Who Wants To See Phil Kessel Play For For The Habs?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Man, you're just as stubborn as Kessel, he probably thinks the same way you do, "I get paid to score, not to play well defensively, not my problem if we get scored against, I get paid to score goals", yup, this is truly the way to build a championship team, commitment to one side of the ice. Sure L.A and Chicago are loaded with these type of players, ready to trade for them at a moments notice!
It's called a discussion, if it's getting to you too much to the point where you need to talk about the poster instead of the topic, it might be time to call it quits.
Kane plays a similar overall game to Kessel. They have a different arsenal up front, but they're both two players that focus way more on their offensive game, and that's totally fine given Chicago's team. Unfortunately, Kessel doesn't have the same luxury and he plays in a city where the most productive player of the team (and 80pt guy) gets blamed for the firing of a coach. It has nothing to do with the terrible structure, the crap defense, the poor depth and goaltending, nope. It's all about Kessel, the ppg player, being this cancer and bad defensive player.
What a ridiculous notion.

Damn right I'm scared of his defensive side, he has none, well documented too, this is not how you win in the playoffs and you know it. And about that Boston quote, are you really going to believe Jonathan Cheechoo is a 50 goal scorer because he scored 50 once in his lifetime?? Kessel's +23 was a fluke, just like Cheechoo's 50 goals
So is it a fluke that he is a + player in each of the POs series he's played in?
You looking at this +/- stat to prove your point is like me taking Luongo's win column during his first stint in Florida to argue he wasn't playing well.
And again, nobody ever argued Kessel was actually good defensively, just that it was overblown. You also assume that Kessel would categorically refuse to refine his game.
About that quote that wasn't directed at me, Ya, I knew that already, I can read the replies and who they are directed at thank you, just trying to point out the facts to you since I Know you read my posts, you told someone +/- can only be measured from the same team, when a few posts earlier I had mentioned the +/- of 2 different lines on the same team and Kessel's was much worst than any other combination on the team. Thank you for Bringing my facts to the forefront.
Yup, I already pointed out that you take a season wide +/- from 3 players that form a line despite them being together for just 17-20% of the season (Kadri-Winnik-Santo).
You like to put JVR-Bozak-Kessel together and say they combine for a terrible minus rating but they haven't even been together all season.
But you don't even need to go there, I know Kessel has defensive issues. Nobody ever denied that so you should stop arguing as if I'm saying Kessel is a good two way player, he's not. But it's overblown.

The only +/- I cling to is Kessel's -50 career stat, he doesn't win you games, he loses you games, it's not the fregging Edmonton Oilers we're talking about here, it's not Dallas Eakins coaching, it's Ron Wilson and Carlyle man, guys who have had success in the postseason. Guys that can implement a system but when your primary offensive threat doesn't buy in, well, you see where the Leafs are now, and both coaches are out of a job. Is it entirely Kessel's fault, no...is he partly responsible....yyyyessss!
Keep Kessel, I'm keeping Gallagher thank you, cause that's the real debate here isn't it!

Why is Kessel more responsible than Phaneuf? Why is he more reponsible than having such a terrible D squad that Cody Franson in on your first pairing? What about your goaltending? James Reimer had some clear issues with Carlyle, I'm assuming this was Kessel's fault too?
Kessel is paid to score, he does it. Why have you not once mentioned JVR and Bozak?? Kessel was just a -1 through the first 23 games, he's -10 in the following 23, care to tell me what happened?

You are looking at very general stats that are highly influenced by many factors and basing your argument around them.
Kessel is an offensive minded forward with some defensive issues. That's it. He's not the reason why Carlyle got fired, he's not the reason the Leafs are terrible, and he can be part of a winning team just like a player who gets smashed, robs and assaults a cab driver and is of the same style as Kessel can win it too.

hf27

Jan 29, 2013
It's called a discussion, if it's getting to you too much to the point where you need to talk about the poster instead of the topic, it might be time to call it quits.
Kane plays a similar overall game to Kessel. They have a different arsenal up front, but they're both two players that focus way more on their offensive game, and that's totally fine given Chicago's team. Unfortunately, Kessel doesn't have the same luxury and he plays in a city where the most productive player of the team (and 80pt guy) gets blamed for the firing of a coach. It has nothing to do with the terrible structure, the crap defense, the poor depth and goaltending, nope. It's all about Kessel, the ppg player, being this cancer and bad defensive player.

So is it a fluke that he is a + player in each of the POs series he's played in?
You looking at this +/- stat to prove your point is like me taking Luongo's win column during his first stint in Florida to argue he wasn't playing well.
And again, nobody ever argued Kessel was actually good defensively, just that it was overblown. You also assume that Kessel would categorically refuse to refine his game.

Yup, I already pointed out that you take a season wide +/- from 3 players that form a line despite them being together for just 17-20% of the season (Kadri-Winnik-Santo).
You like to put JVR-Bozak-Kessel together and say they combine for a terrible minus rating but they haven't even been together all season.
But you don't even need to go there, I know Kessel has defensive issues. Nobody ever denied that so you should stop arguing as if I'm saying Kessel is a good two way player, he's not. But it's overblown.

Why is Kessel more responsible than Phaneuf? Why is he more reponsible than having such a terrible D squad that Cody Franson in on your first pairing? What about your goaltending? James Reimer had some clear issues with Carlyle, I'm assuming this was Kessel's fault too?
Kessel is paid to score, he does it. Why have you not once mentioned JVR and Bozak?? Kessel was just a -1 through the first 23 games, he's -10 in the following 23, care to tell me what happened?

You are looking at very general stats that are highly influenced by many factors and basing your argument around them.
Kessel is an offensive minded forward with some defensive issues. That's it. He's not the reason why Carlyle got fired, he's not the reason the Leafs are terrible, and he can be part of a winning team just like a player who gets smashed, robs and assaults a cab driver and is of the same style as Kessel can win it too.

Kessel is high price garbage whom needs to be surrounded by better players to reduce his negative impact on a team. At least three NHL level coaches (Julien/Wilson/Carlyle) would disagree Kessel is coachable or follows instruction at a minimal level. Kessel's real skill is he's a great coach killer.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

So what you're telling me is Kane is smart enough to realize he has a better surrounding which allows to play a more offensive role but Kessel lacks the know how to play a little more defensive since he isn't as well surrounded as Kane, ok, gotcha....so lack of situational awareness for Kessel, ok...

Kris's E said:
So a + player during playoffs, but Minus player during the whole season, so he floats all year long, gotcha. And the Luongo comparison is lame. Luongo was left on his own to defend, Kessel leaves his goalie on his own to defend, not the same thing.

Kris E said:

What line is together all year long?? Not to many of them, point is, when Kessel is on the ice, more goals go into his net then the other way around, that's it, you can't argue that, maybe on a night to night basis you don't pay attention but when it's year after year after year, it's not a coincidence anymore, it's fact.

Kris E said:

Never said Phaneuf is more or less responsible! I've mentioned more than once, no passengers on a championship team, seems to me that Kessel is floating his way to the playoffs, along with a few more players I'm sure. So -1 in first 23 games and -10 in the next 23, seems to me the grind of the season is getting to Phil and some of his teammates I'm sure

Kris E said:
Leafs suck, he's an offensive leader as well as a player leader on the ice, he's got to stop sulking and start playing...robs the cab driver :laugh: he wanted his .20$ back because cab driver was being an ass, then started to punch the guy cause he wouldn't let him out, Ya, at 21yrs old I probably would've done the same, especially after a night of drinking

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
This is getting better and better, watching Bob McCown on Sportsnet and he's suggesting that Leafs should maybe rebuild, toying with the idea of trading Kessel. Doug Maclean says he never would've done the Kessel trade and says you don't build teams around guys like Kessel lol.
So Kessel is top 5 scorer in the league in the last few years but these guys basically can't wait to get rid of him lol he's probably the only player in the top scorers in the league that the fan base (not all obviously) and reporters covering the team wants to get rid of. Now that's the type of player I'd like to trade Gallagher, Sherbak and a 1st for LOL

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Kessel is high price garbage whom needs to be surrounded by better players to reduce his negative impact on a team. At least three NHL level coaches (Julien/Wilson/Carlyle) would disagree Kessel is coachable or follows instruction at a minimal level. Kessel's real skill is he's a great coach killer.

You know your post will be filled with objectivity when you start it that way.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
So what you're telling me is Kane is smart enough to realize he has a better surrounding which allows to play a more offensive role but Kessel lacks the know how to play a little more defensive since he isn't as well surrounded as Kane, ok, gotcha....so lack of situational awareness for Kessel, ok...
No mention of the 4 other players + goalie that is on the ice when a goal against happen. You have no problem lumping in his linemates to say Kessel's line has a terrible minus but somehow you never mention them when speaking of goals against. A goal allowed rarely ever happens because of just one player making a mistake, but you love to blame Kessel for all of them.

So a + player during playoffs, but Minus player during the whole season, so he floats all year long, gotcha. And the Luongo comparison is lame. Luongo was left on his own to defend, Kessel leaves his goalie on his own to defend, not the same thing.
Again, no mention of others. It's Kessel alone that leaves his goalie on his own. The other 4 players are all doing their amazing part, but Kessel isn't. Objectivity at its finest.

What line is together all year long?? Not to many of them, point is, when Kessel is on the ice, more goals go into his net then the other way around, that's it, you can't argue that, maybe on a night to night basis you don't pay attention but when it's year after year after year, it's not a coincidence anymore, it's fact.

And you can't argue that he's responsible for them, every single time. Matter of fact, you have zero idea as to how many goals Kessel himself is actually responsible for.
That is the whole reason why people don't use the +/- stat.

Never said Phaneuf is more or less responsible! I've mentioned more than once, no passengers on a championship team, seems to me that Kessel is floating his way to the playoffs, along with a few more players I'm sure. So -1 in first 23 games and -10 in the next 23, seems to me the grind of the season is getting to Phil and some of his teammates I'm sure
So essentially, it's getting to the team. Exactly. The issue is with the team, not this one player that suddenly poisoned the well with his incredibly contagious cancer and now everyone stopped playing. That sounds like a bad fairy tale.
Leafs suck, he's an offensive leader as well as a player leader on the ice, he's got to stop sulking and start playing...robs the cab driver :laugh: he wanted his .20$ back because cab driver was being an ass, then started to punch the guy cause he wouldn't let him out, Ya, at 21yrs old I probably would've done the same, especially after a night of drinking
You see how incredibly biased you're being? You somehow think to excuse Kane for robbing and assaulting a cab driver drunk, but Kessel who's averaging a ppg player needs to start playing...
Again, very objective.
This is getting better and better, watching Bob McCown on Sportsnet and he's suggesting that Leafs should maybe rebuild, toying with the idea of trading Kessel. Doug Maclean says he never would've done the Kessel trade and says you don't build teams around guys like Kessel lol.
So Kessel is top 5 scorer in the league in the last few years but these guys basically can't wait to get rid of him lol he's probably the only player in the top scorers in the league that the fan base (not all obviously) and reporters covering the team wants to get rid of. Now that's the type of player I'd like to trade Gallagher, Sherbak and a 1st for LOL

Oh well if MacLean said it...

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
It is not just McCowan, and McLean, you can add: Feschuk, Kypreos, Cox, it has gotten so bad, the Leafs are in damage control:

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/2015/01/18/leafs-work-to-quiet-trade-talk-end-slide.html

But you know, 70% of the posters here, most of the media in TO are all wrong.

I'm starting to think that Kriss E is actually Kessel's mother :laugh: .I would never do a Kessel for Gallagher,Sherbak,1st pick...as a matter of fact, I wouldn't even do a Sherbak and 1st pick for him.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
It is not just McCowan, and McLean, you can add: Feschuk, Kypreos, Cox, it has gotten so bad, the Leafs are in damage control:

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/2015/01/18/leafs-work-to-quiet-trade-talk-end-slide.html

But you know, 70% of the posters here, most of the media in TO are all wrong.

Sometimes, even the media, buy into a general myth because it's repeated so often.

It certainly happened with PK when the narrative was screaming how bad he was defensively. Heard it on TSN, SN, RDS (of course)...

Statistically it was BS, and also to the eye test, if you were open minded enough to notice something other than gaffs. There are prolific and popular posters here who are still perpetuating this crap.

Bias is the enemy of truth. I imagine Kessel is enjoying the benefits of his contributions in Toronto, the same way PK is here.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
No mention of the 4 other players + goalie that is on the ice when a goal against happen. You have no problem lumping in his linemates to say Kessel's line has a terrible minus but somehow you never mention them when speaking of goals against. A goal allowed rarely ever happens because of just one player making a mistake, but you love to blame Kessel for all of them.
Well....Ya! If Kessel is such a prolific scorer how in the hell is he on the ice for so many against, he's obviously doing something wrong....Im pretty sure my discussion with you is about why I wouldn't trade Gallagher for Kessel, why would I break down the entire Leaf deficiencies, player by player, I'll let you do that, my objective here is to present my point on why I wouldn't trade for Kessel, on Kessel's weaknesses, why 70%+ on this board would not trade for him. Why would I trade a player that the fans love, the organization loves, his teammates love for a player that's overpriced, overhyped and overweight :laugh:

Kriss E said:
Again, no mention of others. It's Kessel alone that leaves his goalie on his own. The other 4 players are all doing their amazing part, but Kessel isn't. Objectivity at its finest.

well, the main focus here is Kessel.

Kriss E said:
And you can't argue that he's responsible for them, every single time. Matter of fact, you have zero idea as to how many goals Kessel himself is actually responsible for.
That is the whole reason why people don't use the +/- stat.
And I'm sure you have zero idea also...uh, people do use that stat, as a matter of fact, it's sitting in NHL record books...man, your grasping for straws, it's fun though

Kriss E said:
So essentially, it's getting to the team. Exactly. The issue is with the team, not this one player that suddenly poisoned the well with his incredibly contagious cancer and now everyone stopped playing. That sounds like a bad fairy tale.
I've never said he is the sole perpetrator here, are you putting words in my mouth again :)
Kessel is certainly a contributing factor to their demise, you can't deny that, I mean, you gonna keep sitting here and try to convince me that Phil is who's gonna put us over the top, he can't even get the Leafs to the playoffs, it's not like the supporting cast is horrid, it's just the pathetic attitude that surrounds the team, attitude reflects leadership you know, this doesn't just fall on Kessel but some of it does for sure.

Kriss E said:
You see how incredibly biased you're being? You somehow think to excuse Kane for robbing and assaulting a cab driver drunk, but Kessel who's averaging a ppg player needs to start playing...
Again, very objective.
He's also a PPG and a half against...as for Kane, I doubt asking for your change back is considered ROBBING and if someone's gonna lock me in a car against my will, unless you're a cop, It's gonna get ugly

Kriss E said:
Oh well if MacLean said it...

Oh...so now you know more than an ex GM in the league :laugh:
Man, you got yourself quite the God complex with your 20,000+ posts

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Sometimes, even the media, buy into a general myth because it's repeated so often.

It certainly happened with PK when the narrative was screaming how bad he was defensively. Heard it on TSN, SN, RDS (of course)...

Statistically it was BS, and also to the eye test, if you were open minded enough to notice something other than gaffs. There are prolific and popular posters here who are still perpetuating this crap.

Bias is the enemy of truth. I imagine Kessel is enjoying the benefits of his contributions in Toronto, the same way PK is here.

It ain't no myth man
He's not the worst player in the league by any stretch, I just wouldn't trade Gallagher, + prospect + 1st round pick for him, he's just to damn expensive for what he brings and doesn't bring...actually, I wouldnt even do the one for one player for player

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Well....Ya! If Kessel is such a prolific scorer how in the hell is he on the ice for so many against, he's obviously doing something wrong....
He's on the freaking Leafs!

You wouldn't pay a premium for him? Okay that's cool, but stop talking nonsense. +/- when you're talking about players on bad teams mean zero.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
He's on the freaking Leafs!

You wouldn't pay a premium for him? Okay that's cool, but stop talking nonsense. +/- when you're talking about players on bad teams mean zero.

What, because you say so, you don't like the stat, it's obviously not working in your favor, ok let's talk about take aways and give aways...he's -19, he's a turnover machine, besides Matt Frattin (-1) he's the only forward in the minus. Bozak's a +32!!! Come on man!!...Kessel is just bad, you guys are so in love with his points that it blinds you from the truth about this player, he's just a disrespectful ass, that's why he's got a bad rap

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Well....Ya! If Kessel is such a prolific scorer how in the hell is he on the ice for so many against, he's obviously doing something wrong....Im pretty sure my discussion with you is about why I wouldn't trade Gallagher for Kessel, why would I break down the entire Leaf deficiencies, player by player, I'll let you do that, my objective here is to present my point on why I wouldn't trade for Kessel, on Kessel's weaknesses, why 70%+ on this board would not trade for him. Why would I trade a player that the fans love, the organization loves, his teammates love for a player that's overpriced, overhyped and overweight :laugh:
Kessel plays on the Leafs. You need to realize just how terrible they have been as a team.

well, the main focus here is Kessel.
Which is why it's ridiculous to look at a stat that is highly influenced by multiple factors. It's been repeated many times to you before but your obvious bias on the topic has blinded you from the most logical things.

And I'm sure you have zero idea also...uh, people do use that stat, as a matter of fact, it's sitting in NHL record books...man, your grasping for straws, it's fun though
Precisely, but I'm not the one arguing that Kessel is this terrible player who's responsible for the Leafs being terrible. You are.
Heck, I even admitted since the first post that Kessel does have his defensive flaws.
You have a hard time following this conversation.
I've never said he is the sole perpetrator here, are you putting words in my mouth again :)
Kessel is certainly a contributing factor to their demise, you can't deny that, I mean, you gonna keep sitting here and try to convince me that Phil is who's gonna put us over the top, he can't even get the Leafs to the playoffs, it's not like the supporting cast is horrid, it's just the pathetic attitude that surrounds the team, attitude reflects leadership you know, this doesn't just fall on Kessel but some of it does for sure.
No. Price, PK, Plek, Markov, Kessel, Galchenyuk, Eller, and others are all going to put us over the top. You know, a team.
If you're leadership is good, not one player will ever imbalance the whole team. It is never, ever, about one player.
He's also a PPG and a half against...as for Kane, I doubt asking for your change back is considered ROBBING and if someone's gonna lock me in a car against my will, unless you're a cop, It's gonna get ugly
So what you're essentially saying is that the press/media can exaggerate things?
But what's true for Kane cannot be true for Kessel right? Right...

Oh...so now you know more than an ex GM in the league :laugh:
Man, you got yourself quite the God complex with your 20,000+ posts

Mike Milbury is also an ex GM. So is Houle. Heck, did you agree with every Gainey/Gauthier decision? I'm sure you were all happy and saying ''hey they're GMs so they must know better 100% of the time''. Perron won the cup as a coach, should we bring him back? Carbonneau is an ex-player and coach, you agree with every opinion of his? Remember the Darkest Day in Habs History?? That story was brought forward by ex players/coaches, current analysts all with better connections than any of us. How right were they then??
You realize how ridiculous your strawman is now or you need even more examples??
And I never said I would trade Gallagher+Scherbak+1st for Kessel.

Please get your maturity level of discussion back up a little higher. If this is tiring for you, we can simply agree to disagree. Going for petty little insults because we disagree is as rather lame and if that's the direction you want to take, then I'll just end it there and wish you a good day.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Kessel plays on the Leafs. You need to realize just how terrible they have been as a team.
Yes, but when it comes time for trades they can't trade the TEAM, They will have to evaluate every single player...individually, like I'm doing right now, I'm evaluating one player

Kriss E said:
Which is why it's ridiculous to look at a stat that is highly influenced by multiple factors. It's been repeated many times to you before but your obvious bias on the topic has blinded you from the most logical things.
You've been repeating yourself for the last week too Kriss E, your message is getting redundant, almost nauseating, but you seem not to except a legit stat because you don't believe in it, that's fine but it's still legit so I'll use it if I want to

Kriss E said:
Precisely, but I'm not the one arguing that Kessel is this terrible player who's responsible for the Leafs being terrible. You are.
Heck, I even admitted since the first post that Kessel does have his defensive flaws.
You have a hard time following this conversation.
Heck, I've admitted on more than one occasion that Kessel is a super talented player but I have to keep reminding you of that, it's like misremembering on your part, and in my last post I've mentioned twice its not entirely Kessel's fault yet you keep accusing me of putting 100% blame on poor Kessel

Kriss E said:
No. Price, PK, Plek, Markov, Kessel, Galchenyuk, Eller, and others are all going to put us over the top. You know, a team.
If you're leadership is good, not one player will ever imbalance the whole team. It is never, ever, about one player.

To imbalance a team short term, no, long term, yesssss, especially if those players are part of your leadership group, like the Leafs, why do you think they're doing so bad with all that talent...good god!

Kriss E said:
So what you're essentially saying is that the press/media can exaggerate things?
But what's true for Kane cannot be true for Kessel right? Right...

Uhhh...one was an isolated incident, the other has been ongoing for years, please.....

Kriss E said:
Mike Milbury is also an ex GM. So is Houle. Heck, did you agree with every Gainey/Gauthier decision? I'm sure you were all happy and saying ''hey they're GMs so they must know better 100% of the time''. Perron won the cup as a coach, should we bring him back? Carbonneau is an ex-player and coach, you agree with every opinion of his? Remember the Darkest Day in Habs History?? That story was brought forward by ex players/coaches, current analysts all with better connections than any of us. How right were they then??
You realize how ridiculous your strawman is now or you need even more examples??
And I never said I would trade Gallagher+Scherbak+1st for Kassel
Strawman arguments...very cute. guess you got a point there in respect to GM's,

Kriss E said:
Please get your maturity level of discussion back up a little higher. If this is tiring for you, we can simply agree to disagree. Going for petty little insults because we disagree is as rather lame and if that's the direction you want to take, then I'll just end it there and wish you a good day.

I've agreed to disagree a long time ago, that bus has come and gone, that was about 3-4 days ago, seems though you were hellbent in proving your point by throwing an insult at me, now, I could've mentioned to you to bring up your maturity level as well, but I accepted your challenge in the "Gallagher vs Kessel " debate. This has gone on for quite a while, it's not a discussion anymore, it's an argument, but if you're ready to bury the hatchet, I'm good with that, to you sir, I wish you a very good night:)

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Funny seeing you defend Kessel when you actually don't like him that much, I did the same thing with Therrien where I was defending him when everyone wanted him fired even though I can't stand listening to him talk or his bizarre approaches to coaching. Tavares at -48 is horrible, here's a guy that has to tighten up his defense or he will never be successful in the team game, winning a cup. I don't like Kessel not because he's a Leaf, but because he's an ass, there are so many things I dislike about the person, and only a few from the player, when you look at Tavares or Stamkos, they are very well spoken and respected something that Kessel isn't. There's a reason he's making the news for all the wrong reasons. Anyways, I'm a little Kesseled out here, Lets bury the hatchet and call it a draw

BTW Stamkos is a career +/- 0, same there, not much playoff success, both he and Tavares and Ovechkin will have to pull a Yzerman and re-invent their game if they wanna be champs

Here's my post from a few days back, the 14th to be precise, but you didn't want to stop
Your next post #248 was essentially telling me that I was delusional after I had try to make peace, anyways, don't matter now

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
It ain't no myth man
He's not the worst player in the league by any stretch, I just wouldn't trade Gallagher, + prospect + 1st round pick for him, he's just to damn expensive for what he brings and doesn't bring...actually, I wouldnt even do the one for one player for player

Didn't say I wanted him. Just saying he's been demonized in the media. He's a very good hockey player.

I don't want any part of his contact, personally.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Heck, I've admitted on more than one occasion that Kessel is a super talented player but I have to keep reminding you of that, it's like misremembering on your part, and in my last post I've mentioned twice its not entirely Kessel's fault yet you keep accusing me of putting 100% blame on poor Kessel
So, Kessel is a super talented player who's not entirely at fault. Great. So why is it that you would be against bringing in a super talented player who's not even entirely at fault for his team's poor performance???

Here's some of the things you wrote about him with a very fast and limited search in this thread:
Also Kessel is most easily intimidated player in NHL voted by players, twice as many players voted Kessel over the Sedin sisters lol. What a loser!
=Mr.Kessel and his career -48, 8 million dollar price tag per for 8yrs sorry lazy ass
It would be such a side show...if you're gonna get an 8million dollar player, get something better then that jerk, character and team chemistry is something huge in hockey, don't think Kessel is uhhhh....that type.

I guess we can end it there. You obviously have a strong personal dislike of the player.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
So, Kessel is a super talented player who's not entirely at fault. Great. So why is it that you would be against bringing in a super talented player who's not even entirely at fault for his team's poor performance???

Here's some of the things you wrote about him with a very fast and limited search in this thread:

I guess we can end it there. You obviously have a strong personal dislike of the player.

You want to end it here because I have a strong personal dislike for Kessel.....did you just catch on that now??!! The guy is lazy, disrespectful towards the media, don't like who he is as a person at all, I'm entitled to that, just like you're entitled to like him, but don't limit your search, keep looking and you'll find more. NO TO KESSEL LIKE 70% OF THE PEOPLE HERE. have you ever asked yourself why, 70% of the people want nothing to do with him?? You look at Phil the hockey player playing offence, I look at Phil the person and hockey player, that's why I keep telling you you're hypnotized by his points

Last edited:

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
You want to end it here because I have a strong personal dislike for Kessel.....did you just catch on that now??!! The guy is lazy, disrespectful towards the media, don't like who he is as a person at all, I'm entitled to that, just like you're entitled to like him, but don't limit your search, keep looking and you'll find more. NO TO KESSEL LIKE 70% OF THE PEOPLE HERE. have you ever asked yourself why, 70% of the people want nothing to do with him?? You look at Phil the hockey player playing offence, I look at Phil the person and hockey player, that's why I keep telling you you're hypnotized by his points

I'd be curious to see what the top reason of the 70% was. I'd venture that "cost" (to acquire him and his salary) is a non-negligible portion as opposed to him being the devil (albeit a lazy one)

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
No man, not because I say so. Try to access your non-crazy side and think about it.

I don't have a non crazy side....guess I'll do like Kriss E and say " no need for insults, if it's getting to you, drop the conversation and move on" :shakehead......But think about the numbers I just gave you and acknowledge them, convenient for you to just brush him off, there's no way to defend them. He was picked LAST at the All-Star draft....LAST!!!! And he's suppose to be a TOP scorer in the league....it's because people DONT LIKE HIM!!! Just like I don't like him and 70% + of the people on this board don't like him, well maybe they don't dislike him but just wouldn't make the trade!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad