Who was better in the playoffs: Eller or Plekanec?

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Eller was much more involved offensively than Plekanec. It just looked like he didn't care, it was sort of sad to watch. He has all the talent in the world and is one of the most hard working player on the team, it shouldn't happen.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Neither was great...but Plekanec, given his role and expectations on this team, was arguably our worst forward.

He was putrid in the playoffs this year

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Eller was the much better player until his groin injury in game 2 against Tampa. He slowed down after that.

If Weise could have buried his chances, he, Eller and Prust would have led the Habs forwards in points.

Bob Cole

Tom ******* Brady
Oct 30, 2009
Plekanec was disgustingly soft and a no show as usual in the playoffs.weird poll

Shawarma*

Eller all day, no debate. Pleks was one of our most underwhelming performers.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Pleks was one of our most underwhelming performers.

Among just the forwards alone, I submit that DLR, Parenteau, DSP, Desharnais, and Galchenyuk were all more "underwhelming" (by any definition) than Plekanec. Hard to carry from the front, when so much is dragging from the back. That's almost half the forward lineup right there. But as has already been said, whoever was put in his position was going to be an easy scapegoat for those who only take the time to look quickly and superficially before making such an assessement.

Shawarma*

Among just the forwards alone, I submit that DLR, Parenteau, DSP, Desharnais, and Galchenyuk were all more "underwhelming" (by any definition) than Plekanec. Hard to carry from the front, when so much is dragging from the back. That's almost half the forward lineup right there. But as has already been said, whoever was put in his position was going to be an easy scapegoat for those who only take the time to look quickly and superficially before making such an assessement.

In absolute terms, maybe. But in relation to how they are expected to perform, I disagree.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Eller was our best forward. Only other person you could make a case for would be Gally.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
In absolute terms, maybe. But in relation to how they are expected to perform, I disagree.

The expectation got higher because he exceded expectations as our 2nd line center and stole the 1st center spot from DD... but that doesn't make him a legit 1st center in the league so he was put in a position to fail.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

Did you expect as much from, especially, DLR, Parenteau, DSP and Desharnais???

Parenteau was brutal all year, why would you expect things to be any different in the playoffs?

Same with Desharnais...

DSP & DLR? Are you serious right now???

Plekanec centered the Habs #1 scoring line all playoffs, played the most minutes and in all situations.

He responded by scoring 1 goal & 4pts...

He was responsible for at least 2 playoff losses on his own account.

This has nothing to do with liking or not liking Plekanec...he was s**t these playoffs, how anyone can say otherwise, blows my mind

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Eller was better and it's time for the Habs to move and let Plekanec go!

If this team really wants to take it to another level and be a serious contender for years then a trade is required, Plekanec isn't that player who will take us there!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad