Speculation: Who sits when Z is back?

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
The line of Jurco, Sheahan and Tatar has been one of our best at outshooting the competition. If you believe Corsi is a relevant stat well it sure as hell suggests that has been one of our best lines this year. So YES, let's break that line up. :sarcasm:

They also start by far the most often in the offensive zone, they get the easiest line-matchups and face the oppositions weakest defensive pairs

Only Drew Miller starts more frequently in the defensive zone than Legwand of our starting forwards, and only Zetterberg and Datsyuk have faced tougher opposing lines and opposing defenceman.

If we manage to pull off the upset, Jurco will need a great series or someone will need a terrible one to prevent him from being the odd guy out.

Legwand will almost certainly not be that guy.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
They also start by far the most often in the offensive zone, they get the easiest line-matchups and face the oppositions weakest defensive pairs

Only Drew Miller starts more frequently in the defensive zone than Legwand of our starting forwards, and only Zetterberg and Datsyuk have faced tougher opposing lines and opposing defenceman.

If we manage to pull off the upset, Jurco will need a great series or someone will need a terrible one to prevent him from being the odd guy out.

So yeah, Z will replace Legwand.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
So yeah, Z will replace Legwand.

If Z is playing on the 4th line in Legwand's current spot its because Legwand has had an offensive outburst and is now in the top 6, and to ease him back into his regular minutes.

I could actually see Tatar sat before Legwand given their current assignments.

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010
I'd guess Glendening, but it would be unusual to make it through a playoff round---let alone one against such a physical team as the Bruins---without at least one injury up front.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
Glendening is babcock's new cleary so he isn't going anywhere. Seems like legwand is most prone to end up in babcock's doghouse lately so I would go with him being the odd man out at the moment. But obviously a lot will depend on who's playing well and who isn't at the time zetterberg is ready to go

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
If Z is playing on the 4th line in Legwand's current spot its because Legwand has had an offensive outburst and is now in the top 6, and to ease him back into his regular minutes.

I could actually see Tatar sat before Legwand given their current assignments.

Cute. Z and Pavs will play together against the toughest competition. Sheahan, Helm and Glendening will be the other centers.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Cute. Z and Pavs will play together against the toughest competition. Sheahan, Helm and Glendening will be the other centers.

Not so sure about that for Boston specifically. They are one of maybe 3-4 teams in the league that I can see Z and Pasha being split up for. Granted if 100% healthy Z would be fine on a line by his own but against Chicago, Boston, Pittsburgh, and San Jose I could see Babs going with the 1a 1b approach.

I feel this upcoming series will mainly come down to if our 4th line can shut down/limit there Kreichi line. Because I have a feeling that will be the line that babs will try his hardest to get out there when they are on the ice.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI

Well yes they ARE A ROOKIE LINE, So I would guess that they would face the other teams weaker or rookie line! Still does not change the fact they are good together and produce offense. Sorry leggy has fallen to the 4th and done nothing there either, hes out!

Glenn

Jan 22, 2013
According to Z himself, he won't be back until round two, if they make round two that is.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Miller or Leggy. You can't break up the kid line.

Too late. Already broke up.

Instead of taking advance of the depth Nyquist brings to another line, Babcock will stick him on an offensive line that doesn't need his help.

And don't give me the it's for defensive purposes crap. It's Babcock crap. Because he insists on putting a line (Franzen-Datsyuk-Abdelkader) that has never worked together and sticking with it despite their past failure. Oh, and Datsyuk is still getting back to game speed and Franzen is a useless turd at the moment. Sweet.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
@AnsarKhanMLive
@RedWingsRGreat No. I don't know who would sit if Zetterberg comes back but it won't be Legwand.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Probably be Jurco but wouldn't rule out Legwand.

I'd go...

Franzen-Datsyuk-Alfredsson
Abdelkader-Zetterberg-Nyquist
Jurco-Sheahan-Tatar
Miller-Glendening-Helm

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
So, similar while also being more experienced and dependable?

Meh indeed.

meanwhile Legwand is a 33 year old scoring near his career averages while Jurco is a 21 year old rookie with 36 NHL games played still getting used to the league

Jurco has a lot of untapped offensive potential,Legwand? not so much

Legwand shouldn't sit either though,we should be talking about guys like Miller and Glendenning

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad