Speculation: Who wants to be President of Hockey OPs; survey says...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There
What ever happened to the Prez of Hockey Ops??? Why are we not hearing more on this? Can we get a poll predicting who it will be? Will it be Alfie? Redden? Neil? Boro? Melnunchuck?

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
I dislike Brian Burke, but... given that Melnyk is the owner, I'd actually welcome him as POHO. He wouldn't put up with Melnyk's **** at all, and would almost certainly perceive Dorion as a weak, ineffective clown and fire him immediately.

Dorian has had to trade away every player the fans liked and wanted, he is bashed the entire time around the city, that isn’t a task for the weak.

Clamshells

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 11, 2009
Dorian has had to trade away every player the fans liked and wanted, he is bashed the entire time around the city, that isn’t a task for the weak.

Dorion's response to the question about DJ being a "cheap hire" in the introduction press conf was proof enough (for me), that he is a beta trying to pass off as an alpha.

He's weak because he can't negotiate with other GMs, with star players and their agents, with the press. Anyone he goes toe to toe with on business, he comes out the wrong end and then fumbles out an unconvincing pat-on-the-back message to the media.

A strong minded person does not need to continually reassure the public that he's doing a good job, he promises, he even got a high five and a hug the other day.

Reactions: branch

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Besides the part where Melnyck said he someone who had done hundreds of contracts, was a winner as a manager, has seen it all and has experience
And then Melnyk realized that the experience he was looking for couldn't be had for a $50,000 Canadian Tire gift card.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
Probably waiting on the new owners to decide the POHO.
I don’t think it’s happening anytime soon. Arizona is getting a new majority owner and the NHL BOG is supposed to vote on the matter on June 19th at their meeting in Vegas.

New ownership requires BOG approval, and it’s not like they meet every month!

Reactions: Variable26

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
I don’t think it’s happening anytime soon. Arizona is getting a new majority owner and the NHL BOG is supposed to vote on the matter on June 19th at their meeting in Vegas.

New ownership requires BOG approval, and it’s not like they meet every month!

Suspense....

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Dany Briere name being floated as a potential candidate. He’s managing an ECHL team. Local guy, smart - but he can’t be ready for this?

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Dany Briere name being floated as a potential candidate. He’s managing an ECHL team. Local guy, smart - but he can’t be ready for this?

If they bring in Briere, just call him an assistant GM and be done with it - no sense giving him some fancy title that implies influence he clearly won't have.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Not sure Chris Phillips is the right guy for the job. He never was the greatest person in front of the mic, seems kinda shy actually.
Would love him to work with the young defenders we have though,I think he could show them some stuff

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Yeah... To the company that runs Nickels. :thumbd:

However mediocre that place was before this sale, you'd better believe that the quality is about to take a serious nosedive in the next 6 months.
Yeah wasnt overly impressed by it in the first place,now an even more mediocre to below average taking it over....Yeah cant see it being too popular

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
WHAT is with Ottawa and Chris Kelly - get this guy locked up long term.

This entire ‘we are going to let him decide’ jargon they said about Alfie and Kelly. Doesn’t this team have defined needs and any type of vision for the quality people that are within the organization.

This is stupid - find Chris Kelly a job and pay him the money it’ll take to make him stay. Have some leadership and vision, don’t just sit back and say we are waiting for the phone to ring. No wonder this team is he worst in the NHL

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
WHAT is with Ottawa and Chris Kelly - get this guy locked up long term.

This entire ‘we are going to let him decide’ jargon they said about Alfie and Kelly. Doesn’t this team have defined needs and any type of vision for the quality people that are within the organization.

This is stupid - find Chris Kelly a job and pay him the money it’ll take to make him stay. Have some leadership and vision, don’t just sit back and say we are waiting for the phone to ring. No wonder this team is he worst in the NHL
You cant make people work here if they dont want to. I heard rumors of him almost leaving mid season last year.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
You cant make people work here if they dont want to. I heard rumors of him almost leaving mid season last year.
Makes a ton of sense. Seemed like Marc Crawford went out of his way multiple times to compliment Kelly. Almost like he was trying to convince him to stick around through the media

Emerica

May 29, 2010
I’m sure they had all the intentions in the world to hire a poho when they announced it but when people started turning them down left and right they decided to backtrack and are now trying to spin it as their own decision not to hire someone.

If anything they’re just going to end up hiring some accountant that played a handful of games in Midget AAA some 30 years ago a la Peter Mactavish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad