biased opinions against the Habs your looking for an argument. I'm done so dont bother continuing

Last edited:

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Come on, what is he supposed to do? Go after Gryba swinging his stick? As far as Diaz knew it was just a big hit (his head is even turned away from Eller in your picture) and his first responsibility is to retrieve the puck, not defend Eller's honour.

I thought of Diaz skating like a mad man, screaming at the top of his lungs and swinging his stick back and forth made me burst out laughing at work.

Good on ya.

Bieber fever

Mar 7, 2010
Westmount
Op is right , this team is way to soft.We had 7 players on the ice ( diaz gorges prust moen white gallagher galchyenuk ) when James Neal headshoted Eller and they did nothing.

GlobalNews

Aug 7, 2006
:shakehead

Errr...anytime a teammate of mine got injured on a hit that I thought was dirty...I wasn't filled with "worry". I was filled with "rage" first...then "worry" later. Again...Galchenyuk, a rookie, was the only guy who went after him. That says a lot.

Gallagher won't be effective laid out on the ice. We are soft, we will continue to be soft...it's our identity some fans have accepted it.

Can I get a link to one of the games you played in a professional hockey game?

No fan fiction

Nov 16, 2004
All I saw was Galchenyuk come to his defense while everyone else skated around. Then I see Neal standing over Gallahger with his arms around his throat while White and Moen are on the ice doing nothing. There's so much softness that permeates this team, it's not even funny. Frustrating watching this kind of stuff. This needs to be addressed far more than any goaltending issues.

Did you watch the rest of the game?
The problem, is, was, and continues to be goal scoring!
They put 50 shots -- 50 FREAKING SHOTS -- in a playoff game against a team that was the favoured "underdog."

The best way to get even is on the scoreboard.
The best revenge is on the scoreboard.
The best deterrent is on the scoreboard.
The best answer is on the scoreboard.
The best retribution is on the scoreboard.
The best tribute to your teammate is on the scoreboard.
The best way to show resolve is on the scoreboard.
The best way to show mental toughness is on the scoreboard.
The best way to show you're a team is on the scoreboard.
The best way to show solidarity is on the scoreboard.

SCOREBOARD!
SCOREBOARD!
SCOREBOARD!

MJG

Sep 18, 2007
Somewhere
Now I may be mistaken, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Diaz was on the ice.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Did you watch the rest of the game?
The problem, is, was, and continues to be goal scoring!
They put 50 shots -- 50 FREAKING SHOTS -- in a playoff game against a team that was the favoured "underdog."

The best way to get even is on the scoreboard.
The best revenge is on the scoreboard.
The best deterrent is on the scoreboard.
The best answer is on the scoreboard.
The best retribution is on the scoreboard.
The best tribute to your teammate is on the scoreboard.
The best way to show resolve is on the scoreboard.
The best way to show mental toughness is on the scoreboard.
The best way to show you're a team is on the scoreboard.
The best way to show solidarity is on the scoreboard.

SCOREBOARD!
SCOREBOARD!
SCOREBOARD!

What the hell are you talking about? I'm talking about sticking up for teammates and not taking **** and you're talking about goal scoring. We scored 3 goals. Our goalie couldn't stop routine saves. Game over. Can't fault a team that controls the game and scores 3 goals. STOP THE PUCK!

madhi19

Just the tip!
Jun 2, 2012
Cold and Dark place!
twitter.com
So long as they don't do something on the ice guys are going to take runs at our best players. Am sorry to say it but the Habs need a blood for blood policy you take one of our stars out we take one of yours.

onemorecup*

From my perspective, Karlsson lifted Prusts stick into Anderson and no it should not have been a penalty.....actually should have been a goal. Also lets call Anderson for diving there because he certainly sold it, unlike the supposed four on four where Prust got a penalty for apparently diving.

Also, one of the goals on price went off a defenders foot, another he was completely screened, his d failed to clear the front of the net and another was a bad rebound but lucky bounce.....Karlssons goal was only one that was worthy.....but that's just my honest opinion, which I am happy to share with fellow Habs fans.

The hit on Eller was a headshot to a player in a bad position and was a penalty. I don't think it was intentional though.

I'm not coming over to your thread to spew my view, because quite frankly my view is biased. Just like yours is. When you come to a Habs board with biased opinions against the Habs your looking for an argument. I'm done so dont bother continuing

the Eller hit was nowhere near as bad as legit suspension reviews

he didnt leave his feet, throw an elbow , it was a viscious hockey hit wit ha bad result , there wasnt one panelist that thought it was dirty from what I hear

too bad Eller might of been our best player next to Subban

Habtchum*

All I saw was Galchenyuk come to his defense while everyone else skated around. Then I see Neal standing over Gallahger with his arms around his throat while White and Moen are on the ice doing nothing. There's so much softness that permeates this team, it's not even funny. Frustrating watching this kind of stuff. This needs to be addressed far more than any goaltending issues.

What's the point ? Would it had changed the outcome of this game ? When your guy is totally knocked out, you are more worried about his health than retaliating.

toba

Jan 22, 2013
Manitoba
Moen and White doing NOTHING? Surely that can't be right.

Wonder what you would be saying if White came to the rescue and took a penalty? People here whine when White takes a penalty trying to be a tough player, but when he doesn't they're all over him. Ridiculous.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005

Real bonehead play by Diaz. Doesn't seem like he's ready for the speed of playoff hockey at all.

XhvIxhu.png
One of the more ridiculous posts I've ever read.

He may not be ready for playoff hockey (although pre-hit, he looked great), his job is to get the puck. The whistle hadn't gone, if he leaves the puck, they score go ahead 2-1 and we lose Eller - that's even worse. He did his job. It's not like he had time to stop, examine the hit, then react. Eller got hit and Diaz went to get the puck out of his zone.

The refs broke everything up pretty fast and we didn't have much toughness on the ice either way. Someone will bring up that we need team toughness, but you can't have toughness on the ice at all times regardless if you have it in the line-up or not.

It was a bonehead pass and he feels terrible about it. You can tell from his interviews and his tone of voice.

I expect a big game from Diaz tonight.

Moen and White doing NOTHING? Surely that can't be right.
What were they supposed to do? Jump off the bench??

Moen and White played great last night.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
What a ridiculous topic.

I know the sentiment. But that's why we are fans. Just watching it from home I was seeing red. If I was playing I'd probably have jumped Ottawa's smallest player out there. And then I'd have to apologize to my teammates when I'm thrown out and singlehandedly turned a 5 minute power play into 4 on 4 hockey. And that's one of many reasons I'm not a pro.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad