Speculation: Who wants to be President of Hockey OPs; survey says...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Survey says
maxresdefault.jpg

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
For the record, I don't believe a word of that Spitting Chickens rumour about Ron Francis, but offseason rules are in effect, so even the crazy rumours get posted simply for the sake of conversation.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
For the record, I don't believe a word of that Spitting Chickens rumour about Ron Francis, but offseason rules are in effect, so even the crazy rumours get posted simply for the sake of conversation.

I don't see what's so crazy about it. They basically just said that the job was offered to Francis, which makes sense given his experience and his position now in Carolina. Now if they said Francis will likely take the job in Ottawa that would be different, but I mean this process definitely will include offering the position to different people in the hockey community.

I don't see what they'd have to gain by bringing this up, it won't make their podcast any more popular than it currently is and it's not something they really discuss anyway. I also don't think many people would believe that Francis would take the job in the first place.

Reactions: bert

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I don't see what's so crazy about it. They basically just said that the job was offered to Francis, which makes sense given his experience and his position now in Carolina. Now if they said Francis will likely take the job in Ottawa that would be different, but I mean this process definitely will include offering the position to different people in the hockey community.

I don't see what they'd have to gain by bringing this up, it won't make their podcast any more popular than it currently is and it's not something they really discuss anyway. I also don't think many people would believe that Francis would take the job in the first place.
Friedman has already stated Francis was offered and said no weeks ago, which the author of that tweet said he was unaware of. He literally says he'd defer to what Friedman says over him, seems like a complete fabrication without doing homework to me

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Friedman has already stated Francis was offered and said no weeks ago, which the author of that tweet said he was unaware of. He literally says he'd defer to what Friedman says over him, seems like a complete fabrication without doing homework to me

I listened to the podcast and literally the only thing he said is he heard that Francis was offered the job (which you now confirm is true). RA is from Boston and obviously has NHL contacts, he was probably just told about it during a game against the Canes in Boston and reported what he was told... I would recommend you listen to the podcast, it's pretty clear he's not "fabricating" this. He's pretty clear about the fact that this might very well not be true as well.

And I mean the guy doesn't report rumours in general he just doesn't do that. I also don't see what's fabricated in what he said if the Sens offered him the job already, it would clearly be his if he wanted it.. But obviously he doesn't want it.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
I listened to the podcast and literally the only thing he said is he heard that Francis was offered the job (which you now confirm is true). RA is from Boston and obviously has NHL contacts, he was probably just told about it during a game against the Canes in Boston and reported what he was told... I would recommend you listen to the podcast, it's pretty clear he's not "fabricating" this. He's pretty clear about the fact that this might very well not be true as well.

And I mean the guy doesn't report rumours in general he just doesn't do that. I also don't see what's fabricated in what he said if the Sens offered him the job already, it would clearly be his if he wanted it.. But obviously he doesn't want it.

Bingo

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Crawford gets Special Advisor Role / POHO and J. Martin the Coach and Spezza back just for the fun of it.

Why would we give Crawford a higher position? Martin should get the POHO role if anything considering he's had experience at that level.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Ofcourse the job is on the table for Francis. It likely is for many qualified people, not like anyone is going to take it that is sought after or has any other viable options.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Hunh? They have probably offered the job to many people no one wants it.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Wouldn't shock me if a former player like Neiler or Phillips got the job

Besides the part where Melnyck said he someone who had done hundreds of contracts, was a winner as a manager, has seen it all and has experience

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Wouldn't shock me if a former player like Neiler or Phillips got the job

"We need a top-notch President of Hockey Operations to fill the void left by the late Bryan Murray, and who has experience in guiding a rebuild"

... *(every viable candidate rejects them)*

"Wait, what we actually need are a couple of experienced senior advisors to help Dorion and support him in his role of GM"

... *(proceeds to hire someone with literally zero experience in a management or executive role)*

Yep, that definitely sounds like something this organization would do. :laugh:

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I still think my initial suggestion when the search first started of crowdsourcing all hockey ops moves is the best value!

One way to do it, anyone attending a game can literally put in their $0.02 worth! Melnyk gets about as good of a candidate as we can find this way AND the position pays for itself! Win - win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad