Who was better in the playoffs: Eller or Plekanec?

Capitaine Subban*

First of all, this is between Eller and Plekanec. Eller has 3 pts playing on the third line, on a defensive role, with a mix of DLR, DSP, Prust and PAP while Plekanec has 4 pts playing mostly with Pacioretty, Gallagher and Galchenyuk, our 3 best wingers. So considering what who they had to play with, Eller with 3 pts is not that bad.

Do you really expect Eller to outscore our top 6 center every playoffs?

Last year he did because he had Bourque scoring a bunch of goals on his wing.

Like I said, go read the GDT and PGT, you will see that Eller got a lot of praise in his game even if he didn't produced as much. His two way game, puck possession and decision making was much better. But seriously, go read the GDT. I know you won't but here some quotes. I don't have much time since I'm at work but here it goes.

Game 6 against the Sens.
-You other slackers on the Habs watch Eller, this is how it is done in the playoffs!
-Eller is a BEAST
-Eller should really be our 1C playoffs show it 2 years in a row now
-Eller showing MT why he should play much more.
-Eller came to play wow
-Lars Eller you ****ing tank.
-Eller essentially becomes a power forward in the playoffs.
-Eller beasting it. Get rid of DD right now.
-Eller in beast mode!

Game 1 against Bolts
-Eller is a horse
-Eller, Eller, Eller tank mode. Can't stop him.
-Eller is in the game. Next PP we get he should play 2nd unit, Despite Chuckies PM, still think he should get shifts with Eller .
-Eller keeps making great passes with nobody to finish.
-Eller is so good, I can't believe we don't use him on the top 6.
-Why is Eller so incredible come playoff time?
-He's been our best forward for a while now - with the exception of Max.

Game 2 he got injured so not much talk about him except the people who were very upset that Eller is hurt so it must means he does something right.
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/search.php?searchid=33394157&pp=25&page=2

Game 3
-It's so sad watching Eller playing so well, but has to play with guys who struggle to score.
-Would like to see Eller line up with Patch and Gally.
-Eller is too good
-Considering he now has to carry he defense partner along with the offence and still make great defensive plays, I think he has been one of the best Habs
-They all ****ing suck except Eller and Petry
-Give eller some offensive wingers you muppet

Game 4
-Hot damn, Eller. What a beast play
-Eller is playing one heck of a game.
-really nice play by Eller's whole line on that...

Game 5
-Eller is a warrior
-Good net presence by Eller
-Maddening that eller gets no pp time
-Good shift by Eller there
-i wish eller had one of the kids as a winger instead of prust and you know who

Game 6
-Eller and Galllagher are really our only forwards that can do anything
-Gallagher and Eller the only forwards to show up..
-Put Eller on the first line please.
-What a play by Eller.
-What a ****ing play by Eller.
-Great play by Eller too bad Prust couldn't do anything with it.
-Eller did everything and puck goes straight to Prust
-Eller proving once again he's the only one who deserves offensive minutes in the playoffs.
-Eller's been arguably our best forward
-Honestly, Eller and Plekanec should shift roles right now. Relegate Plekanec to the checking line center role and give Eller an offensive chance.

I like eller for who he is but you know that Eller has alot of defenders that think he is a legit 2nd liner and many praises are just a DD "proxy bashing".

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Sorry, but you wrote "43 pts in 66 straight games.. then 48 in 75 games..."

Sounds like it was two different streaks. Misunderstanding. But anyways, Eller is streaky, that is pretty much clear.

His deployment is streaky.

Eller has consistently been garbage with Bourque. Bourque is gone so i expect a pace north of 30 points next year.

Eller was good with Sekac. Bergevin traded Sekac to acquire DSP, a potential winger for Desharnais.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
damn you guys forget fast it's actually funny.

Go read the GDTs, Eller was getting much more praise than Plekanec.

Eller was easily our best center even that's not saying much.

His numbers is not as good because he played with DLR who got 0 pts in 12 games instead of a Bourque that scored 8 goals in 17 games. That makes quite a difference. His level of play was comparable as last playoffs except the opportunist part with his shot% dropping from 22% to 4%.

He's still our most productive center in the last 2 playoffs. Our best center overall.
The GDT? That emotion filled expression of clinical bi-polar mood swings? That place determines the efficacy of Eller?

No thanks man. If you look at the production of Eller, he wasn't that great. If you at the opinions of people who love Eller because he looked good, well, this thread is a result.

Propping up the fan faves regards,

Bob Cole

Tom ******* Brady
Oct 30, 2009
If I use that term, I get infracted/reported whatever. So no, I didn't use that word. :laugh:

But saying that Eller is a legend is fine with me, when I think of it.

Legend (noun):

A story from the past that is believed by many people but cannot be proved to be true.

But, more seriously, the fact is, I'd love to see Eller perform like he did in the shortened season or in last year's playoffs. I'm just not expecting it or considering it as the norm for him.

I think Eller is vastly overrated too, just don't mistake everyone who voted for eller in this poll as his devout followers.

Just goes to show you, Eller can be as average as he has been his entire career and still outplay Plekanec in the playoffs. Embarrassing really :laugh:

HabsDieHard*

Eller needs to shoot more in the playoffs.

But at least he didn't have just 15 shots in 11 games...good god.

Plekanec had more shots than every Canadien forward other than Gallagher and Pacioretty. He cannot be a cup winning teams' best center.

It's too bad we couldn't have seen a Plekanec/Galchenyuk/Eller center at trio in the playoffs, with perhaps something resembling competent NHL forward depth, might have been a different story.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad