Who was more deserving of the Conn Smythe?

Dojji*

Thomas, Chara, and possibly Seidenberg win it over any forward because we held the best offense in the NHL to less than 2 goals a game.

The Bruins defense won that series.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
People seem to forget that Bergeron only had 3 assists in the first six games of the Cup . DK had 2-4-6 up until that point and there is no game 7 without him.

People seem to forget it wasn't just Chara and Seidenberg completely shutting down the Sedin line. It was the Bergeron-line who was matched up against them all the **** time. And you mention he only had 3 points in 6 games?

Bergy ALWAYS had to shut down the opponent's top offensive lines.
How dare he only score half the goals Krejci did?

Dojji*

People seem to forget it wasn't just Chara and Seidenberg completely shutting down the Sedin line. It was the Bergeron-line who was matched up against them all the **** time. And you mention he only had 3 points in 6 games?

The problem is that if you want to give credit to the Bergeron line, that credit is diffused between three people, and meanwhile given the fact that defense is so much more critical in, well, defense, Chara and Seidenberg bear the brunt of why the Sedin line was so ineffective.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen

Bergy ALWAYS had to shut down the opponent's top offensive lines.
How dare he only score half the goals Krejci did?

Who do you think was facing Krejci's line then ? The other team's shutdown line.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
The problem is that if you want to give credit to the Bergeron line, that credit is diffused between three people, and meanwhile given the fact that defense is so much more critical in, well, defense, Chara and Seidenberg bear the brunt of why the Sedin line was so ineffective.

Bergeron is going to be in a defensive role far, far more often than DK, Dojji.

Bergeron excels in a part of the game that gets almost no glory and never will. What's more coveted? The Art Ross? Or the Selke?

Go back and watch games 1 and 2 against the bolts. They weren't the same team. No Bergeron, and all of a sudden the ice opens up.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Thomas, Chara, and possibly Seidenberg win it over any forward because we held the best offense in the NHL to less than 2 goals a game.

The Bruins defense won that series.

---------
Seidenberg had great playoffs. He is legitmate to be considered.
More consistant than Chara - on the 4 series. Referring to Mtl serie - had bad moments and OT turnover - for OT game winning no 2 - Burrows goal.

Dojji*

Bergeron is going to be in a defensive role far, far more often than DK, Dojji.

Bergeron excels in a part of the game that gets almost no glory and never will. What's more coveted? The Art Ross? Or the Selke?

Go back and watch games 1 and 2 against the bolts. They weren't the same team. No Bergeron, and all of a sudden the ice opens up.

They were 1 and 1 in those two games, in a series that went the distance.

I'm not impressed.

Dojji*

---------
Seidenberg had great playoffs. He is legitmate to be considered.
More consistant than Chara - on the 4 series. Referring to Mtl serie - had bad moments and OT turnover - for OT game winning no 2 - Burrows goal.

Seidenberg made Chara effective because he made attacking the other man in Chara's pairing a less effective option.

Chara can make anyone look good, but put a good defenseman with Chara who can hold up his own e nd, and you instantly have one of the best pairings in the NHL.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Fans quickly forget that Seidenberg was on the ice for 4 of the 5 Montreal goals in the first 2 games.Chara wasn't on the ice for any goal against. Seidenberg was paired with Chara because he wasn't effective.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Who do you think was facing Krejci's line then ? The other team's shutdown line.

-
Vacouver series:

That is why DK line had problem to score in Vancouver- Boston did not have the last change.

Look at more than what is easy to see!

But again, without third line and PB - They do not pass MTL.
Against the Flyers - DK line role over, supported by the PB line
Without Seguin - against Tampa - they lack energy with PB down!
Against Vancouver - TT was phenomenal. Seidenberg was extremely good. Chara was Chara. And contribution came from everyone.
While some say without DK there is no game seven against Vancouver, lets look at the score of that series:
First game was a shutout - Vancouver I think won 1-0

•June 4: Vancouver 3- Boston 2 (OT)
•June 6: Boston 8 - Vancouver 1
•June 8: Boston 4 - Vancouver 0
•June 10: Vancouver 1 - Boston 0
•June 13: Boston 5 - Vancouver 2
•June 15: Boston 4 - Vancouver 0

I can see that Boston wins was not a DK line performance but more of a BOston home ice domination.

And in that serie : I think that what Lucic did to Burrows, what Reechi did to Lapierre and what did Marchand to Sedin were very important factors that brought together even more that team.

And let's say it: Thank you Luongo!

ONly win on Vancouver Ice came from the result of the PB line.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Seidenberg made Chara effective because he made attacking the other man in Chara's pairing a less effective option.

Chara can make anyone look good, but put a good defenseman with Chara who can hold up his own e nd, and you instantly have one of the best pairings in the NHL.

Maybe.

But I have more respect for Seidenberg to say that without Chara, he was not a factor. Seidenberg is not flashy, and while not very fluide he is a very good defensemen.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I'd go with Krejci slightly ahead of Bergeron but only because PB got hurt.

I hate when people say Thomas won the Bruins the Cup. Through the first three rounds he played worse than he did in the regular season.

Dojji*

Fans quickly forget that Seidenberg was on the ice for 4 of the 5 Montreal goals in the first 2 games.Chara wasn't on the ice for any goal against. Seidenberg was paired with Chara because he wasn't effective.

:m-eek:

Are you for real? Are you trolling? I think you're trolling.

Dojji*

You're aware that Zdeno Chara didn't play the first 2 games right?

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
It would have been criminal for it to have gone to anyone else but TT. Criminal.Next in line would be Chara. The Sedin twins still flip a coin to see who gets to check under the bunk beds for Z at nuh-night time.

This ^^^

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
I hate when people say Thomas won the Bruins the Cup. Through the first three rounds he played worse than he did in the regular season.[/QUOTE]

--
TT : was absolutely great. Did all the big saves Bruins needed. He was better than all the other goaler in EACH series that the Bruins played. He was designated as the Conn Smyth trophy winner without any doubt or any critics or any OTHER contender!.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
I would give a little more wieght to the goals, they are a lot harder than assists Plus Krejci made the sweet assist in game 7 to Horts, Single handedly won the Flyers series, I would say krejci by a little.

He also had to Carry Lucic around with him. Recchi was a far more productive power winger, the scoreing wingers of Marchy and Horton were similar.

We don't win the cup without the full team effort anyway Everyone stepped up big at one point, and McQuaid aloowing us to hide Kaberle with him largly looked over.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta

Bruins fans here have a habit of discounting Chara for some reason. Probably because he's tall or something.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
--
TT : was absolutely great. Did all the big saves Bruins needed. He was better than all the other goaler in EACH series that the Bruins played. He was designated as the Conn Smyth trophy winner without any doubt or any critics or any OTHER contender!.

I disagree. Price and Roloson were both better. I don't even think Price can be debated, Thomas was bad in that series.

Dojji*

I hate when people say Thomas won the Bruins the Cup. Through the first three rounds he played worse than he did in the regular season.

... what?????

Not only are you actually incorrect (.938 in the RS, .940 in the post, a single season record in both instances) but you realize the playoffs is a higher level of competition, so Thomas raised his game by more than the difference in numbers, right?

Thomas was better in the playoffs than the record-setting pace he set in the regular season. Fact.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
I disagree. Price and Roloson were both better. I don't even think Price can be debated, Thomas was bad in that series.

I think you are mistaken. Roloson was pulled, twice, in that series. Price was good, but Thomas made far more bigger saves, which is why they moved on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad